[Fix Released] Missing Troops since 7.2 update

I’ve lost troops from Adventure Board and Underspire.

1 Like

Missing Cedric and Treasure Gnome after playing a Vault Key.

3 Likes

So basically any battle you play, troops involved in the enemy team will turn to unowned in your inventory.

6 Likes

Thank you! If I have any more questions I’ll be back :sparkles:

2 Likes

@Jeto

That’s correct, doesn’t matter what battle you do once you kill those troops they become an unowned troop so you lose access to those troops.

If you restart the game it fixes the issue but as soon as you do another battle the same thing happens.

1 Like

Or when you log in without playing any battles and go straight to Collections and unowned troops. I think I’ve seen 6 or 7 different lists of unowned troops. It doesn’t seem to matter in my case if I played battles before or not.

Interesting new game mode. I like the creativity.

3 Likes

Didn’t someone suggest this “survival” mode recently? :joy:

5 Likes

Ow, this is awful. What likely happened is this:

How do you prevent enemy troops to mimic your own and show up vanilla instead? Easy, just delete them from the player collection when the battle starts up! Can’t mimic what isn’t there, right?

I suspect this may have some interesting side effects for summoned/tranformed troops, like bringing them in at level 1 in case they’ve gone missing.

9 Likes

Aside this is an awful bug, really nice to see Jeto collecting information from you guys real time. That’s way better than before when it just remained silent

3 Likes

Because I haven’t yet seen it mentioned, and it may help those affected: on mobile, clicking on the troop once it’s ‘unowned’ seems to consistently send it back into the ‘owned’ list.

Haven’t been keeping track on the number of copies for the affected troops, so it would be good to have confirmation whether that remains unchanged after a troop goes back to ‘owned’.

Additionally, just by seeing the 4 enemy troops in the pre-battle screen before starting pet rescue was enough to send said 4 troops into the unowned list.

:vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

Honestly, if this bug was implemented properly in a game mode, I imagine it to be quite fun.
Or turn it around the other way: A gauntlet with enemies in rising strength, where you can use each of your own troops for only one fight.

1 Like

Same Problème even if i restart some troops are missing. I tried to make a cation team in city of thieves or the deep hive.

since this morning after the update.

1 Like

To add to this, fighting your own team as training battle doesn’t remove the troops from your roster. Apparently those are still supposed to mimic your collection. :woozy_face:

3 Likes

You have to wonder, how they ever managed to give enemies a different number of active traits than your own troops, if they are failing with shiny status so badly.

2 Likes

Another troop issue. 2 fullly traited and ascended troops showed up as upgradable. Disenchanting all fixed it. I also have a lot of owned troops in my unowned list.

1 Like

6 Likes

(I guess, I’m getting quite a bit old, but putting some text on a few random images seems like a rather weak rhetoric tool to me, no matter how “all the cool kids are doing it”. If the punchline can keep up on its own, it does not need the visual crutch, and if it can not, it may not be worth posting.)

1 Like

I tested every mode I could think of (Explore, PVP, Dungeon, Adventure Board, Trial, Delve, Underspire, Raid, Vault, pet rescue), and once you fight an enemy it goes into unowned.
Unless, that troop is ONLY owned by the CPU (Dungeon Jarl Firemane, Burning Ctharr), and you don’t get that unique troop. Or, you have that troop in your current team (Zuul vs. Zuul).
EDIT: The only good news is, it didn’t invalidate a team I already had. (Was “missing” Emaladrin, but my team with emaladrin was still there, fully traited and gold leveled) You can’t build a new team with a “missing” troop, though.
Getting out of the game and back in resets it.
And then it starts all over again.

5 Likes

This is by far the worst upgrade issue I have encountered.

To Devs, will you give back the gems or torches that were used? Since this is already a repeating issue. About missing troops, I am really curious, how did you manage it? And are you really getting paid for such a sloppy job?

And I do like new UI and map. But, please fix this.

5 Likes