Genuine thoughts on the current state of the game

Look brudda all i am trying to say is that if there is an increase in losses i have yet to see it personally and to say this is no more than a slot machine is in my opinion false. If that is all it was why am i winning all my battles?

We have seen this all before and i know my view will always lose to those who want nerfs… I almost never use famine anymore and i havent used kerby since he got nerfed. When was the last time anyone used the much maligned BD?

These kind of discussions aleays lead to nerfs and i cant see nerfing the only real useful goblin out of existence especially only 4 days after it was released

The 34 out of 36 number is my pvp record this week thus far and those 2 losses were in GW and not against goblins

I get that, and I’m not proposing nerfs (though I haven’t seen the new Goblins yet). People can at least wait until next week to see how bad the problem really is.

Anyway, Ashtender has given me some perspective on this since we got account linking and Lyya put up leaderboards. I have the 4th highest win percentage on the PS4 leaderboard (just over 95%), but I haven’t achieved a single week with a 95% win rate since the last update and rarely have a win streak over 20 anymore. The difference is subtle, but I know I’m on a slow decline in win percentage.

1 Like

It is not about you, it is about lower level players who can win 50% of the time anytime against anything by just mashing the buttons without putting any thought or understanding of mechanics. I think you are misreading, misunderstanding, and trying to misrepresent what I just wrote. :wink:

And I guess, the game goes your way for now, so change in player base is not coming, it is already here.

Wouldnt you say that has to so with GW tho and not PvP? @Stan

I am sorry but how am i misrepresenting what you wrote?

This is pretty unambiguous brudda

Now, now, why don’t you tell us the juicy details about how spiritually enriching and diverse your experience was, how you cleverly used some interesting secret setups and how you can otherwise elevate yourself. No, I’m just trolling, take it easy please, it is a joke. :rofl:

Sorry, I am not your friend or brudda. I don’t even know what that means but i believe this is borderline abusive language. :wink:

1 Like

I think i am done with you and this thread…

If it is abusive language, borderline or not flag it and let @Saltypatra decide

As always, keep it civil everyone. Take personal arguments to PMs if they must be continued. Think of it like dirty laundry, aint no one wanna see what kind of mess you got up too.

7 Likes

@Saltypatra i am glad you are here… Is my use of the word “brudda” abusive in any way?

It’s not that the word is abusive, it could be in the context in the way you say it, or how others may take it.

3 Likes

Whatever… I am done here

Agree with the OP, this game is a casual one because its a 3-match game (like candy Crush), let’s not forget it. If not, it would be a pure niche game for some hardcore gamers nostalgic of PQ. And niche game means generally small community which is not what a company want when you are a F2P game…

That’s an big issue and I think devs should be more active on the balance aspect of their game. Both on the nerfing OP troops/teams or on the boosting old useless troops. They just released a patch so it’s the perfect time to do it now :wink: .

2 Likes

Not sure about everyone else but the goblin team has almost no red day counter, and except the infernus troll elemaugrim team. Since I build mono color teams only it’s disappointing that if my urska wanderer dies, I’m toast. I guess the devs wanted us to be challenged…or driven mad :slight_smile:

I see things got weird while I was driving home from work, but to answer your question: GW only accounts for part of the shift. Even removing GW from my stats, I still haven’t managed the same kind of win rate or streaks as I did before.

1 Like

If Vangor is calling you “Brudda” , it’s a good thing. It means he likes you and is enjoying the conversation. It’s only when he calls you “pimpin” that you have a problem.

3 Likes

I don’t take this as argumentative at all! This is more of a discussion than an argument, and if these are the facts as you see them, I totally respect that.

As mentioned, I really don’t see the drops as the main culprit, it’s just one of a couple things that I’ve noticed as to why I’m not having as much fun with this game as I used to. You don’t have that same feeling and that’s cool!

2 Likes

Noooo! I got my first GoW official reply and it’s to keep the conversation civil! Either way, thanks for the reply Saltypatra, at least I know you guys read this.

If I could keep the conversation focused on one thing, it’s this: Do you have as much fun playing the game since you started playing on the Unity build? I know that console players have had this issue for a very long time so I don’t know if they know the game any other way, but my ultimate thesis is that the loss of agency is leading to an increase of frustration and a decrease in fun overall. I know these are qualitative things that will vary from person to person, but that’s why I would like a wide variety of responses. I’m not averse to losing; I know it will happen. It just doesn’t feel as good psychologically when it does.

3 Likes

Just to chime in, I agree with most of what’s in the OP. And it’s not about winrate, mine is still pretty high this week (149-9). It’s more about the way games “feel”. Whether I win or lose, it no longer feels like I have as much control, partly due to RnG and partly due to the seemingly erratic decisions of the AI. I welcome something more challenging, but at a strategic level, not the way the game feels right now. If all I cared about was winning it wouldn’t matter, but my goal is an enjoyable experience, and I find that significantly diminishing with recent changes.

To the devs credit they listen and have often been very responsive. My concern is that this seems more like a directional shift, and if the corrections are to tweak that new direction rather than to adjust the overall course, I’m not sure that will be sufficient (at least for me).

6 Likes

I’m a mid-level player who enjoys the puzzle aspect of the game. My win rate is crappy, but I’m not in a competitive guild so it doesn’t matter. I enjoy trying to make teams that beat or at least slow down the current favorite teams. I also enjoy the traitstone aspect, though I don’t have the attention span to grind for traitstones regularly. I’m always on the fence about forking over money because I do find the cascades to favor the AI a lot more than the player. I enjoy the games when it seems like my good (or bad) play matters. I don’t enjoy the games where my team is decimated in one turn, especially when it’s a strong, solid team. I also don’t like the feeling I’m being punished for using a trait I’ve bought. For example for a long time if I used my Siren first turn because she’s empowered, the AI would invariably give me no matches but set up matches of four for the AI’s turn. I just quit using her and was annoyed at buying the trait.

Otherwise I like the daily goals, the treasure maps and the art work. It’s just hard to part with money for a game that so often gives a cascade of pain.

1 Like