Gems of Streaming

Shorter version of Grundulum’s post and a disappointing realization:

It’s a new word for “Potions”.

• Shop-only
  • Lasts 1 event
  • Confers a stat boost required to finish the event
2 Likes

The Event Medals “transform” into another type of medal at the end of an event tho, while potions just disappear. Allegedly.

1 Like

That is a tiny difference, but unless it turns out to be as strong as the initial potion, it’s potions. You could argue my potions “transform” into Chaos Orbs at the end of the event, or if I bought 50 Tier VIIs my stat potions “transform” into an Orb of Power. But sure, I bet by 5.0:

• Required to collect for Kingdom Power.

Still a potion, it just says, “You get more rewards if you buy shop tiers.” I guess that’s new.

Don’t get me wrong, it sounds neat, I just noticed it seems like an iteration on potions.

(To be fair, after coffee settled more, “iteration on potions” isn’t inherently a bad thing.)

1 Like

I rather see it the other way around, a way to buy epic medals with gems to upgrade your troops. You even get an event boost as side effect if you care to participate. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I thought this as well, initially, but

I didn’t watch the stream, though, maybe there are a few Medals in the earlier Shop Tiers.

I think it’s 3 epic medals total for all rewards and shop tiers 1-6, but I’d have to double check. Any additional medals cost 9x500 gem tier 7 purchases.

At least for the event they were previewing. Rewards may vary between weeks.

Edit: But 3 epic medals per event week is nothing to sneeze at. That’s a lot of explore you don’t have to do.

4 Likes

And trolling Kafka is what I do in chat.
By the way, which is worse? a Salty without coffee for a week or a Kafka without sleep for a week?

Anyone without sleep for a week :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Source: I have kids.

1 Like

It still is rather expensive if you have to buy up to tier 6. I don’t think Epic medals are all that amazing. Maybe if it was Legendary or Mythic

2 Likes

Well the patch notes confirms also “medals replace the event troop” so now I don’t know how to evaluate it. I was cynical at first, but now the situation’s so weird I just don’t want to form an opinion until I’ve played an event or two.

The best response to new things is to give them a try, unless they are diseases.

Hey team, sorry for the late notice, but I won’t be streaming Puzzle Quest today. See you next week!

1 Like

So, any polls for “Do we like the changes to Sunspear Class” will have to wait until next week’s stream. Got it.

1 Like

Gotta wonder whether the playerbase was also part of the ‘team’ when the Sunspear class was nerfed with the excuse that its Talent and Trait were ‘too similar’.
:thinking: :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Hopefully the stream wasn’t cancelled for the same reason as the other time: death threats, rude messages, etc.

1 Like

Oh it’s basically a staple of patches now. Since the last 3 all come with more “bad news” (I honestly don’t care about Sunspear) than good news.
People lash out… and punks threaten women… because that’s what punk asses do.

1 Like

Hope you are well. See you next week)

Looks like people can’t stop discussing GoW in a PQ stream.

So basically…

Salty didn’t want to endure all the blowback from the change when they were actively in discussions to change it back.
Which makes total sense. I commend her for canceling the stream. Rather than tell folks they are working on it which could give possibly false hope. Since I doubt a solution was made by then.

8 Likes

I suppose they will be 16th March and 23rd March respectively. In waiting for Dev Q&A stream…