Gnome resurrection

I just got one in Explore after so many hours. 20 gems

Thereā€™s now a ā€˜secretā€™ cooldown timer on how many Gnomes you will see every day despite endless grinding :wink:

Devs wonā€™t deny this is the case, just try to distract us if it is mentioned insteadā€¦

3 Likes

We know that:

• there are 2 Side events
  • each of them occurs once by month
  • almost sure that Bounty one will occur on March 16th and on April 13th

If devs want to put 2 events by month (letā€™s assume one side event every 2 weeks), Vault Events should occurā€¦ this week (and March 30th). Aside of course if devs skip this event :wink: .

1 Like

I just read this and not all sorry, so as always some people have some extra resources only for being in other place of the planet, now this is fixed and the other ones must have the chance.

Really? Again?
Is always the same. Is sad to see how always happened the same things, some people get the extra and others must watch them

And even worse, you see that many people got the loot and the new legendary in 1 hour, itā€™s sad

:disappointed:

10 Likes

Iā€™m sure the people that were able to play it earlier with the previous encounter rate would more than love to have that encounter rate available for everyone right now.

5 hours playing pvp, explore and 1 arena run found no gnomes.

The Moa event was the most fun I had in this in over a year and since the devs wonā€™t do that again I was hoping gnomes was going to be like that but of course finding a gnome is rarer than finding a mythic troop. I donā€™t care about the resources I just want the fun of the moa event back.

7 Likes

Just wanna put this here amid all the complaining about it.

3 Likes

I think the devs are allergic to good will and acted quickly to remove as much of it as they possibly could.

2 Likes

They want to make it rarer, but that original rate was the sweet point.

1 in 30ish on average encouraged play, but not a blind grind as it is now.

It was also not a fixed rate, so some people had up to 1 in 90 or worse. It set less of expected value and more of a hope to see it sooner rather than later.

There were plenty of booby prizes like 20k gold or other variable rates, 500 souls, 3 celestial traitstones, 5 diamonds (Iā€™m sure some will argue it isnā€™t, but 5/4000 is quite a daunting number to look at) among other things. At 1 in 30, the booby prizes werenā€™t great rewards to all but the newest players, but at that encounter rate, there isnā€™t much to complain about as its not like it was back breaking to find said Gnome. It just encourages to get back into playing and find another one. I think Iā€™d throw a controller if I found a Gnome now and it gave 500 souls.

Gnomes can bloody effing escape. At this encounter rate, if they escaped? Iā€™d quit playing for the day.

At 1 in 30 average, they were exciting. At 1 in 500 (or whatever the rate is now), Iā€™m just pissed it took that long to find.

If they really have problems having people find 20 gems or something, just up the rate of the gold and souls reward more and leave gnome encounter rates alone. The good prizes werenā€™t even at a consistent rate, and not everyone got to win the lottery on drops. I only managed to find 1 vault key and I actually played the entire time.

11 Likes

Just updated my game, it appears Iā€™ve missed something alreadyā€¦

1 Like

Cant miss what you never had but the whales were in there trawling within minutes as usual.

2 Likes

So easily I have a 1 in 2000 matches chance to get a vault key that gives me a 1 in 200,000 chance to get the most powerful orb. (The only one worth a damn to end gamers)

So I have better odds of getting hit by lightning than getting an Orb of Power.

Therefore Iā€™m more likely to win the lottery than to ever craft Zuulā€™Goth.

Math can be fun and depressing kids.

:crossed_fingers: Thereā€™s a bug that puts Zuulā€™Goth in Legendary Tasks.

7 Likes

Not sure what is worst that or obtaining 151 copies of Gnomeā€¦
EDIT: oh no, I forget about the Orbā€¦ one Gnome is enough :slight_smile: .

:crossed_fingers: Thereā€™s a bug that puts Zuulā€™Goth in Soulforge.

We can also have orbs with the other new events. Hopefully.

1 Like

Orbs are cruelā€¦ Youā€™re expected to give up 4 of each major to make 1 Orb of Power in the Soulforgeā€¦ 1 set of each major is already capable of doing what 1 Orb of Power can do.

It really doesnā€™t make any sense except to make Zuulā€™Gath harder to get.

The update was live about 2am here in Finland. I went to bed at 1am. Damn Iā€™m stupid.

Thatā€™s @Alpheonā€™s standard reply to everything.

He said the same thing about the cascades, and that got never tweaked again, and still sucks ass today.

So, I woudlnā€™t hold my breathā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t know what post you are referring to or when, but they did make a change to cascades fairly recently. There is some sort of combo breaker in the code to make things less likely to cascade after the first, as I recall.

I stand corrected thenā€¦ expect a change to gnomes in 2019 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got about 500k gold and lots of keys + 2x the legendary gnome in the first hour after the update, the 3 hours afterwards nothing :cry: the gnomes motivated me to do some explores without even paying attention to the traitstones I was getting.

1 Like

этŠ¾ фŠøŠ°ŃŠŗŠ¾ Š±Ń€Š°Ń‚Š°Š½