Gems of Streaming

I faced a Lapina Warrior in my last arena run for the campaign and lost a battle because of it. I wasn’t paying much attention to the enemy troops, and it ended up killing my top 2 troops and things went downhill from there. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I guess I just assume that after a month the most selected troops will be weighted and I’ll never see them again. I don’t feel like I’m jaded, but I’m definitely Gemded after 4 years. :grinning:

Assuming this update drops in the next nine weeks I have a bad feeling, nay, a premonition, that this update will break the current campaign arena tasks for anyone who hasn’t completed them when this drops.

Not necessarily. I believe that campaign tasks that require mode completion (ie. Adventure Board, Arena, etc) only look at the final battle (probably some kind of flag). The switch from 8 to 6 arena battles shouldn’t matter if they didn’t touch the code for the last battle.

Just want to say, I never said the Valor requirements was 50 in the beta.

I said the system was in beta.

I used the number 50 cause it was round and basically the same amount as an arena full win. That was it, nothing else to that number.

NEW ARENA! NOW 100% HERO FREE…

Did you want to earn ZERO experience while you play for both any of your classes AND your hero? Oh boy, sign right up!

This is like doing Treasure Maps except instead of Gems and Gem Keys we get Trophies and… wait, gold, souls, and glory keys? Jesus christ… it’s WORSE rewards. Why on EARTH would I do this over PvP/Explore?

Edit: I forgot the VERY enticing offer for completing Arena runs

If you play Arena mode, we’ll allow you to buy stuff from us!

6 Likes

For shards, writs and orbs during Arena event. At least the first couple cycles of rewards if there is an active discouragement to further participate. If there isn’t, then many more reward cycles. In any case, if you feel you’ve done what you want to achieve during the weekend event, then leave it and play what you enjoy while others can continue to enjoy the event.

For those who haven’t maxed all kingdoms, 3 times a day (9 minutes per run?) to generate 3 daily offers.

Arena Weekend Event is not a mutually exclusive thing from Arena overhaul. They made Arena worse than it already is with the guise being “Occasionally you’ll want to play this non-stop on a weekend.”

4 Likes

As if they would ever have an event without sigils… Then to believe they will hand out loads of deeds, shards and orbs just for playing…

Some of you are living in a fantasy world.

Vault weekend. *cough*
Battlecrashers (light) *cough*

Those are hardly events. You could get technical, but lets face it those are more fluff than events.

YOU wouldn’t. But a new player, who gets destroyed in PvP and doesn’t have all kingdoms unlocked and all options available to them might certainly play this.

Arena is the first mini game unlocked, you only need Broken Spire to access it. It will not be played by end gamers who can earn substantially more playing other game modes, it will be played by those who don’t have those options.

1 Like

But the Silver task this week was “win 8 battles in a single arena run” that wording (and flagging) would have to be amended with the new system.

Wording may change, but doesn’t even have to (at the risk of looking wrong). Flagging doesn’t need an update. Technically, the check for “arena run” campaign tasks has always been “win last battle”. You can do an arena run during a weekend and leave it at 7 battles to prepare for any such task the next week. Win just the last battle and it gets completed.

Same as preparing completed delves at above level 120. For delve tasks, you can even complete the last battle, just don’t open the chest until the campaign task shows up. ** Unless and until fixed.

VIP 4 gets one free win on each run so I really think they may as well introduce potions. Going with their take on events it makes sense, also it would be another low effort copy+paste code to simply put a shop in the event…

No hero XP → arena event ditched. And arena mode continuing to be ditched, unless forced upon by challenges.

Simple fix: instead of restricting more and more, unlock everything. Countless possibilities. Allow the usage of traits and classes. Unlock them all for all players to maintain the fair spirit of the mode. If you must (but at this point it’s probably not needed anymore), ban some weapons or even better allow only the usage of Epic and lower weapons (they will finally see some play as well). Gained class XP could still accumulate even if you haven’t unlocked the chosen class, or be lost, your choice.

1 Like

I think it is a good news for the ones who really like Arena. Hero’s weapons were too powerful, etc.
Arena is a different mode than other ones: one :poop: troop can be great in this mode. And so you have to test and play with troops that you will never play in PVP.

Now the bad points:

• this patch should have been 2 years ago and can be resume to Hero → Epic troop
  • the rewards have been nerfed (less souls, less glory keys, less battle rewards (because fights are longer))
3 Likes

Arena is even worse for a new player. I’m level 1500. Leveling up means nothing to me. For a new player, leveling up means everything when you’re still gaining stats and mastery hasn’t entered absolute diminishing returns valley. And they aren’t leveling up their classes either.

2 Likes

My Arena special offer, I think I’ll pass:

3 Likes

My three offers: