[Fixed] Continue button does not work

Cross-posting

So for this weekendā€™s ā€œvaultā€ event, itā€™s a waste of time.
Weā€™ll have to play in downgraded mode.

Wait what does mean ā€œtestingā€ in your list of required actions?

Testing means in this case they do the bare minimum to get it approved. There is no testing in this product otherwise. Not even the news article are checked for errors before published.

Not scrollable:

UI scaling issues:

Non interactable UI

What ever this is

2 Likes

Happen also on switch console !

1 Like

As always, poor testing was done before the 8.1 patch was released. The issue where the game crashes on the new victory pop-up screen could have been easily seen (and corrected) had the devs properly tested for this. ā€œYeah, letā€™s not try to button mash after a victory during a time when speed gets you more resourcesā€¦ā€

Now you have the entire player base across all platforms worried about this vault weekend and have your CMs trying to put out fires.

I wish that the devs would come out of hiding and take accountability for this. We are not amused.

1 Like

Mods were on here yesterday - theyā€™re asleep now itā€™s the middle of the night in Australia. Building the slightest hesitation after all enemies are killed into my mash habit was a task last night but Iā€™ve found my groove and havenā€™t had a reset in over 500 matches (knocking on all zee wood).

This too shall pass - hopefully with a bonus Vault Weekend as an apology.

3 Likes

Well said, "Mr. Second Coming of Awesome.":man_superhero:

I have found ways around the game crash and have found a sweet spot of when to not press the ā€œAā€ button after a victory. Breaking the habit of button mashing during vault weekend will be tough thoughā€¦

I will probably just collect gnome verses this weekend and aim for a reasonable amount of pity keys to feel like it isnā€™t completely wasted. Cut my losses and prepare for the next vault weekend so that I wonā€™t get frustrated with losing precious resources.

2 Likes

@Darkborne @all
Take your (NS) in the Hand and a touchpencil play any mods without buttons . Tada
It works!

1 Like

Thatā€™s a really good strat for this weekend - get to like 10 Pity Keys and just verse farm the rest of it to prep for the next.

1 Like

Meaning that as long as this works, people can run a GAP as normal?

I for one never intentionally skipped the victory animation, simply because I didnā€™t know it was even skippable. Maybe this was an actual design change with 8.1?

1 Like

Thereā€™s gonna be some reset frustrations early on even by me but 3xIHDD can still pull 65+ battles if oneā€™s brain can retrain. This is an extremely sucky short-term issue but Iā€™ve already seen how the game plays faster with the Victory animation overlapping the Rewards screen. Next VW (hopefully surprise sooner than expected) itā€™s gonna go from suck to sick :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Weā€™re going go need a repeat vault event. This is not ok even when Iā€™m not skipping animations it crashes.

What testing was done in the first place? Yknow apart from the store. Sure thatā€™s not broken

1 Like

Has this issue received attention from dev?

1 Like

@Jeto this problem still persists. What is the status? When will this be resolved?

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile:

Please note that in the coming 24hours a fix for the crashing issue will be rolled out for all platforms, including Switch.

1 Like

Thank you for fixing the button smashing issue!!

On an aside, while I may not have a habit of spamming buttons/input upon winning a battle ā€“ I most definitely spam buttons/input at the conclusion of a Treasure Hunt run to speed up the cash-out animations, but this (fortunately) failed to trigger any crashes with 8.1.0 . It also occurs AFTER the server sync, but before switching to the rewards screen.