Festival of the Sun

The event for the final class (Doomsayer) is this weekend.

1 Like

Oh, thank you…i was looking at troops and in-game events schedule…still Class events doesn’t require that much time but i’m happy regardless…! :slight_smile:

Noooooooo, it finally caught up to me!

4 Likes

That’s why I came here, I was sure it’s a problem for most of us. I have seen this map 30 times, I am out of sigils and just counted the levels of different cat sith’s caves.
It was plainly designed to steal our sigils without reward.

All players seem to have the same setup, no real rng.

1 Like

Lol this event…Hrm enemy team sure has a lot of armor and health…

Would be a shame if something happened to it all…

So… here’s a little math for ya.

Summer’s Wonder does 71+64 True scatter damage. That’s 135. I believe the medals are additive, so that’s (135*2.6)*2 for me, so that’s 702/4 = 175 true damage dealt to each enemy. Enemy Glitterclaw started with 231 health and had 45 leftover so it took 186 damage. That’s pretty close to 175.

There actual health was 128+231+138+115 = 612 and Orion was taking 1.5x more damage cuz of Faerie fire, but scatter damage isn’t dealt based on each enemy’s health level, otherwise my total damage would have easily killed all the enemy troops.

Dawnbringer on the other hand… I would have lost 7 Magic from not having green weapon or a staff. Summer’s Wonder does Magic+12 Scatter damage, whereas Dawnbringer does Magic+2 to each enemy. My magic in the picture is 59, take that minus 7 is 52 + 2 is 54 plus the boost of 4 yellow allies and 1 yellow enemy, that’s 64 damage to each enemy. (64*2.6)*2 = 332. Now clearly that’s a lot higher than 175, BUT it has to go through armor. So again it would have killed everything except Glitterclaw.

Glitterclaw is only 14 mana vs Dawnbringer’s 20, but you can use a team like Dawnbringer + Child of Summer + Shimmerscale + Summer Knight for the yellow boost and Child of Summer for converting brown to red and almost instantly fill up Dawnbringer.

That said… I like Summer’s Wonder here better.

5 Likes

Great. That’s just great. First I’m telling my fellow Orcs last week to set aside their hatred for the Elves and play as Archers, Orbweavers and Monks.

And now, I should ask them to unlock the Hierophant class weapon? I might as well just tell them to play as Blue Mana users while I’m at it. It will be anarchy in Grosh-Nak, I tell ya.

Although, it could unite the clans once more. Now that we’ve finally stopped collecting each others skullz, it’s a world event we can sink our teeth into. Faerie dragon stew, coming up.

42 more battles to unlock class weapon. Thanks for the pro tip, @igniteice. For the Horde. :axe::rage::shield:

4 Likes

Yeah, but given the much lower tier requirements and path to completion - DB, SW, or simply running 2xTitania will more than finish things.

Contrary to the CoC, I dare say requirements are too low this time ducks.

1 Like

Game mode is utter nonsense tbh.

1 Like

that exactly the score you get buying tier 4 and winning all/killing all ravens.

A nice totally non random but presented as random (and where you can decide something) event.

But all prefectly fine seen that event, dungeon and the gems on AB is the only thing i am gonna do today before going play an actual game.

Ps:oh and points needed for all rewards this time can be reeached easy at first glance, only 18 (of which only 9 bought up to at least tier 4) did it so far in my guild and we almost got reward 9 already) :3

The reward thresholds for this event make me feel like Council of Chiefs was definitely bugged. Why the devs wouldn’t say so, if so, is beyond me.

I think they’d draw less ire if they said “this is bugged for now, sorry, but we’re working on future events, so hang tight” would sit better than just the radio silence, even if no firm “fix date” were given, because from the silence many conclude “this is working as intended.”

Just my 2¢

8 Likes

Yeah, I am presuming there were some internal meetings amongst the devs/publishers after the first World Event.

Hopefully this this is the new model for future events now :pray:

EDIT* as far as reward stage points required anyway.

The event isn’t perfect. My only issue with it… And to be fair. It’s always going to be an issue in World Events.
Is the Weapon Restrictions.
Your game simply isn’t good enough to shut out a huge percentage of your player base by forcing them to use shitty weapons just to partake in the event.
And you can’t even tell me “Well they don’t need to use the hero.” The way you have class xp set up it’s really not a choice to not use a hero class if they want to level them all up over time.
It’s difficult to describe it as a fun event. It’s definitely not a head ache event though… I imagine I feel that way because of Dawnbringer. Those without I imagine will face a lot more adversity than those with DB are.

3 Likes

Well, this event will never be my favorite. However, I AM glad they put the reward stages to an acceptable level & took out the random scoring and made it “standard”.
I would like to see a small bonus based on level, though. A level 290 battle giving out the same rewards as when it was level 10 just makes it an unwelcome grind. Which is a huge reason I dislike this event as a whole.

4 Likes

Thank you for the improvements to world events. This one’s much better.

12 Likes

I’m predicting next months event will be called May Evolution. Considering Council of Chiefs and Festival of the Sun.
The official Acronym for the events being:
CoC
FotS
ME
:grinning:

1 Like

Yes everyone thank salty on tonight’s stream. This is night and day better than that CoC’d up event.

3 Likes

I wish the options wouldn’t jiggle around. It makes it hard to read the level of the opponents.

Tier 2 seems like it could be enough to reach 1600 points (I’m on 574 currently). This event is a nice improvement over CoC. I would HAPPILY buy tier 4 if there was a new weapon or troop there. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’m mulling over whether Tier III is worth it or not, myself. Basically buying an Aranaea token for 50 gems each…

With a new troop or weapon — even if they were worthless — it’d be a no-brainer