Gems of Streaming

Can’t access my account.

What time does the patch preview start tonight?

1 Like

No patch preview tonight, just the faction.

3 Likes

What time the stream is at? Isnt the daylight saving time in use at the US now?

Also, could we get the stream times in some usable, unchancable time like UTC?

Or X hours before daily reset (since daily reset is consistent all year while other country times may change their time. ). That’s the “life hack” I use rather than deal with DST every time a different country starts observing or ends it.

For instance if Salty always did her stream 6 hours prior to reset then her Stream would be at 7 pm CST for half the year and 8 PM CST for the other half. But for her, always at the same time. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

I work across time zones with Australians, and they will quote AEST any time of year, even though they go through AEDT (daylight) and AEST. Apparently, this extends to PST and PDT as well, because not every knows PST actually means Pacific Standard Time (non-daylight savings), and there exists PDT. “PST” just means “time somewhere in the US”.

Another way to put it is “6:30 PT”, but 3 letter acronyms are 50% less ambiguous than 2-letter acronyms, so there is some psychological fear in shortening it…

Sorry, should read PDT. I do streams in the American timezones as that’s where we have tje most players and viewers.

2 Likes

Is there a stream today? Not sure if it’s a holiday in Australia or not.

1 Like

According to the devs unofficial Myspace account. Not a real thing btw
Lycanthropy was cast on Saltys stream and therefore there’s only a 15% chance of it happening tonight.

Given all the issues currently happening with the game. I’d be honestly impressed if she decided to still stream tonight if today is a scheduled work day.

I will be streaming today! First day back after Easter, just a chill stream.

2 Likes

20 minutes past start time. Is it cancelled?

Yeah just this once! I always forget about daylight savings. Let’s do 7 30 today and then go back to 6 30 from next stream.

Unfortunate since many of have been waiting now for a half hour. Usually the stream dates are posted ahead of time but wasn’t today so we assumed the usual 6:30 PDT.

Updates streaming schedule. I’ll be live 7 30 PDT today due to my mistake with time zones. The schedule wasn’t updated due to holidays, and then my error with daylight savings changing over. The stream is intended to stay at 6 30 PM PDT.

Also, heads up that there is a break on streams until the 26th.

1 Like

As promised, chair scene shared on forums without context. Much thanks to @Cooookie. Twitch

Also of potential interest to the forums, is that Salty is tentatively (subject to timing changes) hosting a dev Q&A on the 28th (US) / 29th (AUS) of April, during what would be the regularly scheduled PQ stream for the week.

Talking points for the stream should be announced around the time of the Hell Gate faction preview stream, assuming the dev Q&A stream is not pushed back.

6 Likes

Our new streaming schedule is here!

6 Likes

Quick update

3 Likes

5.5 Preview Stream Summary
May 3, 2021

Heroic Gems

• New gameplay system being added to the game.
  • Heroic gems are a new type of gem that can be coded with multiple special effects.
  • Heroic gems can be coded and changed to match specific themes, such as Campaigns.
  • Multiple heroic gem types can be in play at the same time.
  • The only Heroic Gem that will be in play at 5.5 launch is Uber Doomskulls .
  • Lycanthropy Heroic Gems will be featured in Campaign 5.
  • When a Heroic Gem type is activated for an event/campaign, they will appear in all game modes (Yes, this includes Guild Wars; devs consider this to be fair as all guild equally experience Uber Doomskulls during Guild Wars).
  • Heroic Gem natural spawn rates can (and will be) manually adjustable by the devs (the 1/20 previously announced rate is inaccurate).

Uber Doomskulls

• Is a Heroic Gem type.
  • Will not always be active in every event. (can be toggled on/off by devs)
  • +10 damage per doomskull.
  • Explodes a 5 by 5 cross shape when matched.

• Salty teases potential future troops that create these.

Campaign Task Rerolls

*A Campaign Task can be rerolled once.
*There is NO COST for rerolling a task.
*Stars are NOT lost when rerolling a task.
*Rerolled task may be harder or easier (if harder, may be slightly longer to complete as a consequence of rerolling); tied to difficulty level of the Campaign week.
*Rerolled task may be of a type that are generally not in a given difficulty tier (such as color slayer tasks as Gold tasks).

General Bug Fixes

*Improved Elite+ Tier rewards past 1,000 stars in a Campaign (not shown on stream).

*Lycanthropy/Deathmark bug has been fixed.

As the Lycanthropy bug is fixed, Lycanthropy will be added back onto Essence of Evil when 5.5 launches.

Misc

• There was a long discussion and theorycrafting with Salty and Ozball about how ways a tribute timer could technically be added into the game, but ultimately settle on a long-term broad solution being not feasible (no matter the solution, there are significant issues with that solution and a significant portion of the player base would dislike the implementation). Mobile notifications are as good as it is going to get on this.

• Medals and linking to individual teams were brought up again and were discussed. The current implementation of medals in the game does not allow this. The entire medal system would need to be reworked to enable individual team linking. This would be a major undertaking, and therefore not going to happen until the medal system undergoes a major rework to warrant the significant amount of development time needed for this. Do not expect this rework (if it happens at all, ever) to happen for a very long time.

• No plans to upgrade Medals of Aranea in the near to mid-term future.

• There was a discussion about Guild Leaderboards, led by @NerdieBirdie . Please see their post below this one for a summary of the discussion. Salty is open to the idea.

20 Likes