Fastest Team Farming on The New Explorer 4.6

With 20% scorpius team is even faster.but I’m gone test you’re team as well. Looks solid thanks😎

testing this team

mountain curser (hero)(titan class)
the maraji queen (curse all troops) or gruz the undefeated (curse one enemy only)
scorpion
euryali

1 Like

I meant the 20% mythstone bonus which appears randomly around the map.

But yes, the 20% starting mana would help speed up both teams.

1 Like

I borrowed some of this from a guild mate.
This is fairly fast but extremely easy and fun. I’m sure there’s faster builds but finding it nice and solid.

Gorgotha
Jar of Eyes
The Gray King
Tesla

Any class - avoid anywhere where submerge.(although using sentinel and TGK that’s a none issue too).

Other combos

Weaver or 2nd TGK/Tina in slot 4 or a hero class with 40% skull reduction, still using Joe in first slot and Divinia or if you fancy another true damage dealer behind (dropping Gorgotha). Warpriest with enrage on 4/5 would work there I’m sure.

Fill the exploders - always cast TGK before Tesla. (To stop it being hit and less effective).

It’s usually 1 or 2 TGK casts and 2 x Tesla and all dead. TGK feeds you mana and often there’s 2, perhaps 3 troops sharing a colour.

I’m using Corsair, banner up to you, I’m using frozen for blue/purple.

3 Likes

To help out some.
First off, I am pretty sure the numbers are right. I searched for the following traits:
Undying: Immune to Poison, Disease and Death Mark
Fortitude: Immune to Stun, Poison, Disease, Death Mark and Devour
Invulnerable: Immune to all status effects, Devour, Mana Drain, Transform and Lethal
Impervious: Immune to all status effects, Devour and Mana Burn
Sturdy: Immune to Poison

0 troops immune
Urskaya

1 troop immune
Forest of Thorns
Glacial Peaks
Merlantis
Shentang
Sin of Maraj
Suncrest
Whitehelm

2 troops immune
Bright Forest
Broken Spire
Divinion Fields
Dragon’s Claw
Maugrim Woods
Pan’s Vale
Pridelands

3 troops immune
Blackhawk
Blighted Lands
Drifting Sands
Leonis Empire
Stormheim
Zaejin

4 troops immune
Adana
Grosh-Nak
Silverglade
Wild Plains
Zhul’Kari

5 troops immune
Darkstone
Karakoth
Sword’s Edge

6 troops immune
Mist of Scales

7 or more troops immune
Dhrak-Zum (10)
Ghulvania (19)
Khaziel (17)
Khetar (14)

I already found I missed one kingdom… if I missed more please let me know.

18 Likes

1 Like

In alphabetical order:

Adana(4)
Blackhawk(3)
Blighted Lands(3)
Bright Forest(2)
Broken Spire(2)
Darkstone(5)
Dhrak-Zum (10)
Divinion Fields(2)
Dragon’s Claw(2)
Drifting Sands(3)
Forest of Thorns(1)
Ghulvania (19)
Glacial Peaks(1)
Grosh-Nak(4)
Karakoth(5)
Khaziel (17)
Khetar (14)
Leonis Empire(3)
Maugrim Woods(2)
Merlantis(1)
Mist of Scales(6)
Pan’s Vale(2)
Pridelands(2)
Shentang(1)
Silverglade(4)
Sin of Maraj (1)
Stormheim(3)
Suncrest(1)
Sword’s Edge(5)
Urskaya (0)
Whitehelm(1)
Wild Plains(4)
Zaejin(3)
Zhul’Kari(4)

8 Likes

Thanks @awryan, fixed on both

1 Like

No poisen immunity in uskaya is nice but those damn bears hit like…well… Bears.

I’ve been playing difficulty 12 with:

Earth’s Fury
Rock Troll
High King Irongut
The Possessed King

It’s pretty decent against teams that are not immune to devour. Earth’s Fury just gets Irongut’s attack up a little bit quicker. I just make sure I cast Earth’s Fury once before casting Irongut.

1 Like

For those unfortunate (like me too :p) that dont have scorpy, bunny’nog on sword edge where most of them are knights make it pretty quick (even more with the help of classes like thief with hunt and rising shadow).

Gard is nice to use on sin of maraj seen he silence almost all of them.

2 Likes

Green variant/no Euryali

[1220,6470,6068,6638,3053,2,3,1,1,3,2,3,14020]

Works similarly to stated in the OP, but can handle a stray impervious, undying, or sturdy, but you are also safer trap to protect you after your initial leprechaun cast at lower levels without a barrier talent or holy armor, and need to start quick with a green storm since it won’t recour. Keep in mind that a +9 EoE puts curse on the first enemy every cast, which also resets the timer on entangle or any status that it currently has (inflicting any status does, and you can use this to extend Root Traps for the whole match without actually needing to cast on the first enemy specifically most of the time).

Some others:
[6745,1052,6320,6594,3050,2,2,1,2,2,3,3,14016]

I’ve found this isn’t bad if their kingdom doesn’t have anything super debilitating or submerge (works especially well in Khetar, where they have poision immunity anyways). Usually sub 45 second battles.

The key here is not really that CoG boosts armor for Tesla’s boost ratio but more that TPK + Sunspear + CoG gives a very high rate of success for refilling CoG + Tesla after every cast. For most kingdoms, three casts of tesla and everything does down, and CoG can take stray skulls or whatever while that happens. A recourring firestorm and passive explosions is pretty much required for this to work properly, so it is sunspear only, meaning no anti-submerge, and there really isn’t a suitable replacement for TPK either (and obviously not for Tesla/CoG).

Other tesla-spam setups that have her casting every turn also work, but often need four casts even without spell armor in the mix or take a bit longer to fill tesla.

For gobtruffle teams, I’ve found em a bit slow, but they are fairly fullproof even on lower levels unless the enemy team hard counters it (and even sometimes if it does). Leafstorm + root trap + leprechaun accelerator works best for most kingdoms. You can get away with this for fairly cheap:
[6045,6759,1214,6638,3053,3,3,1,1,2,2,3,14002]

But 80~90 second clear times leave a bit to be desired, and it takes even longer if you don’t have your magic boosts up to snuff. A variant to this is to use a brown storm class like dervish (bonus if you have lightning strike unlocked) with a Qilin in front instead of leprechaun in back and you don’t usually cast Qilin, but lack of an accelerator means you trade setup time for finish time - usually quicker but riskier for low levels, and you don’t have any anti-submerge unless you use a guardian class like Warden. You can, of course, use a storms 100 class to boost gobtuffle’s magic by 1 every cast, but that would mean using a maxed out class and also no Guardian tree.

[1052,6298,6479,6677,3023,3,1,2,2,1,3,2,14008]

My old skull spam PvP team, tweaked for having moon rabbit, and works even better since Anu’s Sceptre is buffed. In my experience, flows better than qilin/ishbaala, particularly due to the use of purple storm to keep up DPS while still throwing around plenty of yellow mana with conversions. Doesn’t need a Rope Dart or passive explosions nor does it really benefit too greatly from either due to mana blocking, since you want the assassin up front. Can be used with other storms and not assassin, but you generally play it a bit differently and the damage is slightly slower (warden, archer, thief, and dervish are good choices)

Times with assassin variant range are sub 1 minute usually but can go sub 30 seconds depending on your starting conditions and luck. Can work with lower levels, but you are vulnerable to getting one shot while setting up on bad boards. Can still win like that, but it takes pretty long.

Qilin/Ishbaala variants work (you know, the “rope dart team”) with and without rope dart (eg., doomed crossbow) but you can usually do better time wise.

I really can’t get an Irongut team to work for me thats fast enough. Just too slow/inconsistent start at 42ish attack without a buffer, too slow to close if I use Earth’s Fury. I could push that up by finishing a couple kingdoms and more attack medals (elite leveling irongut himself is not really feasiable when discussing farming strats, considering just how far out that appears to be at this point). I’ve failed 6-8 consecutive devours at even 50 attack in delves and tower of doom, so going in without a buffer would be out of the question on my low stat account, which has him in the 20s attack. This one is ok for low stats punching up:
But it still averages over a minute with 24 starting attack on Irongut.

Archer or Shaman is probably better here, this can go sub 1 min with reasonable irongut attack, but frequently doesn’t as his cast fails over and over and over again and it goes over 1min30.

An okay Rowanne based team that isn’t too expensive:
[1221,6087,6754,6755,3010,3,2,2,1,3,3,3,14021]
Sentenel is probably optimal here, but I was leveling plaguelord. I’ve tried other rear slots like Leprechaun or TPK, but I’ve found Xochi to actually offer better flow usually. Clocking at around 45 seconds for me.

Theres a few kingdoms that still suck, particularly the ones with empowered converters that like to show up every single battle to deny your main color. Even a lot of these green builds can generally outspeed and brute force through all the green deniers and you could swap for the mini-boss/boss if you find it took risk.

I haven’t found a consistently fast enough mang build for potential low level use that I’d want to use it over some of the other comparatively easy to build teams here. When I go skull spam, that one turn it takes to cast mang is usually the one turn the AI ruins my initial converter alignment, making everything drag out.

If all else fails, the ever popular skeleton key (cedric/egg thief/skeleton key/greed - prefer warden personally) will two-cycle pretty much everything at difficulty 7, which is probably optimal farming level for traitstones at midgame. Even my account that has a 23 life Greed gets more out of greed than Leprechaun because of the guaranteed extra turn for when the board isn’t so green heavy to start and cumulative bonus, still near maxing out my gold bonus by the second cast, which almost always happens while my storm is still up. If you can’t sub 90 seconds on difficulty 12, key team at difficulty 7 to farm mythstones and then gobtruffle looping (also comparatively easy to set up) difficulty 10 to maximize your badge and stone gain (possibly 12, though it hasn’t really been shown whether or not you have any better results from the boss chest there).

One thing to note is that a lot of these builds will benefit a bit from having a single 20% mana start medal equipped, possibly being set up a full turn earlier and thus saving a few seconds every battle. But it takes a while to even get that first 20% medal, and the 5%s don’t help at all for any of these (1 mana on irongut or scorpy, it is exceedingly rare that your first cast is off by 1, and it generally doesn’t give you a turn advantage). The ones that benefit more from stat boosts tend to be the slower ones already. For lower levels, defensive stat medals might actually help you not get one-shot while setting up. Stack cedrics if you are unsure, they allow you to brute force steamroll stuff you wouldn’t be able to otherwise (I just did a glacial peaks explore with a gobtruffle team on a low stat account).

18 Likes

That’s a lot of really great builds mithran. Thank you! Oh also, not just builds but excellent explainations on how to use them effectively!

2 Likes

Guys thanks for the teams and the list. Awesome work :sunglasses::sunglasses::ok_hand::ok_hand::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Here is my “safe” team that can reliably win any fight. Essense of Evil can just shut down any offense. Sometimes it can be fast with a good board for Glaycion

2 Likes

For anybody trying to make quick gold

I have been able to run difficulty 10 with this team reliably. Cast Skeleton key as soon as it is full, even if you will not kill anyone yet. Try not to cast Cedric because shuffling the enemy team makes Skeleton key have to work harder. Also, take any 4/5 gem matches you see to speed up your gold collection.

EdIt: Archer class… gain gold every turn, leafstorm at start of battle, and hunter mark enemies.

It takes me 7-8 minutes for a full mythic run of 6 battles. Skeleton key hits for 177 damage at 300 gold collected (my stats). After (my) bonuses, I get 8,703 gold per battle, 52,218 gold per mythic run. That is 7,459 gold per minute! Time well spent.

It is great for farming arcane stones because you can use this in any kingdom, though troops with reduction to magic are a pain (and team scramblers :rage: ). At difficulty 10, I get an arcane from the mini boss about 90% of the time. Cheers :beers:

9 Likes

Yeah some of my team m8s have been using this team. And it gives out a lot of gold.

Have some one tried it with 12x magic.
And dose the speed on how fast u finish 6 fight changes?

I don’t think magic boost would help that much. The main damage dealer is the Skeleton Key, via gold collected. It also lets Egg Thief destroy a few extra gems, but again that’s dwarfed by gold collected.

1 Like

pssst Stonehammer, Essence Of Evil, The Wild Queen, Rock Troll. This team works in ALL modes.

4 Likes

I’d suggest two variants of posted teams.

1. Shield of Urskaya/Rowanne/Gimlet stormbrew/Drowned sailor.

Using gimlet to fill shield, and drowned sailor to fill rowanne. Works a lot faster than the posted queen xochi one, with dual empowered converters.

1. Working Irongut team for d10-12.

Sentinel/earth’s fury
Irongut
Gimlet stormbrew
Moon rabbit

Preferably 1 or 2 attack medals.

Gimlet fills EF in turn 1. EF puts irongut to 100+ with one cast (pn d12 enemies). Rabbit fills irongut. Roll on.

Both lineups clear d12 fights in under 2 minutes, with all loading times counted (rowanne being fastest).

5 Likes