Genuine thoughts on the current state of the game

Why do eika and vangor talk the same?

They even both say brudda

Its like its 1 person on 2 accounts

3 Likes

Why are you always so concerned with what i say and/or how i say it? Seems you could focus your energies in a more productive manner.

1 Like

Excellent opening post @dubbubblubblub which matches mostly how I’ve been feeling (though I disagree on GW which just annoys the hell out of me).

Feels like a nice time to drop in my favourite visual aid:

howIfeelaboutRNG

The current state of the game is worse than it was a year ago. While new elements (Guild Wars, Dungeon & Soulforge) were introduced, they were introduced with significant flaws IMHO.

Especially the Dungeon was a huge disappointment to me. Currently it’s noting but 3 easy explore matches, while it would be easy to make it challenging for endgame players but still perfectly doable for new players by just scaling the enemy stats to the players level…

The new RNG with the Unity AI seems even streakier than before. Which works both ways of course. Sometimes it favours the player and sometimes it favours the AI, but the streakiness is excessive and “feels” quite strange.

The gem nerf in the 3.1 update was very disappointing, especially the way it was communicated (horribly! downplaying the nerf saying that we would lose “some gems” while the reality was that we lost 75% of our weekly gems from the guild tasks), and a large part of it was not even communicated at all (complete removal of gems from legendary tasks).

And, finally, the currnet meta is disgusting. Literally every other PVP option I get are 3 goblin teams, where the alternating option is 2 goblin teams and something random (I am actually happy to see Psion/Famine this week :roll_eyes: ). It is just not fun to sit and watch the AI loop for 2 minutes while you’re waiting for another turn. I am completely astounded that the developers thought it would be a good idea to introduce an exploder that generates and extra turn and significantly boosts other troops (Princess Frizz). Somewhere in their development pipeline there has to be a Quality Control person that checks for these ridiculously OP introductions, right? Or at least I hope there will be one from now on, 'cause it doesn’t seem like there is one at the moment… :frowning:

13 Likes

Maybe they did it to demonstrate the cool new feature that lets you retreat while the AI is still looping :joy:

9 Likes

The best advice anyone can give is that if this is how you feel, don’t spend a cent. When (If) the game changes to be more enjoyable, then spend money.

1 Like

I have been playing this game every day for years and I now find myself just not wanting to play anymore. I agree 100% with the OP. I am VIP 7 (almost 8) so I have put some money into this game but that won’t be happening any longer. After this update, I play for a few minutes and get pissed off. I have come close to deleting the game several times. Yesterday I played 2 games of GW and had my team wiped out in 3 turns, both games the same back to back. This game is not fun anymore! If there are not major changes soon, I will move on. I used to play this game for fun and now it’s more aggravation than it’s worth!

5 Likes

Reading this was more enjoyable than the playing the game !! Spot on

6 Likes

Ah, but the week’s snotgem event is to kill goblins, is it not? People put them in PvP defense to help fellow players, eh? To me, having the week’s buffed troops as objects to slaughter is an error in judgment. I could hardly play any [casual] PvP on dwarves week for that reason.

At least Explore is an option for snotgems. Makes PvP (ranked or casual) matches miserable though.

1 Like

too much text

You are correct however i believe you have misidentified the cause.

Lets take a look at the big nerfs and requested nerfs since BD.

Kerby, famine, fizzy, wisp, and psion. All either nerfed or called for nerf.

Now what do all these troops have in common?

Guild. Wars.

When ppl see troops in pvp and lose its irritating to some bit not on the level of GW.

Everyone wants an auto-win in GW so i propose a solution.

Instead of only certain guilds colluding by putting up easy GW defense for each other, how bout we ALL do that? That way everyone gets 30 GW wins per week and nobody gets hurt feelings.

Its win-win

1 Like

Well GWs is even more broken now because due to the lack of Gems, there is a massive mis match in stats.

I am aware that not everyone pumped them before, but most did add a few Gems. Say to lvl 3 or 4

So the top guilds gain more for winning and can afford to pump it again next week and so on and so on.

We need the Gmes back in full and nerf the cost of LTs

It aint rocket science.

1 Like

It’s really the RNG that’s the problem. Players don’t like it unless it’s in their favor. All those troops are designed to take advtange of RNG and the RNG has gotten worse with this update. They need a “RNG fix” update.

3 Likes

OK, @Vangor, but @Darkness referenced PvP specifically; thus, my response to him was on PvP. I do not even bother with GW because it is far from the original Puzzle Quest aspects of this game that attracted me to it in the first place. :disappointed:

This is 100% what I was trying to say, but you said it much more succinctly and in a much better way than I think I did.

I like the devs for the most part too. Their communication is pretty solid on the whole and I feel like they listen to the community where it counts. My goal isn’t to get people to stop spending money, it’s to hopefully help nudge the devs on a different course, one that feels better to the player overall.

I don’t think this is the crux of the issue. This thread isn’t really about nerfing particular troops (though I did point out Fizzbang because she was an obvious outlier on the power scale). As many people have pointed out, it’s not really about win rate or Guild Wars, it’s about how we feel when we lose. I know I’m going to lose. I know I’m going to lose during Guild Wars. It’s HOW we lose that makes it feel so bad.

I honestly don’t really think those troops were nerfed because they were too strong - they were nerfed because it felt bad to get RNG’d to death.

Ultimately people are going to spend more money on games they feel better about, not games the numbers say are balanced.

1 Like

I get that. I was just following the flow of the discussion.

Firstly, believe it or not i get that too.

Secondly, i am going to say any loss should feel bad. That “feel bad” is what motivates someone to try and avoid the next loss. There is always going to be that aspect in a game where victory or defeat are possible outcomes.

This is an RNG game where RNGsus kicks us all in the stones from time to time. To rid the game of RNG would be fundamentally changing GoW to something else.

Sure. You are exactly right. And with every unnecessary (IMHO) nerf i feel worse about this game thus lose more interest in spending real $.

Eventually these constant nerfs WILL drive me to leave GoW permanently (which is motivation for some to want even more nerfs i am sure)

And i know i am not the only one who feels this way

+1 No kidding! :grin:. I had a 98% overall win rate still after playing against this nonsense for a YEAR on console.

A few months ago I switch to a devil-may-care Invade team with Sacrifice to farm Gold like they are going to stop making it. Its fast super and does fail to win occasionally. So my percentage fell to all the way down to 95% (not due to cascades but TEAM SELECTION.

1 Like

I have to agree at the moment it feels like you have broken this game and I am seriously considering quitting as well I too like Dub-bub am an encourager but what do you do when there is no reason to encourage where is the strategy it is now a BORING chore and win rates are so low they are a joke you are supposed to be entertaining us not punishing our loyalty

That’s completely fair and I’m glad you voiced your opinion. So would I be correct in assuming that your biggest concern is avoiding future troop nerfs?

I absolutely believe you’re representative of a not-insignificant portion of the population. I know we can’t make everyone happy, but being inclusive as possible should always be a goal when trying to steer a ship.

1 Like

The issues with the game are way past just troop balance issues, so for me it’s the lack of fun with all the recent changes that will drive me away. Hopefully Sirrian’s announced changes will be soon and significant…

1 Like