Game freezes when accessing troop menu

Thank you @Cyrup, for your reply and advice.

I have just removed and then re-installed the game. I will keep an eye out for any improvements or differences, with your questions in mind.

1 Like

Freezes up after class battles

Hi again @Cyrup,

I’ve been playing the game for a few hours now on my PS4 Pro after re-install.

Unfortunately, it is still freezing/taking a long time to access the Troops menu.

It seems to be like I can access the menu quickly after playing a couple of battles, but then the longer I play, the longer the delay each time I try to go there.

• First it was approx. a 5-second wait time
  • an hour later, 30 seconds
  • another hour after that, it was back to the very slow ‘do-a-small task or quickly-grab-a-snack’ wait time.

I tried to access the Troops again right away after finally getting in, without playing anything, and it’s fast/normal.

But then…
I played three more battles and it’s slow again!

I’d also tested not actively playing the game, but just leaving it on with the map showing (I went to do something else for about 20 minutes or so).

I came back, and access to the Troops was slow then too.

For me, the slowness seems to build up over time after either actually playing the few battles, or just having the game on. Apparently 20 minutes was long enough for the menu access to slow down anyway (I have no idea why that happens).

3 Likes

This is still an issue for xbox one. I have to wait almost 5 minutes to get to the troops. This feels too be like the old servers used to be now more and more. :pensive:

2 Likes

I have trouble sometimes when sending pictures to playstation messages from the game, like it is slowing down the whole system.

2 Likes

Also, if I filter pets by “Upgradable” I get the blue screen error message and have to restart the game every time. So I just manually look instead

1 Like

On pets I sort by amount.

1 Like

Freezes when going to pvp from the map screen also

I’m playing on both consoles and on iOS. The lag-freezing when accessing the Troops menu is occurring excruciatingly on XB1 when using a 3year old account (level 1119), and it’s somewhat slow on the PS4 using a newer hero (level 186) created at Christmas.

The open-menu delay for my XB hero ranges from 22 seconds to 87 seconds on average and in some cases over 2 minutes. Needless to say this causes a spike in blood pressure whenever I must change teams to enter Pet Rescue battles.

Another level 25 hero account on the xBox, also created around Christmas for a young friend who came and played it for 3.5 hours yesterday, has not been experiencing much lag.

It would appear that the current Troop freeze issue is very similar in nature to theTeam Slot freezing issue that had been solved previously.

For my Mobile iPad Mini 3 game with a level 1118 hero, there’s a bit of lag when accessing Troops. But it’s nowhere near as bad as the XB game. The main issue with the iOS game is that it develops massive animation lag (judder) during battles which make it impossible to continue gaming; I have to quit and restart. That particular animation issue has been there for 2 years now.

The longer a player has an active session going, the worse the general freeze issues become.

1 Like

We have passed this information along to the team. We are having some issues recreating this bug as even when playing on older devices in our office we aren’t experiencing excessive lag.

Thank you to everyone who is giving us further information.

I can recreate it on 3 iffrent devices. 2 new and one old

OMG!!! I’m on Xbox & the lag and freezing is unbearable now. Ever since this last patch I cant even play one match without it doing something of the sort. The animations are choppy. It’s practically unplayable now.

1 Like

It’s certainly still an issue on iPhone (latest iOS).

It seems most noticeable because as soon as I finish the 8th battle of a pet rescue I collect the rewards, exit to the main screen then press troop menu (because I want to see if my rewards allow me to ascend a pet). It is when I press on the troop button (on main screen) that the delay occurs.

2 Likes

You need to play game NOT ON YOUR INTERNAL TEST NETWORK. You need to play on real xbox live on non developer xbox.

2 Likes

Exactly the same on xbox. Pet rescue done, want to check pets, loong freeze on troop screen.

I don’t know exactly how it all works in your offices, but is it possible for any of the devs to play the game outside of the office, on another unit, like from their homes like we do, for example? Maybe the problem can be replicated that way?

Oops, I just realized after I posted, that you had the same idea! Yes, that was what I was thinking too.

Thanks for your help guys. The dev team are continuing to test and investigate this. I’ve put out a post over here calling for more info from other players who we haven’t yet heard from

2 Likes

Just as a heads up, it’s not unheard of for us to test on devices outside the office. Also, a majority of our testing happens on the live version of the game, and not in internal testing, unless we are trying to catch bugs before an update goes live.

2 Likes

Also when I cast a spell the animation freezes for maybe 5-10 seconds, almost like it is going to crash every time.

2 Likes