Game Crashing with new update - Xbox [INVESTIGATING]

Perfect. Thank you!

Can we please please please have this issue sorted? Trying to take part in this weeks Raid Boss and constant crashing during matches means Iā€™m losing all of my sigils.

3 Likes

If it were every time, if it were all the time, my solution would be to uninstall three times and reinstall twice.

But there are times when I can play for hours without interruption. And then there are times like this morning, when I get frozen five times in 4 hours.

Thatā€™s not including the times I get kicked due to poor Internet. Before the Dec update, I could just ride those out, and wait to hit ā€œRetryā€ once the Internet came back. Now, itā€™s 50/50. Not exactly, I donā€™t keep track.

But the five times in 4 hours, thatā€™s on Gems. Because I log in, go to collect tributes, and get kicked before I can. Internet is fine, and still kicked. 5 times, 4 hours. Itā€™s like they know Iā€™d prefer to play other games, and are punishing me for it. I still want my tributes.

Edit: I officially uninstalled WoT this week when I got an offer for a Games with Gold game I hadnā€™t played in years. And now in May, I hear Mass Effect is having a retro bundle come out; an excellent opportunity for me to right the wrongs of the past, and undo my decision on Vormire. Iā€™ll play the wait and see game as to which what to uninstall in May.

And now Iā€™m realizing my rant would be better placed in a Feature Request. Apologies.

1 Like

Been kicked all over the place today. Sign in, go to guildā€¦kicked. Sign in, go to guildā€¦kicked. Sign in, start PvP match,kicked. Sign in, open chatā€¦kicked. Lost count how many times Iā€™ve been kicked out of the game today. Iā€™m going to kick the game :rage:

4 Likes

There was a chat maintenance some hours ago, which looks more than a termination now.
Very bad timing to do that in the Tower of Doom week. Chance was under 10%, similar to the KI RNG here :partying_face:

Maybe ā€œinsert 5.4 nowā€ :face_with_monocle:

Iā€™ve now noticed that this always seems to happen when iā€™m getting hourly/daily stuff, like the gold/souls/glory etcā€¦ from the kingdoms.

Iā€™ll launch the game and there wont be anything at my home kingdom but itā€™ll crash say, 8 times, then on the 9th game launch, the gold will be pulsating at my home kingdom. About 40 minutes later of uninterrupted gaming, GoW will freeze, iā€™ll relaunch the game, and itā€™ll freeze say 2 more times, then after another relaunch, the gold is there at my home kingdom pulsating again with no crash.

Very few times itā€™ll crash a bunch and then let me play without gaining any gold/stuff but perhaps its the game thinking it gave me my hourly tribute, without soing so, causing more crashes, or maybe the game thinks it gave it to me, but it didnā€™t, thus making more crashes in the future cause itā€™s confused.

main thing here is, itā€™s always with the tributes/gold stuff. I waited till 2am one night to see what happens when the new daily login would just appear and several times itā€™s crashed at that moment.

So perhaps all these crashes are related to the hourly tributes/daily logins?

1 Like

That would make sense, @nhlmetalhead, as Iā€™ve had moments where it will crash at least 20 times, and I just lose count and give up. Then later, that same day, I get in on the first try. It definitely feels like a server-side error that leads to a crash, because I canā€™t replicate it consistently with anything on my end (meaning I canā€™t replicate the success or failure of avoiding a crash).

Itā€™s just so frustrating. I fight a battle, and it kicks me out; kill a Raven, but no credit. I log back in, 4 times it kicks me right back out. I get to fight another battle, but it kicks me out again. 4 times again, canā€™t even get to the Guild tabā€¦

Itā€™d be nice if they fix it before GW. I tried to get into guild chat just to let guild know whatā€™s going on, but I canā€™t even do that.

3 Likes

I canā€™t believe weā€™ve been dealing with this issue for nearly 3 months now with no fix in sight. No one else in my guild is suffering with this issue so I do wonder how widespread the problem is and how seriously theyā€™re taking it.

3 Likes

On PC/Mobile we had a very weird bug a long time ago where the game chat breaking away would influence battle results. The server would suddenly credit your wins as if youā€™d been using an entirely different team, which hurt quite a bit during Guild Wars. Iā€™m not familiar with how the game chat works on Xbox, are you able to disconnect from it? It would be interesting to see if the freezes still happen with the game chat disconnected.

1 Like

You are able to disconnect from Global Chat on Xbox, but I have no idea if it would affect the freezing issue. Mine has been freezing less, lately (3-4 times before it finally lets me play), but Iā€™ll try to remember this next time. Iā€™ll see if disconnecting chat helps.

1 Like

So, last night before reset, I had checked Guild Chat for room locations. Floor 49 Top Right was Unlock, and the room I fought. I thought I saw room 50 bottom left was a Luck Scroll, but the Luck scroll was in fact on floor 51. Why do I mention this?

I had one Heroism Scroll left, and the dragons were easy enough to beat, so I had planned to fight them, then the Boss, then use the scroll, and fight the Luck. However, as I noted above, the game kicked me after I beat the dragons, so I did not get credit for the win. And 4 disconnects later, I got frustrated and decided to use the scroll right away.

After that, I forgot which floor had the Luck scroll, so I opened Guild Chat, and only my posts were showingā€¦so perhaps there is something to what you say. I fought the bottom left room (on the wrong floor, so it wasnā€™t going to be the Luck Scroll), got kicked again, and 4 more times again before giving up for the night.

I certainly wouldnā€™t miss global chat if disconnecting from that would help. But I do think I was getting kicked last week while the chat was disabled for a day and a half. Not the same thing as disconnecting, I know, but still. I will give it a go. Thanks.

1 Like

Weirdly, I didnā€™t get booted from the game at all, last night, so I forgot to try the chat-disconnect theory. Iā€™ll see what happens, tonightā€¦

1 Like

Okay, hereā€™s a breakdown of what happened when I tried a few things, yesterday:

TL;DR - I didnā€™t learn anything newā€¦

First of all, during the day, I had a chance to play. So I logged in and the game crashed after a minute or so, as usual. When I loaded the game up again, I immediately went to the Chat Settings and Disconnected from Global Chat. No more crashing. ā€œHey, maybe that actually worked!ā€ I thought. I played for half an hour, or so, and then I logged off.

Later that same night, I tried again. Crash after crash, maybe 6-10 times (I didnā€™t count), and somewhere in the middle of those crashes, I was able to get into the Chat Settings again. I was still Disconnected from Global Chat. After some debate, I finally decided to reconnect so I could chat with my Guild. My Global Chat Channel had been reset to 001 crash, so I logged back in and changed it to the Channel we use for certain reasons in my Guild crash. Eventually, it stopped crashing and let me play, but it didnā€™t seem to have anything to do with Chat Settings.

However, one thing that Iā€™ve noticed (and others have pointed out, or hinted at) is that it never stops crashing unless I have collected all of my mail messages (in-game), used some chest keys, and basically checked any notifications. I donā€™t know if this is required, but thatā€™s my routine.

2 Likes

I really wanted that to be the fix. I quit chat on my main account, and while I dcā€™d a few times, it always seemed to revolve around my wifi cutting out, which is more on me.

However, just now, my alt OsteoidApollo64 got dcā€™d after winning a battle, x2 more times trying to access chat, disabled chat, then dcā€™d again while a battle was loading, and again after that. No internet/wifi issues at the moment.

I was wondering what would be my WoT ā€œUninstallingā€ moment. I think I found it. Finishing out the week for my Horde.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to hear that. Iā€™m going to stick it out because I really want to see it fixed, and Iā€™ve enjoyed the game for a couple of years, now. But I donā€™t blame you, either. Itā€™s frustratingā€¦

1 Like

I canā€™t even begin to fathom out how many valuable resources Iā€™ve lost because of this issue.

2 Likes

I know Iā€™ve lost battle sigils, but at least from what Iā€™ve seen, you donā€™t lose any redeemed mail or opened chests (even when it crashes in the middle of opening them). It always seems to retain my rewards. What kinds of things have you lost?

This is true. If you lose a battle, then yes, and sigils. But things like chests and mail shouldnā€™t be lost. (If they are please contact our support asap.)

Iā€™m mostly annoyed about the game crashing when Iā€™m in the middle of a vault match as the keys are quite sparse to collect and they can give decent rewards when completing them on hard. This has happened to me several times.

Also being in the last match of a delve only to lose the entire thing because the game crashes in the middle of it is frustrating.

Guild Wars is a lottery.

4 Likes