Gems of Streaming

It took less than 6 hours for Salty to go from:

“We understand you don’t like P2W, that’s why we aren’t ever going to sell deeds. Watch my stream now that you’re happy!”

To:

“They won’t be in the shop at this time, but that doesn’t mean we won’t sell them in the future.”

I’ve seen where this goes almost every day since 2016. They’re going to be for sale frequently. People who buy them more often will be appointed to cabinet positions.

AWR, if you were looking for why people speculate wildly until all information is known: THIS is why. We’re used to our most cynical fantasies becoming a reality.

Also this is why I support information getting out earlier: now people can decide how they like the sound of their kingdom progression being tied to the same logic that determines their Adventure Board. Meanwhile whales will get ahead. Sure, it’ll be slow. It’s going to feel bad when you start facing people with +3 magic if it’s only been possible for an F2P player to have +1.

I think the best time to get ugly about things like this are before they release when the most can be done about it. Post-release your best move is to take at least a small vacation from the game. En masse. Metrics are king and it’d be DEVASTATING to the game’s appearance if top guilds actually participated in a walkout.

But the devs know players won’t do that. They’ve constructed a system that’d make it very difficult to regain the ranks lost. They know players know it, and they know the ranks are valuable to the top players. It’s an abusive relationship.

4 Likes