Famine badly needs a nerf

Me too, I had 4 Psion, Famine, Death, Famine fights and 1 that must of been a Kerberos, Forest Guardian leftover. At least it was different!

1 Like

use 4 dwarven miner. i can guarantee no famine can one shot any of them. plus they have impervious protecting them from deathmark. win-win.

I hate that team so much. I have beat it quickly quite a few times this week using Bat/Valk/Draak/Mercy but it still really boring.

I havenā€™t seen Famine as much this week with the Crimson Bat/Draakulis buff most of my battles involve them.

Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not fighting MM this week then. That might even push me enough to quit the game.

Thatā€™s why I try to keep it totally fresh for you with a DK with Anuā€™s Scepter. I wouldnā€™t want GWs to get stale. :wink:

When Iā€™m not facing 2xK,GS,FG or PS,X,2xF, I enjoy seeing what people have come up with. Iā€™ve built a bunch of test defenses that sometimes make it to my GW defense, but when Iā€™m short on time, you get a cheese sandwich. :cry:

1 Like

Down in one of the lower brackets, I got Psion/Ragnagord/Famine/Death. First turn mana surge for the AI meant Ragnagord fired on the second turn, more than halfway filling Famine (not to mention the mana going to Psion and itself). Keep it in mind as a way to break the monotony.

Famine is fine the way he is, except spell should cost 24+.

That statement seems to imply no nerf required, but the opposite is true.

Famine isnā€™t the problem, FamineS is the problem. Facing 3 of them where your guaranteed never to get a mana surge, lose 9 skill points a turn & face a 1 shot nuke that recharges quicker than anything you can get because of 3x Jinx.
Added to which he has massive armour & is usually protected by psion draining any mana you got by mistake. Basically need a lot of luck to beat this - if famine wins the initial mana race its almost always curtains.

3 Likes

Today in GW I fought Psion/Famine/Famine/Mercy I had a drainer, 2 mana generators and 3 summoners but Famine still got 8 casts off and killed my entire team including 4 Spider Swarms.

Fighting this crap in almost every GW battle is NOT fun. I honestly donā€™t know how much longer I can put up with this before I just quit playing.

@Saltypatra can you PLEASE do some testing with Famine at a 25 mana cost? with his jinx making it take longer to get any of my drainers up he should still be a decent threat.

I donā€™t think mana shield will help with the Famine problem because not enough decent troops have mana shield.

3 Likes

they would add/remove mana shield to/from troops - to balance them - if they did that trait rework,

so no, not necesarely not good enough, i think it would do just great

Mana shield would need to be on 3 or 4 of every colour and even then there will be colours that have mana shield on a few unusable troops.

probably just like with impervious troops: take it or leave it :wink:

but i think that would be completely fair option: weaken the team to be immune or try to fight with better team synergy - choice like always :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s not always possible in GW I have to use a 4 mono coloured team and if I use a weak team to be immune then they will have another damager that will destroy me or Khorvash will be on every team to stun the immunity.

well excuse me but that sounds like whining to me

for example i struggle with red team since void portal completely doesnt work for me and so i have to fight red with no summoner so i suffer greater risk but i just deal with it.
why dont you complain about traits/skills combination for each color about any other effect, not just one that isnt even added yet? want to remove some effect from the game just coz it doesnt have viable combo for all colors?

mana drain immunity would provide us tools to defend from it, what you wanna do with it is your choice but i think this would balance the famine well enough

1 Like

Mana shield is not a solution: they are currently only 9 troopsā€¦ And I dislike the ā€œyou want to be safe, take a full team with the counter trait (Warded against DM for example)ā€.
Moreover, boosting a trait only for only one troop seems strange to me.

Just put ā€œDiseaseā€ on Famine when he casts so he will be difficult for him to perma-drain.

1 Like

Because nothing is as broken as Famine. If Kerberos devours one of my troops I usually have something up or close to it to start damaging the Kerberos and I should have a chance at getting a drainer or silencer up before Kerberos can cast again.

I have NEVER said I want any effects removed from the game.

I think weā€™ve heard enough about where the devs are going with Famine, and this debate isnā€™t taking stuff further, just raising acrimonyā€¦ thereā€™ve always been opposed campsā€¦ thatā€™s why this is a forum.

Letā€™s see what changes happen, and hope they happen fast. If (as many have alluded) Famine is still a problem, and everywhere then letā€™s whinge some more and get it properly balanced.

3 Likes

i know but you said that if the effect wont be covered with all the colors that it means it shouldnt be in game the effect x shouldnt be in game coz it wont cover all colors >> apply logic

like i said few post above, devs did already say that if they implement the change they would rebalance the units with mana shield, add the trait to some, remove from some

anyway i dont care if its added to mana shield or made compeletely new trait - either way mana drain immunity is needed, and i hope it will be added

im tired of the mana drain effect and would like to bypass it like any other bypassable ā€œtiringā€ effect

all of the most ā€œtiringā€ effects should be bypassable to offer player choice to enjoy the game their way.

I NEVER SAID THAT OR MEANT THAT. If the immunity to mana drain is on useless or weak troops then it doesnā€™t make a difference to Famine problem.

if it turns out to be on usueless / weak troops only and wont counter famine well enough then i will support you with further ā€œnerf famineā€ requests with all my passion

but i believe that trait is needed to be added first, otherwise famine may be nerfed too much after the trait is added, or trait wont be added at all and the effect that takes a lot of fun away will not be countered (coz face it - mana drain is one of most annoying effects, you could see it with manticore and now with famine)

Mana drain is a general counter to spells and it seems better to keep it like that. The problem is that one troop can drain all without any drawback: as soon as Famine, a new race begins with Famine having some advantages (3xcolors + Jinx).

I read well your posts but devs are not going to put it on every useful troopsā€¦ This kind of solution will push players to focus on a tiny set of troops if you want to avoid mana drain (like the full Impervious team). I will prefer a new trait which force the drainer to target only the troops with the new trait (if there is one). So in this case, you need to put only one anti-drainer to protect your whole team ;-). Maybe a similar idea for Devour could be nice too.