Gnome resurrection

I can understand how you perceive it, but i can’t agree that you are dealing with it in the best way it’s possible.

“An entire sea of water can’t sink a ship unless it gets inside the ship. Similarly, the negativity of the world can’t put you down unless you allow it to get inside you.”

― Goi Nasu

This is the last time i’ll bother you about taking a break. I hope you consider it, but in the end do as you please. :slight_smile:

I’ll keep following threads and discuss possible ideas and suggestions about these issues, while making a few snide remarks, less rare than current gnomes spawn rate, (see what i did here? :rofl: ), but that’s my way to deal with things.

3 Likes

I wanted to take a rest after i saw a gnome, but this mother f***** don’t want to show up :slight_smile:

1 Like

5 Likes

You always knows when to pick the right gifs, and I adore you for that.

3 Likes

Better to meme than rage, I guess. :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

@Ivar it took me 5h to see 1 gnome and he dropped 3 celestial stones, too bad i already got 621 of them lol now i can take my rest more pissed

1 Like

Hooray…

7 Likes

At least a better reward than 2000 souls or 5 diamonds. Not bad! :+1:

4 Likes

Rofl - you got something you weren’t supposed to get in the first place. They didn’t take away what you already got but rather adjusted it so you only get a trickle of it in the future. So you can still get something you weren’t getting before just in greatly reduced quantity.

But it’s your right to complain about it? You have the freedom to complain certainly, but it’s definitely not a right that you’re entitled to. Sorry, but I stand by my assessment of people with entitlement issues.

The only mistake they made was giving us (well not me since I have yet to find a gnome) more of something than intended. Taking it away wasn’t incorrect in the least bit.

5 Likes

@Ivar: You are cracking me up today. :rofl:

2 Likes

Indeed, i only have seen a gnome once, it’s stupid

Out of so many bad puns and jokes i should be able to pull a few good ones sometimes.
Pretty much like chasing mythics with glory keys i guess… :thinking:

3 Likes

Changing my name to Gnomercy. …

I wake up and this thread has over 60 new replies. Wow, guys! It’s like you sleep even less than I do.:sweat_smile:

I appreciate the effort, really (yeah, it’s about Khorvash). And yeah, when she was first mentioned, Ishbaala’s existence was like “Why is this done to my favourite character and me?!”. But Monday’s both lores kind of answered that question quite well. I thought, based on questline, that Khorvash was a really good guy. Turns out that he’s corrupt, which already makes him 100% less likeable; I’m not a fan of corrupt rulers and - careful, purely subjective opinion - he’s okay with polygamy, which makes my skin crawl. He’s now simply not a character I can relate to, like or support in any way or form. I thought Leonis was a cool place full of fluffy scorpion-lions, but nope, it’s a corrupt place (No banking system? Yeah, Amira, great place Khorvash built there…). I have zero liking left for it.
On top of it, my second favourite character is Ysabelle and I have checked the spoiler page and the flavor text for Queen’s Herald, so I am now aware that this will repeat and yeah… I think I’m so, so done. So done.

The problem is that the rewards aren’t always large, though. It can be just 500 souls… if they would, with their current rate, drop a Vault Key for sure in addition to whatever else random reward, then maybe, but yeah… I would like to see them more often with less rewards.

That’s why it’s likely better to rely on Explore…

I agree, based on the fact that there’s a new mythic every month and it’s not like making them slightly easier to obtain will give every newbie every mythic ever.

I think this is a very important point. While I’m not agreeing that I can get even four gem keys in 3-4 treasure hunt (I’m so bad at TH I would likely need more like 30 for that :joy:) and no event keys drop from TH, I still think that TH gives out enough gems to have to be compared to Gnomes. And it is the far more accessible game part of the two right now - and already hailed for “Not giving enough rewards”. That should already show the devs that Gnomes are not working well right now.

I got seven Gnomes in total while they spawned. Two dropped a Vault Key and in one of the Vaults, I got 100 gems. There also was a good load of other stuff (Event Keys, some more gems from Gnomes, Celestials…). And yeah, that’s a LOT of gems for the time I was playing.

I have power!:rabbit::hearts:
cute

I agree; I have finally finished the thread and @Ivar is glorious today.:joy::blush:

2 Likes

I think we don’t have the full lore to simply assume that. The Moneylenders have influence on the royal family, but it could mean that Khorvash have brothers or cousins and such that could be behind the coup to dethrone him. Maybe even Ishbaala could be the one plotting against him…

4 Likes

Gnomes were one of those things that could make a player really addicted. The expectation, the suspence, the excitement…
And no, some R&D meeting must have determined that it would damage the economy of the game.

2 Likes

I played for about 6 hours today, maybe a little bit more. I didn’t see a single gnome. It’ll be one of those things where it’s nice to get one while traitstone farming. Otherwise it’s not even worth putting in the time to farm them.

5 Likes

Which is crap. The drop rate was perfectly fine for the devs when they tested them, right? Such as whatever testing they did.
Players were excited, they were having fun playing the game.
CAN’T HAVE THAT!
This decision, like so many others, just adds to the belief that the devs don’t care about players, just the money they spend (or don’t spend).

3 Likes

Yeah, sorry, but if you build an empire and you don’t install a banking system, then there’s something obviously wrong with you and your sense of justice to a point where, when it’s known there’s corruption in your family, you’re likely not the sole innocent one…

It was implied that the old droprate/spawnrate is actually one that is supposed to happen during the Vault event (which is three days a month) and the current one is the one which is supposed to happen the rest of the time.

2 Likes

It may seem so, though I still think that the variables to consider for them are many and related to different areas. Too many things to consider could drive towards decisions that may appear wrong for us, but in their concept, they make sense.

Having said this, I agree with you: the excitement was tangible, I spent double time on the game and it would be very nice if the drop rate could become more like bingo and less like state lottery.

10 Likes