Fire and the Flames

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/fire-and-the-flames/

New Epic Troop: Pyrohydra The Pyrohydra will be available this week for 400 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. New Weapon: Facestick This week it will be available in both the Event shop, and in the Soulforge. World…

1 Like

So far away we wait for the day!

4 Likes

Keep Calm and Harvest Some Poor Gorgons’ hearts

2 Likes

Given how many hours I’ve put into Gems of War, “lives so wasted and gone” may be the more appropriate line from the song.

4 Likes

Tier 3 Sigils ( ~ 79 battles )

x 30 guild members required for Stage 12 rewards.
From the below image, best Tier 2 luck (75 battles) still won’t reach 867.
On the other hand, Tier 3 gets at least 81 battles, at least 883 points.

* Correction as per Hisspa’s post further below

There is only one optimal path => take Gorgon only when it is the only troop available

On the assumption that the map mechanics have not changed

• there is only one preset stream of “replacement” troops for each troop battled
  • the first 14 (or 15) replacements are preset from the first 3 possible troop types
  • the next 15 replacements are preset from the first 4 possible troop types
  • the following 15 replacements are preset from the first 5 possible troop types
  • the remaining replacements are preset, but can be any of the 6 troop types

And given

• there are no random multipliers

Then

• everyone using just free sigils will reach phase 4 (losses aside)
  • everyone will reach a state when there will only be Gorgons on the map
  • from then on, taking any map position causes the same preset “next” troop to replace it
  • everyone on the same number of battles without losses and avoiding Gorgons will have the same number of points
  • the number of tiers to buy for an equal point share in a /30 guild is directly observable from the leaderboard at these minimum breakpoints at worst Valraven luck (60=Tier 0, 66=Tier 1, 71=Tier 2, 81=Tier 3)

Except

• There is a new weapon. Just buy it (Tier 4)
  • If half of your guild are veterans buying into Tier 4 (+11 battles), the other half need only buy to Tier 2 (-10 battles).
2 Likes

It figures that Wild Plains is next week’s event kingdom when there is a Vault weekend scheduled. Depending on which troops get a 10% or 20% stats bonus, I might have to alter my preferred Wild Plains E1 team, Dust Devil and 3 Ironhawks. Normally, only Soul Gnome and mythic bosses would have more than 20 total life and armor in Wild Plains, rare enough that I can use my preferred team without too many slower battles. But some other troops may exceed that threshold with stats bonuses, so I might have to change it up a bit.

@cyberkiwi
Gorgon is not an Epic troop, it’s Ultra-Rare

This event must be celebrating Elwyn’s world record 100% Expert clear of Through the Fire and Flames on Lute Hero 3.

3 Likes

Here are the images to help you this week:

Reward Tiers:

Details:

Wild Ways World Event
Tier Buy in per member to close all rewards: Tier 3 (between 77 & 78 battles)

Battles:

13 Likes

3 Likes

Thx for the new weapon this time.
Should be more often as a good motivation for all players to buy more tiers.

2 Likes