[Known Issue] Game freezes when finishing the Explore battles

Platform, device version and operating system:
PS4
Screenshot or image:
No need
What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
When the battles of the explore run finishes, the initial screen of the kingdom freezes without an ability to go anywhere else. In order to fix it only restart of the game helps.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
It happens intermittently about 3-4 times out of 10.

Steps to make it happen again
Win all battles in the explore on any difficulty, when the game shown the initial kingdom page.

4 Likes

This happens to me sometimes but only after I beat the boss and collect the treasure chest. It does happen around once every seven or eight boss fights.

1 Like

Yes, this happens to me too.

1 Like

Happens to me when combining multiple tokens at the end of an explore run. Oddly though it never happens when combining multiple tokens from my mail. The only other time it happens for me is occasionally when claiming rewards at the end of a pet rescue.

1 Like

Me too. 10 chars

1 Like

Me as well . Especially if i back out of explorer mode really fast. Its a daily issue on xbox. When It freezes I just go play GTA5.

1 Like

This bug still seems to be happening. Just played in Explore in Pridelands and got stuck on the kingdom screen with none of the buttons doing anything (iPhone XR with iOS 13.6.1). Only force close is possible. This happened at 6:30 am AEDT on Oct 11. Is there any other info that will be useful to you to identify and fix the issue?

2 Likes

Some days it doesn’t happen; today, though, this bug seems to strike every third or so explore.

1 Like

One thing regarding this issue that I noticed just recently - freeze seems to only happen in Kingdom Home screen.
After finished explore you are sent back to Select Difficuly screen (picture below) and, as long as you choose difficulty and continue, you’re fine.
It’s only when you press round X exit button and get back to Kingdome Home screen (the one that can be seen in the background) that game freeze takes place.

I do hope that you can get to the bottom if this and fix it someday. That would be great!

1 Like

I have the same problem, i have this problem for 4 months.

2 Likes

Fun fact this happens on xbox1 as well

2 Likes

Happens to me on android, not on steam.

1 Like

Reporting since this is still a thing happening to me.
Same as OP for me, except for platform: PC.

1 Like

Seems to have increased in frequency recently. I’ve had it happen 3x today with intermittent play. Xbox Series X.

-edit: Crashed twice more within 20 minutes after I posted this. Didn’t bother restarting the game after the second one.

1 Like

Explore 12 is pretty munch uplayable on Xbox 1, if you want to chase the 20% mythstone bonus.

Like others stated I can do with a crash or two, yesterday I had 4 in a row, just went to do something else

For the first time for me yesterday it also crashed without even battling the boss battle, and not combining tokens/rewards at the end.

This bug seems to be getting worse @Saltypatra
Any chance anyone has looked into this, let alone worked out a fix since this was reported about 6 months ago? I’m on iOS…

2 Likes

5 months ago…

Anyone need more proof they have abandoned the game other than to force bugged, broken, boring, and monetized content on us?

3 Likes

This has begun to happen more the past 3 days than ever before. It used to only happen after I collect the boss chest. Now it is happening after random fights. There is no ryhme or reason. Sometimes it’s the first run or it might be the tenth

It’s been a “known issue” as long as I have been playing.
Though recently the game has been freezing up a lot more in general on top of the end of explore crashes.

1 Like