7.2 Update: Hidden Treasures

Originally published at: 7.2 Update: Hidden Treasures – Gems of War

Update 7.2: Hidden Treasures will go live on all platforms, except for Nintendo Switch, at 11am October 25th, 2023. Switch will receive the update at a later date to be announced. We have made some improvements to Underspire, as well as introduced a new encounter, Treasure Guardians. These changes require a new Underspire map to…

16 Likes

Thank you for the information. When will the update roll out? When will it be available in the Google play store for mobile?

2 Likes

if the patch notes are out, then whatever their equivalent time to last time is when we’ll see it in the next day… so 19-20 hours from now?

Also regarding weapon offers - before a player used to get an offer of a weapon they were missing, but with this new update will everyone get the same offer? So it might be a weapon you already have?

1 Like

Okay thanks that makes me nervous as hell…means I should not do any Underspire today as last time I lost all my progress after reset, and was never compensated for the progress I lost, only for the lanterns I lost.

4 Likes

The Twitter post says “later this week”: https://twitter.com/GemsOfWar/status/1716306490422612153?t=OzNraaSW_G2HYAQTclnH8A&s=19

so presumably the normal Tuesday/Wednesday rollout.

3 Likes

that’s actually really amazing.

I can actually justify buying Freeze Trinkets and Spell Armor Trinket (and maybe a few others if I felt like it) for some kingdoms and not feel silly to do it only for the Diamantina fight.

Marid’s Lucky Lamp seems ok. I think? wouldn’t really use it much, but… Orb of Minions, Orb of Glory, or the Vault Keys (if I felt like gambling) for $2 isn’t the worst. Could sucker me to buy if it was Major Orb of Glory, but I’m not that lucky.

The rest of the update exists. I don’t have much to say. Warband swap is welcomed, even if I have no need.

Good.

3 Likes

believable, though I’m not sure why they would want the patch notes out this early then

I’d imagine the safe thing to do is buy torches and wait for the update, but who knows. I don’t know how they’ll spawn Treasure Guardians on maps that are already pre-explored. Maybe we’ll see them added to old battles post patch, maybe we’ll have to wait for new unexplored areas to find them.

1 Like

Easy. Players asked the patch notes to go live earlier than at the exact time the update hits.
I’m actually very grateful for that. Makes the update day much less nervous and dis-organised.

9 Likes

7.0, 7.1 and 7.1.5 were all 1 day (their time zone) after posting the patch notes.

I don’t see how it makes any sense for the patch notes to deviate from that and release it multiple days early for a patch that could release on a Wednesday if that was the case.

Could I see a patch releasing Tuesday-Wednesday? sure. Probably not great if the patch is related to the Underspire. But then does it make any sense for the patch notes to release further out than normal? Not to me, but I value consistency over having it out as early as possible.

1 Like

I assume they are experimenting with how early they should do it. Nothing wrong with that. It is a live service game that changes constantly, so it’s good they are still experimenting and checking what works and what doesn’t.
I don’t have unlimited time to dedicate to GoW. So, a day early = good, earlier than a day early = even better. Is really extra 24h to calmly read the patch notes that much of a problem?

My guess is, as it was the case with all previous updates and changes to events, Underspire changes will most likely be applied from next Monday/weekly reset, not affecting events in progress; which makes a lot of sense, as it gives players time to update at their convenience before the new week with new rules begins.

2 Likes

This is actually a nice addition, given how (currently) there’s just zero incentive to play dead-end rooms at all and people have already started asking if there can be something to make them worthwhile.

As someone who mostly just uses the free Torches, I generally just aim for boss 2 then call it a week, so I definitely have some quantity left over with nothing else useful to aim for.

5 Likes

Rip

7 Likes

Match or activate? Many of my teams are explosive.

Also I’d like to leave my usual grumblings, that adding new achievements to a game with an existing achievement list is a very bad habit, that punishes completionists.

2 Likes

Also since the last Underspire disappearance of my progress and lanterns after the Update, I recommend everyone to TAKE SCREENSHOTS OF YOUR FULL INVENTORY, as this new update is going to move your entire inventory - which will hopefully not be empty afterwards.

2 Likes

@Kafka should we wait on doing Underspire on Monday and Tuesday to avoid missing out on guardian treasures or will they be put in next week? Also is the achievement for fighting 3 guardian treasure battles or finding 3 of the legendary troops in the chests? Thanks.

2 Likes

Destroy, so anything that makes them go away while still triggering their effect.

It’s just the game client displaying the data received from the server in a different place. Even if they mess that up in some way, the data on the server will still be around.

3 Likes

“Chests will now no longer display key counts above 999, but will display it as 999+”

That’s such an interesting choice… so will there still be any way for us to be able to tell how many keys we have without just blowing through hundreds of them to get below 999? Maybe from somewhere in the inventory? If not that is quite the interesting design choice…

7 Likes

This is great, thank you

5 Likes

Please let us have options to blow through our keys faster!
Especially a 10.000 glory and a 10.000 (or more) gold key button would be soooooooo valuable !!!

10 Likes