Gems of Streaming

The weeks got flipped flopped… But basically.
awRIGHT. :wink::man_shrugging:

Another good drinking game would be to take a drink any time those delve troops don’t do what you want them to.

That last delves team was: a fun way to spend a weekend OR sadistic torture in a demented dimension OR a bad joke about random chaos.

I’m crossing my fingers for “fun way to spend a weekend.” Nope, this delve the AI picked “sadistic torture in a demented dimension.”

I’m thankful that’s over.

4.8 update hype

Excited for the preview of 4.8

Today is the day!

2 Likes

will we finally know what the “events” will be

Getting set up at the moment.

My main laptop is doing a “wonderful” Windows 10 update that is at 25% after THREE hours. GRRRR…

Fortunately, Lyranica is lending me her laptop to take the stream notes, so I’ll be up and running in 2 or 3 more minutes.

1 Like

4.8 Stream Preview Notes

*** Stream has ended. Please feel free to post corrections to errors and I will update this post. Thank you!

– New Event System

New event system is being implemented to replace old events over time. Will eventually replace most weekly event game modes (NOT Guild Wars) as these event types will be retired. Events follow a dynamic system that allow the devs to craft each event as they see fit. (THINK: the old Weekly Events returning in an updated format).

Will replace Invasions in 4.8. Eventually, Raid Boss (when all Godslayers are released) and Tower of Doom (when all Doomed weapons have been released) will be retired and moved to weekends. Rewards on weekend events will be adjusted to reflect that these events are 3 days in length instead of 7. Retired events will have re-runs every 5-6 weeks on average on weekends.

Lore is returning to weekly events (under the new system only).

Events listed on Guild screen now posted in chronological order, top to bottom.

New events feature event medals instead of weekly troops or weapons. Old event weapons from retired event types can appear in the new event shop to act as a second chance to acquire them. Devs reserve the right to add new weapons/troops to new events in the future, as they see fit.

Scoring mechanisms for events will change with each event to keep these events from becoming stale (collectables, points, and other methods…)

Some events will be guild-based, some will be based on individual performances.

Event medals obtainable via progess rewards and event shop tiers. Boots skull damage, spell damage, or both. These medals do NOT function outside of the weekly event where they are purchased.

When event ends, event medals convert to Medal of Seasons (new Epic medal - 4 Attack, 4 Life, 4 Armor). This medal cannot be earned in Explore mode.

If an event has “kill X troop type” as a scoring mechanism, a counter will appear on top of the screen (replaces treasure map counter).

Matches take place on a new screen overlaid on the world map.

Enemy encounters are generated via the team generator.

Color of event encounter = max troop rarity in match (ex: purple = epic, orange = legendary, cyan = mythic)

Bosses can have special Boss Traits to give troops special effects that those troops do not normally possess. They may also have special variants of their spells. Expect more Boss Traits and spell buffs as encounter level increases. Boss Traits CAN be temporarily disabled via stun. Bosses do NOT have the Boss troop role.

To see these Boss Traits and spell buffs, players need to click/tap on these units to see them on their card.

– New Event Restrictions

New Event restriction: troop role.

Multiple restrictions can apply at the same time in the same event.

The Hero(ine) will be bound to event restrictions, such as colors for weapon choices. No class restrictions. Does NOT apply to older modes, such as Delves, Raid Mode, etc.

– Medal System Changes–

Medal graphics have been redesigned on a revamped token/badge/medal page.

Medal of Cedric will be renamed Medal of Orpheus. No change in medal effect.

There are 3 distinct medal loadouts that can be selected.

Medals loadouts will need to be changed on the World Map still. Attaching medal loadouts specifically to teams was deemed unworkable by the time 4.8 needed to launch. The devs are still working on the issue for a future update.

If a player has event medals that are not equipped when entering an event match, the game will prompt to equip the medal.

– Bug Fixes

The bug with Infernus’s casting has been fixed.
An issue was fixed with Queen Moonclaw’s spell.

– QoL/Other

Players are warned when attempting to craft a Legendary/Mythic is the Soulforge when they already have that unit.

No changes to the Delve system in 4.8.

Treasure Map “revamp” still scheduled (subject to change) for second half of 2020.

PvP “revamp” scheduled (subject to change) for second half of 2020.

38 Likes

Has it started? I’m not seeing anything on Twitch besides old broadcasts.

The stream hasn’t started yet.

EDIT: Now it has.

1 Like

I’m loving all the new things they are adding on the next update. Thank you for all the hard work that you all are doing to make the game better. Keep up the amazing work.

1 Like

Thank you @Lyrian.

3 Likes

They will have weapons as well. But not always new ones.

2 Likes

No new troops in weekly events sure will put the brakes on kingdom progression.

2 Likes

Boss Traits, not to be confused with Traits of Bosses. Will apply to certain troops during the world events. So players are urged to check the traits like you would the delve traits prior to a match.

Merged a few line items to make this point more clearly. Thanks for the call out on that.

Excellent point. Added.

1 Like

Based on the current schedule, we will just be down 1 troop per month.
So currently like 10? Are released monthly, and it’ll be 9 after 4.8 since no new Invasion or worldly event troops.

1 Like

Siegebreakers are done.
Godslayers have like 4 or so left to go now?

Eventually, they’ll be just the 4 weekly troops + 1 legendary + 1 mythic per month + 1 bounty troop. Unless a new source of troops gets added in some future update.

At some point in the very long run, though, this new weekly event system will replace all the weekly events except for Guild Wars, as they all move into a longer weekend rotation with Bounties, Vault weekends, cosmetic pet weekends, and whatever else the devs want to throw in there.

2 Likes

Was it revealed whether the event tokens and badges would convert to tokens and badges of seasons, or just the completed medals? I’m working my way through the stream right now, but don’t have time to watch it all.

Unless I miscounted, buying tier 6 and collecting all rewards from the event on stream would give 19 tokens (2 medals, 1 token). Obviously this could change between events.

Thanks for the summary as usual!

Right. But that’s down the road, not with 4.8
Oh and you forgot 4 faction troops for at least another year.

1 Like