Gnome resurrection

:sob:
I have been nothing but excited and I havenā€™t found a single gnomeā€¦

Devs:
We donā€™t want crazy rewards, we want ANYTHING different to happen during gameplay. That makes it exciting! When I read gnomes were spawning about every 30-40 battles, that felt right. Iā€™m over 100 without any and this just feels wrong. Besides, the gnomes themselves drop random rewardsā€¦ SOā€¦ by making the spawn rate astronomically low, you are sort of double gating access to new features like the Gnome Vault. Should it be rare to get a GV key? Absolutely! Should I have multiple opportunities to toss the dice at a chance for one per day? IMHOā€¦ ABSOLUTELY!

-efh313

16 Likes

This is such a sucker punch that tired players did not need, and there are so so many tired players.

20 Likes

This is the final nail in the coffin for me.
Not expecting anything else from the devs from now on.

They drove people away with Guild Wars. And now this. Let em kill their own game if thatā€™s what they want. (Oh, and I opened just over 1000 event chests and didnā€™t get Divine Ishbaala or any mythic this week)

2 Likes

milkCartonGnome

27 Likes

Replace: ā€œNobodyā€™s Foolā€ with " No Gnomes For you"

Enjoy. :joy:

5 Likes

I got it on a level 700 account with 22 event keys.

Chests are the only true RNG left in the game.

1 Like

so the gnome is still there at leastā€¦ just got him

2 Likes

I got super excited for Gnomes when I read the patch notes. Then I looked at the rest of the forum and my excitement dropped to zero.

Instead of nerfing the encounter rate, cut the rewards to 1/3 of what they currently are and put the encounter rate to what it was at release. Then, during the Gnome events, return the rewards to what they are now without touching the encounter rate. That would maintain the FUN element of finding them now, and still make finding them more special during events.

16 Likes

Odds to win powerball: 1 in 271 million
Odds to see a gnome: 1 in 500 million

10 Likes

And ban @Tacet from the forums for 24 hours every time an update is released. :grin::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I over slept. So no gnomes for me.
No real changes to the game to be excited about until Monday now. So unfortunatelyā€¦ Back to the real world for me for the rest of the week. Not gonna spend 40 hours in the game to see a Gnome onceā€¦ Oh and if it gets away before I can kill himā€¦ Wellā€¦ Should I start a crowd funding page to buy me a new phone before that happens? Lol

16 Likes

Actually, yes.

6 Likes

As a form of catharsis, fan lore will give the gnomes an extremely dark backstory:

Cedric is a prince who lost his birthright to the throne when the king and queen were assassinated in a military coup dā€™etat. Driven mad by rage, Cedric releases deadly pathogens, which he keeps in his sparklesack, that devastate his race. The treasure gnomes are former Sparklesack agents psychologically traumatized by the war crimes they committed. Cedric hides in the vault with the vaccine, but the hero is too late. The gnomish population is destined for extinction because they could not find the key in time.

I found one it gave 20k gold. That was after over 3k pvp pointsā€¦Wheeeeeee.

2 Likes

I am tired as hell from this gameā€¦ These gnomes were a breath of fresh air, they can go nerf there gems etcā€¦ Just give them gold drops to do legendary tasks withā€¦ I mean hell they already nerfed LT time and time againā€¦

7 Likes

Gnomes are there as a bonus, not as something to farmā€¦

The bug (i.e. wrong ratio) should have been certainly avoided if a Beta was done.

2 Likes

So what did this update actually do besides introduce a new currency and an event locked behind gems and a new troop locked behind grinding? :confused: Oh yeah, the menus changedā€¦ :smiley:

5 Likes

Most of the changes wonā€™t take effect until Monday after weekly reset.

Iā€™ll see for myself on Monday I guess. If it doesnā€™t entertain Iā€™m gonna take a hiatus for a few months. Bored as hell of this. Level 1000something, VIP level 5 , have mostly everything, great guild, etc. Just bored.

2 Likes

I just got one in pvp. Tact got one in arena. Yet to hear of anyone getting one in explore. Pretty sure the odds in explore are zero. Unless someone finds one soon.

1 Like