Gems of Farmville

Same team as the OP but different order…

For challenges, with the focus being souls:

I use one of @esslee’s suggestions…

Serpent (fully traited) → generates plenty of red for valks
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Druid

With Celestial armour and Warlord 1 - it takes just two valk casts to reach 90 souls, one more to max out at 100. Haven’t found the it worth the extra time for the extra 10, 20 & 30 souls from the three higher difficulties.

However, if the enemy uses red mana or is immune to poison (such as Pridelands challenges), switch the Serpent for Griffon Knight who generates yellow instead)

Using red/yellow to fill up Valkyrie as fast as possible. It’s soul farming after all. :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

I use Jarl + Valkyrie + Zephyros + Frost Giant …

Can sub Frost Giant for any Red / Yellow / Blue overflow troop or hero (he really just there for Stormheim and Giant type buffs) :stuck_out_tongue:

If you fought me recently, you’ve seen my farming team, as it is also my defense team.

• Warden
  • Hero - Shergra’s Hearth
  • Valkyrie
  • Sheggra

It’s a fast and formidable team

1 Like

I bounce between two teams:
Pridelands Banner +2 red
Hero - Torch
Alchemist
Hobgoblin
Goblin Rocket , will swap the hobgoblin for a second alchemist when I unlock the second trait

Dark Banner +1purp+1brown
Skeleton
Soothsayer
Aziris
Sunweaver

Continuing the discussion from Gems of Farmville:

I used to run that deck to (came up with it on my own !) but as I couldn’t unlock Abhorath trait (still not a single one unlocked yet xD) I came up with something else.

Try using Templar instead of Abhorath and you’ll be running my deck.

Though templar is way out of his league when compared to Abhrath when it comes to damage, you’ll find that you don’t even need lot of attack to begin with, since you’ll overkill every troop anytime your Keeper Of Soul is loaded.

Templar also falls off to Abhorath amazing regeneration capacities, but will instead shield your whole team.

Templar’s water link combined with Valkyrie’s ensure you’ll get its spell everytime your Valkyrie is loaded. Even if, although Templar require less mana, you can’t charge both Templar and Green Slime, Templar might as well be able to charge Green Slime himself AND set up Green Slime’s spell to ensure you’ll be able to link Keeper Of Soul’s spell.

Finally, even if Templar falls, it will let loose a well protected Green Slime that had a couple turns to reinforce it’s own stats.

To sum it up :

• Kill strength is entirely Keeper of Soul dependant (silence / entangle stops you)
  • Frontline is weaker
  • Faster spell casting / chaining
  • Better control of the board
  • Protecting the backlines

By the way, gold per battle is capped pretty low, you’ll meet the cap in no time just by chaining the 4 / 5 gems matchs.
So, when farming, you only have to cover the soul / traistones sides.
This deck ensures you don’t even need to pay attention to the soul farm, double necromancy with valkyrie has it covered for you.
Finally, Keeper Of Souls ensure fast kills so you can collect your traitstones and move on to the next game.

Note : you can easily play this deck on warlord 2, even in PvP if you don’t encounter fully traited / ascended / leveled team

Note 2 : I play it with Divinion banner (purple yellow) : you need either +1 red or +1 yellow to be able to charge your valkyrie in 2 3-gems match (provided you get only one mana surge).
I prefer to collect yellows over red since reds are used with Templar’s spell.

I would consider Adana’s banner (+1 yellow +1 red) if you really feel you need toload that valkyrie fast but I consider it an overkill when you only have one troop using these colors.

You may also consider Sword Edge Banner +1 blue +1 yellow, but since you have +2 from water links you won’t really feel the need to.
You do fall to +1 water when Templar dies, but since Green Slime require 11 mana, you’ll still charge him up in only one 5 blue gem match (you also charge him in one 5 green gem matches since he has nature link).

In the end, I feel like Templar is simply better than Abhorath since too much luck is involved when playing Abhorath and , in my opinion, one shouldn’t even play Abhorath with Keeper Of Soul, it’s kind of a waste.

You people actually go ahead farming?

Just noticed that a mere second trait wants 10 (ten!) arcane stones of same type. Opening 250 gem keys and thousands of glory keys I look at my arcane collection, a quarter types show 0 the rest 1-3. I observed a drop rate like one per 100 battles.

This is complete bull only worth ignoring.

EDIT: just noticed what we have in shop… nicely arranged to steer people toward that $50 bundle.

Ever the cynic :slightly_smiling:

I agree that drop rates of arcanes are too low at the moment. It’s early days, and I think they’ll go up once the devs run some data and the patch is well settled in…

Or it may be wishful thinking - ah we’ve had this conversation before, sigh…

3 Likes

Just to be clear, the topic was farming gold and souls, not traitstones. Let’s go ahead and talk about that again and again and again in the topic it belongs in.

I use a farming team since last year.
I began with:
v1: Abhorath/Alchemist/Valkyrie/Banshee
But in Warlord 2, Banshee’s damage is too low so I changed for Keeper. And yes, the cascade provided by Alchemist or Valkyrie are enough to fill Keeper’s mana.
v2: Abhorath/Alchemist/Valkyrie/Keeper
But in Warlord 2, even Abhorath is killed too easily. So Kaya adviced me to replace Alchemist by Green Slime.
v3: Abhorath/Green Slime/Valkyrie/Keeper
I will surely come back to v1 or v2 as soon as I unlock Abhorath’s 2nd and 3rd traits. But, if you play in Normal or Hard I think v2 is enough: less Keeper but more golds with Alchemist’s spell.

For the ones that don’t have any legendary, I advice v1 team with Treant instead of Abhorath: you use all mana colors and Treant’s traits are quite tanky. Moreover, you can do extra turns with Treant’s skill (very rare but can happens :stuck_out_tongue: ). And, no more randomness ;-).

1 Like

On a similar note, a non-legendary team I’ve been experimenting with is a twist on a classic: Slime/Alchemist/Valkyrie/Banshee. Ole Slimey does a decent job tanking, especially once he adds to his magic. This admittedly can sometimes take awhile, but adding health or armor always helps, and adding the attack grinds down the enemy faster. Overall it’s a decent closed loop - every troop feeds another, and all mana colors are accounted for.

I still find pvp best for farming gold, but this is a decent setup for souls. And I doubt I’m the first to use it, but it hadn’t come up yet.

1 Like

My main issue with Green Slime is the 5 random green gems that he generate: I use too often Slime without a 100% extra turn chance and half the times it create many purple gems for AI :sweat_smile:… Every time I think “no don’t use it” but another voice told me “spell him, it will give you some extra turns”. Scary.

One point with these farming teams is to achieve the gold and soul caps.
Do someone know/test if is it possible to achieve the gold cap without Alchemist (for example with Abhorath/GreenSlime/Valkyrie/Keeper)?

1 Like

In theory it shouldn’t be hard. IIRC the (extra) gold cap is only 105 - so that’s some 27 4-gem matches or 21 5-gem matches. Rack up enough extra turns and it’ll happen eventually, and three transformers will do that easily.

1 Like

The current ceiling I bumped into with souls is 130 per match.
Valkyrie and KOS with necro trait, souls bonus from VIP level 10, Warlord II.

Definitely. I run Valkyrie as the only transformer in a few teams and I have hit the gold cap quite a few times.

Unless I need to buff the slime immediately (as when his health is low and the enemy has a spell charged), I try to wait until there is either a very good chance or a sure thing that he will give you an extra turn. Being a transformer as well as a generator, you can look at what green and purple gems you have on the board and decide the best time to use him. If there is a row of two purple gems and two green gems, you know that no matter what else happens, that will result in a four match of purple, always. These sorts of situations are quite common, and often, he ends up refreshing large parts of the board because there were that many purple gems as a result.

I get the same with two Valkyries two serpents at warlord 4

So first off I have to give a thank you to all the higher level players that share their knowledge and experience with the games many facets to all of us lower level players. You guys help out any way you can with explanations, help, tips, advice and hints. Thank you so much.

The issue that I have run into as only a lowly level 166 player is that your great team builds usually contain troops that I haven’t got yet. I’m sure there are others that have the same issue. We read your build and think “That would be an awesome team” only to find that we don’t have some or all of the cards you guys are referring to.

I have 128 out of the current 160 card deck. What I am missing is mostly legendaries and a bunch of epics. Those are the cards you higher level players build with (most times but not always). So I went through my deck methodically and built a team geared for the lower level players with limited resources and troops.

Here it is :

Goblin Rocket level 18 with first trait Firelink
Deep Borer level 13 with first trait Construct Bond
Valkyrie level 17 with all three traits
Alchemist level 17 with first trait Merchant

Running Proud Banner for +2 red
Maester of Fire +25 Fire Mastery

I try to fill the Gob first if red is available since he is totally reliant on the board for his mana. The other three, I start with whatever one gets charged first. DB feeds Alch which feeds Valk which feeds DB. There can be times that the loop runs out but I ran about a dozen turns through one challenge and got 5 maps on that one challenge (in Ghulvania).

All of these cards I had levelled as part of my earlier playing except DB which is why he is only level 13. But I’m working on him. He started in this team at level 8.

So there you go new people. We can accomplish what the high level players have worked so hard to achieve even if we have less “high society” legendary and epic cards. Don’t give up. Just my way of paying it forward.

2 Likes

A slight (no legendary) tweak would be to sub out the deep borer (his brown gems don’t really help) and drop in a Banshee.

She would build from purple gems (+ spare yellow), and transform the Valkyries blue, back to red, for Alchemist to charge up and make more yellow- feeding Valkyrie once more. This is a fairly consistent loop and with some planning & luck on your side can create a lengthy chain of turns for you.

As a side effect having three large scale gem transformers, it also increases the likelihood of picking up map scrolls, which in turn will increase the resources income for lower level players,

1 Like