Game Crashing with new update - Xbox [INVESTIGATING]

Okay, now it’s even worse. For the past 3 days, I’ve tried to play the game with it crashing, endlessly. Each time, I’ve tried for nearly an hour, crash after crash, until I finally give up. PLEASE tell me that you’re getting closer to a solution or even knowledge of what might be causing it! @Saltypatra? Do you have any news?

1 Like

Sharing @Kafka’s response from the other (but same?) bug report: Post 5.3 update, game crashes on the Xbox [INVESTIGATING] - #65 by Kafka

They’re introducing logging in 5.4 to help figure out what’s going on.

1 Like

That’s great! Thanks @Snooj!

Okay, a sliver of good news: Update 5.4 came to my Xbox yesterday, and I was excited. Then, I immediately tempered my excitement and expected the worst.

However, I actually was able to log in, play for over an hour, and it didn’t crash! Not ONE SINGLE CRASH!! It felt so weird! I had not had a smooth day like that since all this started, months ago! Needless to say, I’m still cautiously expecting the crashing to start again, but this was a very good sign.

I’ll come back and update y’all as I continue testing this new update.

1 Like

So far, so good! It still worked well, last night, without crashing. I hope this trend continues!

1 Like

Yaaaaay!!! Great to hear.

2 Likes

I can follow-up with good news as well. New update yesterday made it the first time the game loaded up without a crash. It did get 2 crashes overall yesterday with none today. Played 3 different times yesterday and 1 crash after the update after an hour-ish and another after the relaunch like it used to. Then after that, nothing. If it’s down to 2 crashes a day on average, ill take it. But hoping the crashless days continue :slight_smile: - thanks to the coders for (potentially) fixing the issue :hugs:

1 Like

That’s great, @nhlmetalhead! I’m hoping the crashes are gone, for good. Yesterday, I played twice (mid-afternoon, and late evening) and still no crashes!

Just out of curiosity, @Saltypatra, can you tell us what the probable cause was? I really like to understand issues like this.

Still crash-free, yesterday! I even had to walk away for 15-20 minutes, and the game didn’t crash when I came back!

Still going strong! I’m getting pretty confident that the issue was fixed (at least for me).

Yep mine hasn’t crashed since the last update

1 Like

This warms my heart more than I can say.

2 Likes

Last night I had a little scare; the game froze on me for about 2 seconds, and I thought “Oh boy, here we go again.” But nope! It shook it off, and kept right on working! Please pass my thanks and congratulations to the team, for finding and fixing this problem. It really is a relief to be able to play smoothly again!

Please also threaten them against ever letting a problem like this out, again! :sweat_smile:

Spoke too soon. Game just crashed on me in the middle of a delve :rage:

“Crashed” as in “got stuck on the opponent turn”? That might be a different issue, is your team using Essence of Evil?

Why, @Fourdottwoone? What issue does that cause?

I was using Essence of Evil but the game didn’t freeze, it just closed down and went back to the Xbox home screen.