Frozen Stiff

Originally published at: Frozen Stiff – Gems of War

New Ultra-Rare Troop: Frozen Shieldbreaker The Frozen Shieldbreaker will be available this week for 300 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. World Event: Melting Point There are 6 battles that players can encounter during the event: Frozen Shieldbreaker,…

1 Like

Wow. Not gunna even try. Waiting for someone else to figure this one out. So much fun this random scoring… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

There will come a point where the strategy is simple: avoid Ice Golem. Until then, it is tricky. Personally, I’ll take Arcturion over Hive Mind & Glaycion over Fallen Valdis as the 1.18x average multiplier isn’t enough to make the variable point battles better than fixed point battles in the two comparisons I listed in this post.

2 Likes

I tried…

16 Likes
  • Frozen Shieldbreaker > Ice Golem in Phase 1
  • Arcturion > Hive Mind in Phase 2 (as 1.18 * 7 = 8.26 expected, which is less than 10)
  • Avoid Ice Golem until you can’t in Phase 3, since there’s no more resetting

Agreed that it’s a bit eugh/wtf, though.

I know I won’t be trying too many Vault Keys until I see some blessed soul confirm The Moon’s actually in there, too…

2 Likes
Ice Golem: 5 points
Frozen Shieldbreaker: 6 points
Hive Mind: 7 x 1.18 = 8.26 points
Arcturion: 10 points
Fallen Valdis: 14 x 1.18 = 16.52 points
Glaycion: 20 points

What is rarity for lol.

12 Likes

Thanks for letting us know the Moon is in the drop table. That’s very helpful.

1 Like

Only if its actually going to be there…!

2 Likes

@Kafka there seems to be an issue with the game rating. It’s adversited as for anyone above 10 years old. However, in America you don’t learn Algebra until at least age 12 for the most part. (Even then it’s pre-algebra.)

Yet, this current week of scoring requires an understanding of Algebra to decode the scoring into points.

So either stop being unnecessary complicated…or overhaul your app store rating. Please and thank you.

15 Likes

The alcohol reference is accurate though.

7 Likes

Seconding everyone: this scoring is ridiculously and unnecessarily complicated.

The weekly event was supposed to be fun! he release notes suggested there might be lots of new twists! but what we have ended up with is a dull grind through whatever permutation of scoring rules the RNG spat out this week.

This mode badly needs rework.

11 Likes

And the complicated scoring rules are NOT VISIBLE IN-GAME; you keep saying nope, can’t-fix, too-difficult but this really is a problem. It should not be up to guildmasters to explain this to players for you.

5 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 9.51.37 PM

giphy (6)

WHYYYYYY!?

13 Likes

I think the scoring is trying to prevent stuff like this…

They want to try to throw off players from having the same scores by reducing how many players understand the scoring system.

1 Like

Because scoring needs to be exciting!!!nnn!nnn!!n

Clearly we need a mnemonic. Thats new right?! Stealing your picture…

Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 9.51.37 PM

Greasy furry aquaman hates floating iguanas.

2 Likes

What the actual hell with the scoring this week?

People say repeatedly that random scoring and illogical points values are not fun, so did the Devs take it as a challenge to make it as un-fun as possible?

Seriously, what gives? Are you guys that desperate for extra Tier purchases from confused players who can’t be arsed to figure out the scoring that you already refuse to list in-game?

Greedy Fecking Accountants Hunger For Income

13 Likes

Surely this week’s scoring system is yet another incentive for potential new Beta Testers, since #GoWListens
:sweat_smile: :man_facepalming: :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

All they need to do to prevent tiebreakers is to have one thing with variable scoring. It isn’t. That. Hard.

Added bonus, we can have that one thing and have it not be super weird to read.

IT ISN’T THAT HARD.

But no, they want the scoring system to look like this!

That’s us stuck in there. Not trying to figure it out, that’s been tried too many times, now we’re trying to get out and it won’t let us.

5 Likes

I’d imagine anyone who wants to go for a tie reads up on the scoring rules anyway. So what even is the point behind this convoluted mess?

6 Likes

Game Fails At Having Formulas Included.

12 Likes