Game crashes when unlocking chests

No report of this in known issues at this time.

Platform, device version and operating system
Windows 10

Screenshot or image

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened
I was trying to unlock chests. The game gave me an error and shut down.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Happened after installing the 3.5 update, every time I tried to open a chest. I had 10 event keys and a bunch of gem keys and I don’t know if I got the contents or not.

Steps to make it happen again
See the video. It happens every time I try to unlock one or all chests.

1 Like

Adding to the report. When I won a fight in Explorer, it crashed again. Screenshot this time (assuming the paste works). And yes, I’ve restarted the computer.

Basically it seems to crash if you do anything that touches the server. I have crashed opening keys, winning matches, losing matches, updating hero skill trees, spending keys, and trying to participate in a pet battle.

Essentially the game is in “look but don’t touch” mode.

game crashes with anything I do on PC open chests do battles at the win/loss page Pet battle Win/loss page, Explore Win/Loss page, Hero/Troop Level up Screens, Ascension/Traits I get the same message hope they fix it soon! 329110_20180619203342_1|690x387

It seems like a fix for this just got pushed so I’ll replace my angsty message with I HAVE THE EMOTIONAL DEPTH OF A TEAPOT

2 Likes

We have discovered the issue and a fix has been deployed on PC/Mobile. Thanks for letting us know about the issue so we could track it down.

The fix is currently going out to PS4 and XB1 now.

2 Likes

I just blew through 600 gems because it kept saying I had 2 Event Keys but after I opened the boxes I got an error message. When I checked the troops that I supposedly got when opening the chests weren’t there. I exited the game and came back in and realized I had spent 600 gems opening boxes that I didn’t intend to. :frowning:

Hey all, despite the game crashing or lagging when you unlock the chests you will still receive the loot inside them.
https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000065456

This article was written for console, the info on not losing contents applies to all platforms.