Eighth gem type: empty!

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
I made a match, and expected gems to disappear and get replaced as normal. I did not expect a hole to be left in the board.

Just for fun, I cast Alchemist on that hole. Despite having all seven colors represented on the board, only the hole changed to yellow.

What are the steps to make it happen again?
I have no idea.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!

I did record a video of this, just to prove that the game was still responsive to input. I can send it to an email address if the devs need it for some reason. I’m not even sure it’s worth trying to figure this one out. Just thought it was odd enough to be worth sharing.

4 Likes

This should be under Support Category instead of Gameplay Chat.

That’s obviously an octarine gem, it’s only visible to wizards and cats. :wink:

7 Likes

For what it’s worth, I originally made this as a support thread (hence the template text). I decided to change categories because ( a ) I don’t actually need support, ( b ) I doubt the issue is reproducible at all, and ( c ) I figured the thread would get more views in the gameplay category rather than in the support category.

1 Like

Huh! How bizarre! We haven’t seen this one before! Have you contacted support? :slight_smile:

No, I haven’t contacted support. I didn’t lose any resources, and this seemed like a very rare occurrence. I’m not sure what support would be able to do besides guess that a cosmic ray hit my phone’s CPU and flipped a color indicator to an invalid value.

I’m happy to pass along the video and the screenshot, but it won’t be because I need anything from support. Would you like me to do that?

Yes pelase, we would greatly appreciate it if you want to take the time.