Gems of Streaming

Tokens will convert as well. Confirmed.

3 Likes

They convert 1 to 1 to tokens/badges/medals of Seasons at the end of each event and auto-combine, if needed.

EDIT: What @awryan said.

2 Likes

That’s true. There’s still almost a year and half of factions yet to go.

1 Like

Cool, thanks. For anyone wondering, a tier 7 shop purchase comes with one token for 500 gems, so this isn’t an effective way to buy endless medal upgrades for troops. Which is very good design.

1 Like

Plus I think it’s safe to assume that from power level 19-20. There will be definitely an intended road block.

Same cost of getting Doom troops. Lol
But basically going to cause the leaderboards to inflate even more in price.

Tier 7 is for chasing the leaderboard rewards.

With scaling enemies and boss encounters, eventually what seperates the top of the leaderboard from everyone else is going to be a combination of stats and probably Epic/Mythic boosting. One important point to note is the the event medals do not boost stats, only damage. At some point, the raw damage from very high level encounters is going to greatly hinder progression for players that don’t have high stat totals.

Which means a high number of “boss Traits” will be entangle, stealth, Dodge, and spell/skull damage reduction to compensate for the illusion of power.

Cons about 4.8
Weapon restrictions during the worldly events
Zero consistent Level ranges for enemy AI.

Why is level 500 Zuul’Goth not an issue?
Godslayers and Armor stripping weapons.

I think I’m lucky enough to have one of each color. 80% of players do not.

Weapon restrictions only work in GW because we are facing level 20 (Max) opponents.
Tower of Doom only works because of boons and zero weapon restrictions.

So if they are dead set on weapon restrictions. Then I think the fairest cap would be level 150 for the AI.

4 Likes

Yup.

In beta, the general theme after the initial 10-15 matches was a steadily rising level curve,. In the two events we tested, they each had different scaling mechanisms. So, I suppose that’s something the devs can now control on a per-event basis.

You and I both know that this won’t happen because it’s all about the monetization of those Tier 7 purchases; same logic as the current delve situation with faction team level 500 runs. That said, Tier 7s shouldn’t ever be needed for a guild to earn all the weekly rewards.

Also worth noting, based on how the beta worked, is that equipping two event medals did not double their damage boost—you only got the effect of one medal, whether you had one or two equipped. So buying Tier VII nine times “only” gives you +63 to all stats, not the additional damage bonus associated with a second event medal.

1 Like

Nothing at all, not even for Tuesday event? Will there be any change in the future?

1 Like

I thought it was explicitly stated that they do stack, otherwise what is the point in buying multiple?

2 Likes

They said they stack. :man_shrugging:
So you should let them know that they aren’t working correctly on the beta.

1 Like

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I posted exactly how they worked in the beta subforum. Never got confirmation that they were or weren’t supposed to stack, so there was never an indication that they might be broken. I also didn’t test them with later versions of the beta, since why recheck something that wasn’t broken in the first place?

2 Likes

I mean, they’re obviously intended to stack. The tier 6 shop purchase says

“Get enough Event Tokens for a second Medal. You can equip up to 3 Medals for bigger bonuses.”

This seems like a huge issue; if they don’t stack, the shop description is incorrect, and people WILL spend gems for increased damage multipliers that don’t work and will demand refunds.

Hopefully it’s fixed on launch.

Edit: It would also be good to get confirmation that they stack additively. I think everything else in the game does, but you never know.

1 Like

The mana medal is one that doesn’t stack.

One thing I wonder about is when the new system starts will there still be a way to get forge scrolls to finish off the doomed weapons.

I assume, and this is just my personal view mind you, that the same thing as Raid and Invasion will happen for dooms.

When the new lot of doom weapons comes out and are all out, it will switch to weekend events and let the old 1s appear, same as the plan for Invasion now, and Raid when its released their troops to full too.

since the board had the st. patty’s day skulls it’s a safe bet to say the update will drop sometime during the st Patricks day event but again that’s if all goes smoothly and the only evidence to back this claim up is the st patty’s day board theme so my guess is it’s going to drop between march 14th and march 20’th

I think the skulls were due to them changing the game date - they had to travel to the future, where the new event was active so they could show it off.
Though, the event is due to start after guild wars, so it has to be this week or the next.

Also worth noting that Salty said at the start of the stream that the version being shown wasn’t the final version of the new event mode. This was easily proven, as Boss Traits were not a thing in the slice of the update that we tested.

It’s quite possible that the devs haven’t made a final decision on the matter yet, as it looks like they are working on tweaks to it up until the actual launch of the event.

2 Likes