Gems of Farmville

Nice tweak. The only thing DB is in there for really is to feed Alchemist, board change up if it needs it and to keep the four red troop team. So you would lose the +25 mastery bonus but Banshee would work very nicely.

Best cheap deck ever is :
Green Slime
Alchemist
Valkyrie
Banshee

If you miss any of these, that would be Green Slime. Though he is a very nice addition, he is absolutely NOT needed (and that’s one of the best feature of this deck since it can still run when crippled by one unit).

You can replace Green Slime with any unit that fit these conditions :

• DO NOT use Red / Brown / Yellow mana colors (that would weaken the combo)
  • Preferably uses blue mana
  • Preferably has a spell that gives you an extra turn
  • Preferably has high stats
  • Preferably has the necromancy traits (but too few units have it at the moment)

Sadly, few units can give you an extra turn and use blue mana (I count only 1 that gives an extra turn : Sphinx ; 3 that change colors : Green Slime, Templar & Anointed One, others are unreliable).
So my best shot would be to use Boar Rider as first troop. It helps have better board control and se stuff in place for your combo. Sphinx can also be used but it’s spell can help you as well as it can just mess with your board, but that’s your call.

So, here goes;

High end farm deck :
Divinion Banner (+1 yellow ; +1 purple)
Templar (can be replaced by anything not using yellow / red mana)
Green Slime (cant be replaced)
Valkyrie (can’t be replaced)
Keeper Of Souls (replaceable by Bone Dragon or even skeleton)

Low level farm deck :
Green Slime (replaceable by Boar Rider, Sphinx, Satyr, Skeleton, Thrall)
Alchemist (can’t be replaced)
Valkyrie (can’t be replaced)
Banshee (can’t be replaced)

I think you forget one point in your advice for the first troop:

• Preferably can boost his attack
    This point is very important if you want to play in W1+. And also to go faster ;-).
    If you kill faster, it can also save your day. For example, a Bone Dragon in the third position just fill his mana, you may be able to kill thanks to high attack 1st troop and Keeper. But with low attack, it may be impossible.

Why nobody like Treant? He’s perfect for this setup:

• Blue/Green troop
  • Boost attack AND armor
  • Have two tanky traits (+1 life for each extra turn + divide skull damage by 2)
  • Can create extra turn (very rare but he can)

Templar seems to me too weak in terms of attack… Your fights must be very long, no?

It has been many months since I’ve been active. But before I left i was already tinkering with Valkyrie of course.

Thus far I’ve come up with for plainly Souls farming.
Templar
Brian the Lucky
Valkyrie
Carnex

It will probably change in time. But what this does :

• Templar for defence, dragging out the fights to farm with valkyrie
  • Brian the lucky. Unfortunately i only have him at 3 magic. Boosts stats randomly which all 3 benefit from. (aiming for magic for Valkyrie and hp and armor are always welcome!
  • Valkyrie , so far got her at 10 souls per attack.
  • Carnex , perhaps it looks like a strange choice for dragging out farming. But in a pinch he’s awesome, and boardwipres for quick mana generation.

This team can “easily” get about 70 armor, and once Valkyrie is at 10 souls per skills, who cares about brian and templar? Carnex finishes the job in the end :slight_smile:

Suggestions welcome :slight_smile: I’ll be farming in the meantime XD

Your fights must be very long, no?

Absolutely not.
Might be because I have all kingdoms to level 10, but my Templar packs enough strength (16 attack) to one shot almost anyone whenever I cast Keeper Of Soul’s spell. Well, Agile / Stoneskin sometimes do resist the first KoS spell, but never a second one, and since I chain my spells so easily, the fight is actually quite short.

Any else notice a severe drop in Arcane stones from challenges? Before I was getting one every 20 matches or so and now I have not gotten a single one in over 100.

I noticed the same thing. Been farming for 3 days but…

Just to be clear, the topic was farming gold and souls, not traitstones.
Let’s go ahead and talk about that again and again and again in the
topic it belongs in.

=> Traitstone Drop-rates - #68 by Tarnesh

with dragon armour and no soul bonus from vip at wl1 i get 80 max. I thought each difficulty gave 10 extra and the same for vip 4/8? so surprised you get more than 110. Guess I calculate it poorly.

With no multiplier, you are capped at 40.
VIP10 brings +100% (+40)
Dragon armor, +50% (+20)
Warlord 2, +75% (+30)

Total : 130

1 Like

ah i missed the final vip bonus, woops

1 Like

So the necromancy trait only makes you reach the cap faster?

Yes

(Blah blah)

Lacking KoS or Abh I’m using: Skeleton - Alchemist - Valk - Sunweaver.

Sunweaver in back enables me to win consistently on Warlord I. Her +6 mana is also great for restarting the loop.

Tried Slime in front but decided it was too random. Used to use Boar Rider in front and he’s good utility + direct damage, but Skeleton is much faster and helps me pull out wins against heavy-duty defense teams.

Try a traited Treant up front … fills on Valkyries blue (and spill still goes to Sunweaver), wipes the board of browns, gains attack and armor fast and is effective against True Shot teams due to Stoneskin !!

Oh I definitely have my eye on Treant. Not enough traitstones to even unlock the first trait tho. :frowning:

We haven’t touch any numbers there.

Thanks! Lady Luck must just be down on me right now.

After spending some time farming souls and traitstones, I tried going back to PVP to earn gold…

My god, I can’t stand it any more! Farming is strategy, building a good team, being efficient so you can do higher difficulty while still winning and getting enough casts to max souls… PVP is pure luck, no strategy at all. Oh, bad luck, that 20 attack true shotter just killed off your first two troops on their first turn, try again. Oh you got a full mythic traited opponent with 40+ life on each troop, tough break. Oooh, this time it is just a peasant, grats on your 1200 gold.

Out of about 20 fights, maybe 2 were interesting. 4 were single peasant fights. The other 14 were coin flip on if they killed your guy first turn, or you killed theirs.

If the next big patch doesn’t do something to address this in PVP, or provide a more fun and less crap-shoot way of getting gold, I’ll just walk away. Traits and Ascension gave the game a nice long grind to work towards, but boy did it screw up the enjoyment of actually playing the game.

2 Likes

Where do you farm?

Depends on which stones I need. Currently I need blue/green for my Slime, so I’m doing Maugrim Woods. From there I flitter between different challenges to not get bored.