Fastest Team Farming on The New Explorer 4.6

I’ve been running Wrath, DoomedGlaive(Archer), Zuul and TPK.
(Banner really is a personal preference here given you arguably want every color).

Not much can really stop it even in Explore12, though Stoneskin+ troops slow it down unless I aim Zuul at them. Wrath’s Enrage combined with Archer’s Hunter’s Marks and doomskulls from the weapon generates this massive force multiplier and then Zuul adds even more skulls.

Cons: Explore12 Godslayer troops will guaranteed OHKO Zuul. And Hammerclaw has Stoneskin and Entangle immunity if you hit Blackhawk Merlantis, that one.

1 Like

I’ve only lost 1 mini boss fight with my current setup at level 12.

Sunspear - Essense of Evil
Divinia
Yao Guai
Queen Titania

It’s probably not the fastest, but you gotta have some bad skyfall luck for it to fail.

1 Like

More variants:
If there are no poison immunites on the opposing team, using Gimlet Stonebrew instead of Leprechaun and a maxed or near maxed Titan class is probably optimal. A single-3 alignment stonebrew is often enough to get you started, and a 4 alignment stonebrew often gets you a turn 1 scrop cast due to starting with a duststorm and passive explosions. You can do the same thing slightly less “safely” with Dervish (I still take lightning strike over dodge running this, it helps the flow a lot), or toss Gimlet in front and hazard slightly less optimal classes.

You can deal with most (eg., not also stun immune, ie dwarf) poison immunites with the Essence of Evil variant, including entire kingdoms worth if you replace your accelerator with Obsidius, eg., EoE/Webby/Scorp/Obsidious or EoE/Scorp/Obsid/Eury at the cost of some speed, but it still outpaces 40 some-odd irongut setups for me due to consistency. Although you will drop your green storm usually around the time you get your first kill, you generally want the brown mana at that point to finish the fight.

Gobtruffle setups seem to be the most consistently decent speed, but no matter which one I use, I can’t seem to push them under what tesla/rowanne setups are capable of, although gobtruffle tends to be safer. I’ve tried a ton of variants (doomed glaive/TMQ variant, qilin without an empowered accelerator, using dervish with my key variant to close battles more quickly) - every time I trade setup speed for closing power, it seems to roughly break even. Maybe with a maxed dervish and some magic medals it will pull ahead a bit, but with that kind of setup cost, I think I perfer all things Scorpy or Irongut. My low levels will probably stick to truffling for explore 12.

Didn’t have a whole lot of luck with Ubaset based stuff. Shame he was nerfed so much, most setups have him fall just short of a lethal hit even on a softened target first cast, which means you need like 5 drop turn casts to close a match. This one was okay:
[1056,6590,6571,6553,3010,2,2,1,3,1,3,0,14023]

I wouldn’t call it “slow”, but it isn’t exactly “safe” either, as switching to a non-dervish class or taking off lightning strike for dodge slows it considerably, and you can die to a easily couple skull skyfalls, even though it is rare. Doesn’t generally care about any immunites except instakill immunity, though, and even that can be plowed through with massive damage. Switching gimlet and hero might help for some kingdoms, like when they have a stun troop up front or when the hero is in danger of getting one-shot during setup… but enraged attack boosted hunters marked skulls do a lot of damage.

4 Likes

Thanks for this gold team. I am making 8,563 gold per fight at Warlord 1. I’ve also tried it with Plunder and Peril weapon in Leonis Empire. I am getting over 200 damage per cast (after maxing) when some of the City of Thieves troops are involved using that weapon.

I’ve maxed all classes, so Thief and Rising Shadows is cool, in some fights I’ve killed all 4 troops when killing 2. Dervish also works, can increase the magic damage. Currently 185/187 per cast without ‘lucky’ going off on the key in the standard team at cap.

2 Likes

I am running classical Rope dart team (Ishbaala, Moon rabbit, Hero thief with Hunter mark, Mercy) exclusively on level 12 typically under a minute and a half per fight extremely reliably. Same team works very well with minibosses and bosses.

1 Like

Very Nice! I’ve switched to Archer class because of the leaf storm. It helps get egg thief rolling quickly!

1 Like

I’m only getting 5635 gold per battle with the 2x Cedric team on explore difficulty 10. Granted my VIP level is not as high so my gold bonus is only 128%. But even at 155% gold bonus like you, I would only be receiving 6823 gold per battle, rather than 8563. I wonder what else is causing the big difference in gold intake here?

3 Likes

Same 155%, same team, I get 5935 gold per fight at lvl12

2 Likes

Are you using double Cedric? (edit: sorry I missed where you said same team…)

1 Like

No, same team as Sir_Stabs, but he gets over 8k per battle and at lvl10. At lvl10 I get 4797 per battle, he gets 4k more gold per battle. There must be something different in the bonus

EDIT: 6,3k with double Cedric

2 Likes

They said warlord 1 so the gold was probably before difficulty bug fix. Also they didnt mention the explore difficulty, tho it was probably 10

2 Likes

Found: casual PVP difficulty still affects gold, but not stats.
After a run at WL4 in casul, back to explore at lvl10 and with double Cedric I got 8.7k gold

4 Likes

Well, that’s certainly not intended. Enjoy this behavior while it lasts!

2 Likes

Shhhh!

(Required padding.)

4 Likes

Holy cow, you are right! I have been running explore with the arena difficulty selector set to normal and getting 8,700 gold per battle but I just tried explore at warlord 1 and am getting 9,700 per battle. Here is my bonuses sheet. (VIP 12, deathknight armor, ring of wonder, etc.)

1 Like

Human mang, holy st astra, ysabelle , ysabelle

Reliable, high defense, mid fast, very good synergy.
Avoid dispel troops like wisp as it slows down a bit.

1 Like

Mang/Gimlet/Apothecary/Keeper of Souls and Mang/Apothecary/Keeper of Souls/The Possessed King are my two favorite Mang variants… but I rarely use them. They average sub 1 minute times even with low player stats, but theres too much variance in times and they generally require too much focus compared to the auto-pilot style explore teams offered.

I stumbled on this kinda fun spam combo:
(Using a medal of Anu)
[6638,1222,6471,6677,3023,2,2,2,2,0,0,0,14030]

I’m getting kind of a ridiculous incidence of turn 1 Worldbreaker casts into many more Worldbreaker casts. Usually takes about a minute to reduce everything to nothingness with zero higher thought involved.

Don’t use versus anti-yellow or submerge.

Moon rabbit can be subbed for a troop of your choice, but the stuff I tested was not appreciably faster unless I needed to counter something (like traitsummons, spell armor, etc). Its all about Worldbreaker spam.

2 Likes

If you don’t mind just playing Urskaya, scorpius team seems fastest, with some battles in under 30 seconds. The only thing that slows it down is mecha gnome :face_with_monocle: and the inability to make a 4 match.

MC /titan scorpius TPK Euryali

Enjoy it while you can, one it gets a Doom troop you’ll have to watch out.

5 Likes

Maybe not the fastest, but I can clear most any level 12 without dying and it doesn’t require any mythics. It’s the most consistent non-mythic clear rate that i’ve found so far in the game.

Dragon Banner
Sunspear - Essense of Evil
Divinia
Yao Guai
Queen Titania

1 Like

Try it with a Leprechaun instead of TPK, it’s even faster

1 Like