Festival of the Sun

Based on the apparent design, we’ll all bottleneck on this, and then slowly have to pick the lowest level Cat Sith until a non-Cat-Sith level pops up.
#GoWdesignskills
:relaxed: :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

For the love of god open an additional server please.

Fixed.

Level 10 Glitterclaw gave same rewards as level 270 Glitterclaw for me

2 Likes

Thanks, this is weird though

Thanks for this.

(@ everyone) Correct me if I’m wrong, though - I’m seeing a Valraven multiplier of ~2.5 for Sigils. We get 28 free Sigils throughout the week. 28 * 2.5 is 70. Smash has completed 70 battles, and scored 1,660, which is enough to fulfill his part of the event (if all guild members contribute equally). The battles appear to be shown in the same order to all players, as seen from the similar scores on Leaderboards. Therefore we can expect a similar score from anyone playing optimally.

Thus, the event should be finishable with just free sigils (if you don’t mind waiting until Sunday).

1 Like

Where are these rules ingame?

3 Likes

How do you know it is 2.5 multiplier this time?

Smash had 32 sigils from tier 6. You still need to buy 32 - 28 = 4 sigils or tier 2

1 Like

Ty - sorry, that was definitely an uncertain part of the calculations, just from looking at battles played by some guildies and me. That makes more sense (32 - 28), although assumes everyone has the same appearance rate of the birdies.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t bet on this assumption holding true. Those that don’t get offered high scoring battles won’t show up prominently on the leaderboard. There might be a fairly large number of players who always picked the best battles available and still rank a lot lower.

I use 2x for safety but 2.25x is closer. I take all free and purchased sigils and multiply. I have confirmed this across multiple events. And Tier 3 for an entire guild is what I ended up getting for safety to complete it.

3 Likes

Okay, looks like @Jonathan is right. After some testing new battles do indeed seem to get added in a fixed sequence, at least when always picking the highest rarity available.

2 Likes

Thank you for telling us this.
Personally I have spent 30 gems to get enchant and that is what I will use on these World Events. My guild is not required to do World Events, decided after the catastrophe called Council of Chiefs, we just use the free sigils.

Wow so they decided to be open about scoring, but since the fights are random then it doesn’t encourage team work as is still about luck.

They have apparently lowered the amount of gems needed to be spent to complete all rewards - for this event that is. There is no new troop and no new weapon. So we get nothing new this week, apart from the tokens, badges and medals converted. That just makes my decision to spend as few gems as possible even easiere.
It will not surprise me, if next or a future World Event with a new weapon will raise the points needed to get all rewards or that the gem cost will be higher - in some way they will try to make us spend more gems.

Then there is that there is nothing fresh and new about this event. The Kingdom is difficult, the race is different, the enemy troops are different, but it is so similar to Council of Chiefs. Imagine this being every week, when Raid Boss and Tower of Doom are changed to weekend events. :scream::scream:

1 Like

As you can see from Redi’s post above yours, that while it may be random, it seems to be a very consistent random.

5 Cat Sith rooms is one too many.

1 Like

LOL WHY is this team almost at 17,000?!?! I’ll have to test it out to see why! LOL

From the looks of it, I’m willing to give the World Event another chance:

• There is more clarity on scoring system (a huge improvement over what happened last time), however - why none if it is available ingame? Are you making it imperative that people join forums in order to be informed about the very basics of how the event works?
  • There is less random in scoring - fixed reward per room, albeit it’s still susceptible to what rooms one is given to choose from.
  • Predicted shop involvement seems more sensible.
3 Likes

Scoring is fixed at least, but the RNG on battle selection is still “garbage in, garbage out.”

1 Like

I was so happy when I logged in seeing it had a guild leaderboard and you changed it. Very disappointing. I simply don’t understand why guild based events even have a individual leaderboard and suggest to change this. More people would spend gems if it was a guild leaderboard and it would after all make a lot more sense.

1 Like

I am very happy with the effort (time) required change to finish this world event but looking ahead there is no weekend event and next week we have both ToD and weekend invasion!

The play time (or event design) required is quite inconsistent…I guess they are still gathering data to find the right balance (*cough gem purchases *cough) but hope we see reasonable decisions in the future