Fun Teams [List]

I enjoy using this against the Psion Daemon meta.

IMG_3476

Can swap Paladin and DI for faster mana gen, but this way Paladin fills very quickly to get a OSK potentially on turn two. Depending on enemy stats of course.

Valor with his double damage against Daemons can normally pick off troops after a Gard’s Avatar cast.

2 Likes

I wanted to try some of my new Shentang troops, and came up with this. It can face pretty much anything and is very good against drain Meta, even more once you learn to Nyx-Bait.

2 Likes

I know setup based “checkmate” teams and skull spam have largely fallen out of style, but I’ve been having fun with the Forest Guardian/Ishballa combo. They set up so well into each other, often getting a partial board refresh to keep going. Add some way to deal with blue gems and you can generally just run the board.

The only hard part is getting that first little bit of mana and first converter alignment, then you can make the enemy team disappear. Something like Battle Mammoth can also go up front, with some spell damage in the back.

Here is another fun use of the very underrated Skaadi-Azura team, featuring underused cards (Dark Monolith and craftable Frost Staff)

Basically Loop Azura forever, use Skadi if shuffle is needed, Staff for surgical removal, and save Monolith for power damage as he gets weaker, before putting a Mab in place.
(But most games you just win with Azura)

1 Like

This team is pretty tough

Abyssal Banner
Dark Troll
Flame Troll
Elemaugrim
Elemaugrim

My three fun teams.

Divines - Dragon banner
Divine Ishbaala
Ketras the Bull
Infernus
Mercy

War Buff - Desert Banner
Gorgotha
War
Abynissia
Scorpius

Trolling - Trident Banner
Forest Troll
Hyndla Frostcrown
Jotnar Stormshield
Sea Troll

1 Like

Lead slot probably works best as a Dragonguard, I just use Bard. Elemaugrim can be cast as a turn ender with no purple and usually be safe to set up into a next turn Yao Guai if you run out of moves or with a lot of purple and a couple burns if you want to go for the extra turn.

Side note, I wish there were more spells that had an Eternal Flame type effect (transform 1 gem at target, then spawn x random).

1 Like

I agree. These spells would be great for players on offense, but misused by the AI, so we could get good, usable power cards without creating monsters for the defense (like Trolls)

1 Like

Here is a similar use of War:

War just grows so quick, he rapidly one shots anything, skull crush others.
Always cast first to grab the free turn.

4 Likes

Because Orcs! And Gargantaur!

Seriously, though, it actually does work. Kind of a silly lark and not super fast, but fun to play. Orc Vet is the key, as he can self loop if there is enough red, since his attack starts quite high with bonuses. Gar’Nok and Ogryn can help with spawning and Firestorm, respectively. Gargantaur is there primarily as a cheerleader but can offer a big finish too.

3 Likes

Capture
Now that Scorpius has unlimited casts…this is really a hit or miss team but fun.
Good Mercy board often results in two dead troops right away. I tried various thinks for the second slot - Jar of Eyes seems to work best for me at the moment.

1 Like