Fallen Hero, probable bug

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
I was playing the Arena against an enemy who had a Fallen Hero in their line-up. This was thei very last card still alive. When he cast his spell, he did create the gems but he didn’t increase any of his stats. Maybe I misunderstood his spell, but since he’s supposed to also increase stats on a random ally, can’t this ally be him like for the Hag or the Goblin Shaman who regularly buffs themselves?

What are the steps to make it happen again?
Have him cast his spell with the rest of his line-up dead, and see if he increases his own stat.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!
Sorry, I thought that was odd but didn’t think of taking a screenshot and he was dead the very next turn. :confused:

Did he possibly increase his own magic? This wouldn’t be outwardly visible unless you inspected the card (though the magic boost animation should have still triggered when he spawned gems).

Yes, I did inspect the card and nothing changed magic-wise either. That was the first thing I did actually. Which is the main reason why I believe it to be bugged.