Fun Teams [List]

Li’l Big Shots----
I use this one in the Dungeons.

Lady Ironbeard
Lord Ironbeard
Runesmith
Unicorn

Lady Ironbeard to deal triple damage with her ability if her armor is higher than target. Lord Ironbeard deals triple to Red users. Runesmith increases Armor (hello m’Lady) and Attack boosted by Red on board. Unicorn keeps troops healthy, removes all negative status on ally and enchants them. I often enchant Runesmith to keep him boosting Lady Ironbeard, though if she’s already pretty buff i will enchant her especially if there’s a drought in Blue and Brown. Lord Ironbeard is good to prepare a target for his Lady if there are no Red enemies, or if a buff enemy is about to fill it’s mana, or to just pick off a weak enemy.

Any suggestion for a fun Merlantis team?

@Courtaud Haven’t found anything out of Merlantis-only. They feel like a nice addition, can be built around, but not be built from, only. Like all the other kingdoms.

For all the rest of folks, I’ve just made a great, fast, safe and fun team with War. Updated the OP as well.

Updated with @polyester’s suggestion with the new Scorpius mythic troop.
… I have to say, that team is a gem. Absolutely a blast. Try it if you have the chance.

1 Like

In regards to merlantis. I haven’t really found a viable kingdom exclusive squad however this one might work out for some.

Silent one
Azura
Leviathan
Merlion.

Dwarven Gate
Apothecary
Lady Ironbeard
King Highforge

Undevourable last slot, barrier and Gate makes for an amazing tank because you can pretty much just ignore skulls completely. Apothecary makes sure you get off your extra turns thanks to the cleanse, Lady is the real champ here, dunking enemies for quite a bit of damage - the targeted burst helps a lot against annoying troops that would be hard to kill with AoE or skulls. If your Gate dies, Highforge just summons another tank for you. It’s somewhat slow (compared to meta teams), but pretty efficient.

2 Likes

1 new team with Scorpius Mythic that I find effective and fun.

Emperor Khorvash
Ragnagord
Wyvern
Scorpius
(Orc Banner).

Wyvern poisons last 2 troops for Scorpius, and Wyvern + Khorvash target first two troops for the highest utilization of the mechanics. Also fast on mana.

Thanks! I’ve discovered that this team is an absolute blast against basically anything. Maybe not this week since shoehorning Hind everywhere limits things a bit, but in normal PVP it’s deadly.

Been using Ketras in place of my usual Famine - if anyone gets ready to cast, a basically 100% kill works just as well as a mana drain. Plus by then Poison Master has probably poisoned the last 2 enemies (or Scorpius has buffed high enough) to kill the last 2 troops.

All in all it’s a deadly team on offense. Defensively I’d probably swap Poison Master for Euryali to make sure Scorpius works right but that’s not an option for everyone.

I just made this one recently(Xbox) and has been fun to play:

Green Slime
Elemaugrim
Green Seer
Jarl Firemantle

Only need Jarl with full traits. 1st trait of Slime is helpful (Nature Link).

I have thought of Famine, but wouldn’t ever get to replace Ketras, as his damage is just bonkers and is technically the main damage dealer. Honor has great synergy (stacked Ketras), while everything staying healthy (or armor-y… if we want to be exact :smile: ).

It’s not really a great defense team because AI cannot really handle the decision-making. Plus it’s really easy to just put 2 troops immune to poison (undead, all impervious, some others…) and just hit Ketras 2 times. It’s easily countered.

Here is a new one using some less familiar troops.

It is surprisingly strong and fast.
Always cast the free Wisp even if troops are appart, each cast is free HP thanks to Loyalty.

King Mikhail
Captain Skullbeard
Loyalty
Wisp

Double Green Banner. Aim to fill the pirate to start the dance.

1 Like

Having great success and fun with:

1 Like

Tier 1 this week with:

5 Likes

Yes not liking running into this in pvp :smirk: wish I had skadi :disappointed_relieved:

An absolutely broken team:

Dire Wolf
Diviner
Green Seer
Divine Ishbaala

So far, I have not lost yet at about 50 wins. It does not mind being frozen, can sometimes loop or can give a turn away, seems like it does not matter much. It powers up very fast and is unstoppable. Banner can be green/yellow. Works really very fast, on par with Titania teams, PvP goes under 1.5 minutes on average.

1 Like

How long does it take when you face a Gorgotha or stonehammer?

He probably nukes it with Dire Wolf, while the board is green

It is possible to kill them very rapidly with skulls after hitting a couple of times with Dire Wolf powers. Double bonus from entangled and hunter’s mark is overkill anyhow for any other normal enemy. And the board should be full of skulls in any case after casting Ishbaala.

The main issue are some cards that lower DW’s attack like Elemaugrim or Nobend brothers. So, preventing the brothers from powering up is a priority. And trying to loop as much as possible against Elemaugrim might be a good idea. Not a real problem but matches can take slightly longer.

1 Like

Another ridiculous team, good against current meta, quite reliable:

Hero archer with Mang
Hellcat
Alchemist
Divine Ishbaala

Priority is to keep the hero alive somehow. Usually it works fine but need to be very careful first 3-4 turns. Second priority is to power up Ishbaala after casting Mang. PvP normally takes under 1.5 minutes per match.

Diviner - Infernus - Ishbaala - Fire bomb with dragon soul banner

Mercy slows things down so much, and very rarely you have alignment. With fire bomb, you fill infernus in one cast (diviner uses the green brown, and infernus takes all the yellow, red or purple). After that you get things rolling pretty quickly. And you don’t have to worry psion.

Wins 3-trophies in about 30sec-1min