Gems of Streaming

Thanks for the catch. Two independent 10% chances are definitely not 20%.

I seriously need to stop increasing the complexity of my stream note recaps, for sanityā€™s sake.

Probably never going to happen, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I am not sure but I understood that they want a 40% with 3 medals (or only one medal but 40%).

Now we have a 10% stackable for a total of 27%.

So no the nerfed version is not stronger than the original design.

My biggest issue with Pure Faction teams is that none of the changes made to factions so far have improved just Pure Faction teams. Theyā€™ve all made delves easier for every team. That feels like fixing the wrong problem.

5 Likes

Ok, I rewatched that section of the video. Sirrian talks about the original design to be a 20% boost to whatever that roundā€™s chances of cleansing was 12% on turn 1, 24% on turn 2, 36% on turn 3, and so on. The way the engineering team coded the medal to work, didnā€™t function like that. So, he implies that the nerfed 10% rate using the unintended functionality design of the medal brings it in line with their expectations, but perhaps slightly stronger than originally designed. Taking their words at face value, though.

1 Like

Indeed, her commitment to the game and players during her free time is exemplary.

:relaxed::vulcan_salute:

That, and not being able to tie hero skills to a team is still the biggest design flaw in team building.

5 Likes

We get a 4.6.5 AND 4.6.X (x was allways a 5 :thinking:) this year ?
The last three lines are a part of 4.6.X?

Interesting and also just shows how many ā€œdeadā€ accounts and guilds there are.

26 x 7 = 182 battles per week ā€œaverageā€

Out of easily 300-400 battles available, without even counting raid/invasion/TOD/Bounty events or spending any gems on Tuesday faction assault or Thursday class trial, just playing free sigilsā€¦ also without counting any explore battles or PVP beyond minimum to reach tier 1.

Weekly battles:
PVP to tier 1: 20-25ish
Daily dungeons: 7x3=21
Daily delves: 8(or 9)x3x7= 168-189
Adventure board: 3-10 x 7= 21-70 (if people do at least one task each day)
Weds pet rescue: 8
Tuesday faction assault: free sigils usually go to lvl 80, so 8(or 9) x 7 = 56-63
Thursday class event, free sigils usually clears 20 battles

Thatā€™s between 314 - 396 battles, again, WITHOUT counting any of the weekly events at all, or spending any gems on sigils in any of the daily events.

Adding weekly events in, even without spending any gems and doing only the free sigils, would be another 50+ battles. Adding in a few explore runs and any non-essential PVP makes the numbers even higher.

Also interesting the minimum adventure board reward of 20 gems for killing 100 enemies will require approx 25 battles to reach daily, yet 26 per day is considered ā€œhighā€

Must be a whole lot of people out there doing zero battles to average it out.

6 Likes

The difference a single line break makes in discourse formatting, bleh.

During the stream, Sirrian stated that because of the holidays, the Q4 updates would be two small ones, timed around the ending of seasonal events as an industry best practice.

4.6.5 gets rid of the Halloween theme in the game, and adds the Holiday theme.
4.6.X (whatever number X is going to be arbitrary) gets rid of the Hoilday theme and reverts the game back to its normal theme.

4.7, as the Q1 2020 update will be the next full major update.

Or, thereā€™s a ton of casual or newer players (or both) that canā€™t or donā€™t clear all of the daily content. How many newer accounts can actually clear a full pet rescue? How many even have the Underworld unlocked to do the Tuesday faction event? And so on.

Try this, for this weekā€™s event, if you havenā€™t already cleared up to a high rank in the Invasion event. Every couple of fights, go check your score and ranking on the event leaderboard. Watch how fast you will jump up to the Top 50%, 30%, 20%, or 10%. Youā€™ll hit these ranking milestones surprisingly much faster than you think.

2 Likes

We have the King Bloodwood mythic preview stream today!!!1

2 Likes

Iā€™d be more excited and less drunk if you started these streams an hour earlier than you normally do.

Yep, I agree, I look every week and am always amazed at how high I get vs. how relatively little I try. Iā€™m not a min-maxer and I donā€™t clear everything every day. I am high-level by default after about 2.5 years so Iā€™ve got stat bonuses, but I donā€™t have all troops, nowhere close to zuul, donā€™t even have all my troops fully traited. Not in a high top tier guild. But to your point, for example, the first several iterations of ToD, it seemed guilds could get on the top 100 leaderboard on pc/mobile without even finishing all the reward tiers. So to me itā€™s interesting that thereā€™s so much effort spent to develop all this new high level stuff that they know based on data that a majority of players either 1) canā€™t meaningfully interact with for the reasons you describe, or 2) just wonā€™t.

Also thanks for your summaries theyā€™re amazing for those of us who didnā€™t watch the streams :blush: :+1:

1 Like

Watch @Saltypatra live right now on Twitch showing off the upcoming Mythic - King Bloodwood! Command your Family and Peasants to join in to to share in the spoils of codes and more!

1 Like

That guy is gonna have an stroke. But I do understand what he is saying to a degree.

@Chad_Mabslayer Iā€™m removing your post because itā€™s inflammatory and abusive towards the person in question.

Beyond violating community guidelines, it makes me worried for the streamer in questionā€™s safety, as well as the safety and mental health of the person who recorded the video.

8 Likes

Hello team! Today is our Halloween stream!!! It will be PQ related, but Iā€™m in a costume, and we will have some different codes. Please join us!

I have an exclusive Halloween codeā€¦

I think it is a bad idea for devs to change GW based off a forum thread that cited polls and other forum threads from Jul 2017. Back then GW was the only event in town, so votes/data are skewed.

I donā€™t know for certain how this proposed change will affect bracketology, but it seems to me itā€™ll allow dead and dying guilds to linger longer in brackets more deserving of better competition.

There is a LOT of information in forums. I only finished the Delve topic this week, and started this one today. And had I been aware of other GW threads, I would have better articulated my opposition to the OP of the aforementioned closed thread.

Instead, I must rely on a mis-quote from Colonel Nathan R. Jessup: ā€œI hope you are happy, OP. All you did was weaken a competitionā€.

If the vocal minority is all it takes to effect change, then I got a guild of 30 players who demand an Orc class, and we fixin to get loud. Nah, in reality, itā€™s just me. Raging. At dead GW brackets, at the preponderance of Elven classes, at the lack of guild banks, at the inability to speed read thru forumsā€¦

For the Horde.

1 Like

Stream is back today, adventurers!

Iā€™ll be previewing the Mirrored Halls, itā€™s troops and Delve layout. It is also my birthday stream! Join me for chats, cake and gem matching.

2 Likes