Game Crashing with new update - Xbox [INVESTIGATING]

I still can’t play it, every 3 or 5 minutes and the game crashes, tried on my both consoles, uninstalled more than once too, I really wanted to help my Guild in GW, but it’s impossible

The shrine achievement on Xbox is still not unlocking for me @Saltypatra, even though my shrine is full. Is there an ETA on a fix?

The 40k delve achievement unlocked with no problems.

It has been terrible all day today on PS4 constant crashing, and timeout error. I have fibre broadband, nobody else was even in the house at the time using anything. Rebooted my router, (hard wired by ethernet to PS4 for better connection), rebooted PS4, still no better. Didn’t matter which game type or menu I went through the same thing over and over again

The shrine achievement is not unlocking for me either. Why add achievements if your too lazy to make sure they work.

We aren’t the ones who push when achievements go live, so we are waiting on first party to do so. We’re looking into getting this sorted as quickly as possible.

@MistressJules and @maxna are you still having the issues with crashing?

@maxna are you still getting the purchase issue error messages?
Is the game crashing back to the Xbox homescreen without an error message?
Are there ever different error messages from the purchase issue one?
Which screens do the errors/crashes occur on?

@MistressJules is it always the same timeout error? Does it just say connection timed out or does it say Error 0001 for example? Which region are you playing in? Did you have this error at all prior to updating to game version 5.3 and it just got worse with 5.3? Or did the problems start after downloading 5.3?

1 Like

Yes @Kafka still crashing, I’m not even investing on sigils, campaign pass or anything cause I already lost a lot trying to play and crashing mid battle. Sometimes it even crashes right after first loading screen in the map, but mostly it crashes when finishing battles, exiting menus, whenever there is a transition I guess.
The message seems to be the same everytime (but this is something that was already happening before update, it was just click ok and keep playing).

Hi @Saltypatra! The Xbox achievements appear to have been pushed but the My Time to Shrine achievement looks to be broken. I’ve added screen shots to the bug report that was opened to help in the research. Xbox 1 Shrine Achievement

1 Like

Forget about it, I’m done with this game… two weeks that I can’t play, get resources from events, can’t help my guild… I won’t be “buying” this later. Tried on another profile and it is not crashing, can it be so hard to fix this? My guildmates are playing without problems. I’m not even worried about the achievement not unlocking, just asking to be able to play the game again

Yeah, I was having issues about 2 weeks ago, then it was fine for a few days, and now I can’t play longer than about 30 seconds before the audio starts sounding like a crash/vibrating, and it just crashes to dashboard. On Xbox One S.

Missed out on a ton of the dailies unfortunately. I was doing so good too T_T

Ah well, be glad once it’s fixed. Im sure devs are working hard though.

MIKHAIL KRAUSER_SDEV

Here is a link for the Dev’s, and users as well if they wish, of what’s been happening ever since the “festive” update in Decmeber.

For me its always been 3-7 freezes/crashes then it would work for up to 2 hours ish. Until it randomly does it again, 3-7 more times afterwards and then I could play again. However, if I were to say, step away fromthe game and be idle from it from anywhere over 5-7 minutes, when I return to continue playing, within a few seconds it’ll freeze/crash and then I repeat the process.

Only until today it would allow me to play, now it just freezes/crashes all the time :frowning: always the same time and the same spot in the music (sometimes give or take 1-3 sooner or later, but that just gets me hopeful and then immediately disappointed :frowning:

I’m able, like others, to quickly do what I can before the crash, (like collecting whatever I can in my mailbox and kingdoms) but the crashing is so frustrating. Maybe you can go back to what the game was BEFORE the festive update?

Also want to note that I’m using the 1st original xbox one. Not the S, X or new consoles. Not sure if that helps or if anyone else with the issue is using the same console or if it even matters at this point?

Click below.

Please help us

2 Likes

I’m in almost the exact same situation as you, @nhlmetalhead. It’s been like this for at least a couple of months, now. So frustrating!

1 Like

I posted this in the other thread, but will reiterate here. We noticed a spike in crashes on our Friday, two days ago. We are looking into this and seeing what can be done.

@Saltypatra, which other thread? Also, just to note, this is not a recent occurrence for some of us. It’s been like this since December. Some days are worse than others, though.

Oh, I just realized that I never included my invite code. See below, @Saltypatra:

Invite Code: LIQUIDAG_U1D9
Version Number: 5.3.5r26161

I’m in the same boat as @nhlmetalhead, 3-7 (or more) freezes/crashes, then it works (some days) for an hour or two. But there are some days when it just crashes and I can never get on.

I’m also using the 1st original Xbox One from launch (not the S, X, or new Series consoles).

We are aware that this isn’t a new issue, but we can see that it was exarcerbated on the previous Friday.

1 Like

Okay, thank you @Saltypatra. Do y’all have any idea what kind of time frame we’re looking at for a fix? Or is this a problem that affects very few players (and I’m just one of the lucky ones), so it will take longer to track down the problem?

We don’t have an ETA on a fix, as we are still actively trying to find what is triggering this issue. It’s not affecting everyone, but we definitely want to get to the bottom of it.

1 Like

Thank you very much, for answering. I don’t want to keep hounding the issue, so is there a place I can watch (one of the forum threads, or some other news source) for updates on this issue? Even if it’s not a fix, I would love to know more about what’s triggering the issue, whenever y’all find out. Knowing the reason behind a problem helps mitigate the irritation caused by it, at least for me.

We don’t have a live page unfortunately. When it’s fixed or we know more I will post to these forums.

1 Like