Gnome-A-Palooza preview discussion

So, getting a Pet Gnome during PvP is going to be even rarer, once 4 additional Gnomes are added to the pool?

It’s ridiculous now that I have to grind all day long to get just 1 or 2 pet rescues, and usually they’re for pets already at level 20 even though I have plenty that are not.

I am not looking forward to this becoming worse.
:unamused:

4 Likes

My bet is War Coins, since they’re a new War Band, right (hence the “justification” for removing Armored Legion and Entangled Woods from the shop — luckily, I just got my first War Coins from an Arena run yesterday, so I was able to get AL before it was gone forever AND I was lucky enough that EW had been my first choice before when we all got enough coins to buy one thing, so Gaard [LUCK] is good, I guess XD)?

1 Like

This makes too much sense. They had the gnomes spawning for every match, because they were set so. I don’t remember them saying there would be 4 gnomes in every match, but I hope they did? I think i’ll have a peek at the stream later, but for now, I’ll just climb back onto my cloud, close my eyes and float for awhile.

No? There was no mention of the new gnomes being a warband – the conceit is that they’re a musical band – and ISTR that the replacements for the 2 removed warbands were mentioned on-stream.

1 Like

The new gnomes are NOT a warband. There are two new warbands in the update, but they are not gnome related in any way.

I expect to get the new gnomes the way we get all gnomes - from the vault.

Please, no :pray: The one good thing about these gnomes that are a PIA to get is that they do NOT count for anything, no kingdom power to worry about. I’d be happy if it stays that way.

Thanks to Thanos on Discord, from the stream:

That’s an interesting question. I would hope nobody would waste their GAP time on Arena :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for the clarification @Maisie and @mitamata !

I thought the two were interrelated, but guess not!

Did we learn what the two new Warband banners would be? I probably won’t have the coins to buy them this year, but I would be curious to see what I’ll be missing out on :joy:

Just a quick search on Taran’s Page.

[WARBAND:PoisonFangs] Banner Mana: +2 Purple +1 Brown -1 Yellow

[WARBAND:DarkAssassins]
Banner Mana: +2 Blue +1 Green -1 Brown

1 Like

I should have got 3 Ironhawk when it was released

2 Likes

Gnome-a-palooza will affect the battles in Arena but as stated it would be a waste to use your time in Arena.

1 Like

now this looks like there is a place for 2 extra ingridients to burn… unless all recepies look like this on dev version…

1 Like

Recipes look like this in the prod version too; take a look at pretty much anything in Soulforge, they always have the 6-slot background even when some slots are unused.

6 Likes

Wait, they’re replacing a couple warbands? I’ve got enough to buy a couple but never bothered because I have all of the troops, are there any worth getting for their banner, or should I get the new banners instead?

1 Like

Get Armored Legion and Entangled Woods if you can. Those 2 will be gone for awhile when the patch arrives.

3 Likes

To save you the hassle of trying to look at them in-game:

Also, as I said earlier in that topic, I wouldn’t buy the Cunning banner (Goblin Gang) because the Maze one (you get for free from unlocking The Labyrinth faction) makes it obsolete.

2 Likes

1 Like

They way I understand it, is that you can stack multiple copies of verses and than make more than 1 G-A-P in soulforge. Each one will give you 15 minutes of GAP active. And it stacks.

So f.e. crafting 4 (aka using 16 verses), will give you 1 hour of GAP.

2 Likes

@esslee

At any point, (vault weekend is just easier to find gnomes because of gnome chance rate increase) you need to find and defeat the 4 new gnomes. Each of the 4 new band gnomes only drops their verse. Eg Freddie drops Verse one. The encounter rate for all 4 gnomes appears to be equal.

When you have one of each of the 4 verses you can at any point now or in the future, go to the Soulforge and craft a Gnome-a-Palooza. Immediately on crafting the Gnome-a-Palooza your 15 minute timer starts. It can not be paused or delayed or stored. (sytro is correct in that if you craft multiple Gnome-a-palooza’s in one go eg 4, the Gnome-a-palooza runs for 1 hour instead of 15 mins)

You now have 15 minutes where all 4 troops in all explores, challenges, overworld questlines, pvp, arena and adventure board battles are replaced by any 4 random gnomes from the game (except cedric and obviously pet gnomes can only be found in pvp and arena)

The most beneficial thing to do would be to do lots of fast explore battles for 15 minutes. This means every explore battle you do for the next 15 mins while the Gnome-a-Palooza timer is running will have 4 gnomes in it. You will encounter the new band gnomes during the 15 minutes too so it is very likely you will have more verses to possibly craft another Gnome-a-Palooza after the first one ends.

I hope this helps, if there’s anything you are still unsure of let me know :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Are you excited about the feature? (with apologies if I’m incorrectly remembering you being in the Beta program this time around)
:crossed_fingers: :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? It’s been forever since they told us about the update, I hope it really comes in a few weeks. Like my friend Emhyr var Emreis used to say “Patience is not a virtue I am known to have”. This will be perfect for players like me, that are still in the situation where you need to grind medals and traitstones. I rarely have the motivation to do explores, but no matter the new gnome drop rates, this will make it more intetesting :upside_down_face:

I am. I know it’s not a view everyone supports because some feel its unfair that people will be able to quickly and easily farm large amounts of resources that ordinarily would take a long time or some dedication/ free time sacrifices. My viewpoint is that this is a game that’s fun to enjoy with others. I don’t get any enjoyment from seeing other people struggle to have the things I have worked to get. (eg my world event graphics, I make them so GMs can spend more time playing and less time explaining). If something can be introduced to make aspects of the game less frustrating and more exciting then personally I think that’s great.

This game constantly evolves and the economy changes. I was here playing when you couldn’t change classes more than once a day without costing gems, or when we had to pay gold to do battles but I’m not annoyed that new players don’t have to suffer through that. If this means more players will have dawnbringer quicker or more troops with medals then great.

It’s not often an update comes around like this which actually feels something genuinely nice for the vast majority of the community, no monetisation, no sneaky you can have this but we are reducing this. Are there more important things in the game that need attention… Of course (gws scoring, forge scrolls, translations etc) but a new game mode that is optional and packed with resources is getting the thumbs up from me. It’s peaked my interest, it’s gave me something to look forward to on vault weekends (I’m not much of a hardcore explore farmer so that’s when I’ll probably take part), the music is great, seeing how many resources I gathered in 15 minutes is really exciting.

There’s always going to be different opinions and viewpoints but for my circumstances and free time, I see this an exciting update.

21 Likes