Faction troop in Legendary Task -- boo!

Not happy about receiving a Delve troop in a Legendary Task!

The problem is that we can reliably get these from Chaos Shards, which are pretty easy to obtain, even for early-game players (well, late early-game). For any mid-game player, seeing this is just plain annoying, as they’ll be missing lots of Legendaries that they can’t target specifically.

Basically, it’s a troll from the developers, and we don’t appreciate it. Sorry.

2 Likes

If you were to get a faction troop. That’s one of the best ones to get. I’ll abstain from the rest of the idea. :grinning:

4 Likes

Hatters gonna hate

i got one as well (chief dragon) from LTs today. it was definetly a head-turner. but meh. could be so much worse.

1 Like

Fyi… This is not new though… It’s been happening since Factions were introduced. At least they took the Faction treasures out of LT. We received the legendary before, thankfully never got the mythic one.

2 Likes

This has been the case since factions were introduced. You have a chance at a Legendary troop regardless of it being tied to the Overworld or Underworld.

1 Like

I’m with @Starlite on this that it’s pretty disappointing and (imo) worsens the already low value of the LT reward pool, regardless of the fact that this has been the case for a while.

Edit: to elaborate on this, I can see a case where obtaining certain Faction Legendaries would be helpful for newer players who haven’t had time to level up their Hoards and amass many Chaos Shards. However, I don’t believe newer players are the target audience for LTs or likely to be in guilds that complete them.

With the amount of Chaos Shards able to obtained from regular Delving, it is nigh on impossible for such a player to not receive at least one copy of each Faction Legendary.

The same simply cannot be said with the same degree of certainty with regards to the general pool of Legendary or Mythic troops – and I’d expect it to differ by at least a factor of 10 – in my mind, enough of a difference to warrant different treatment in LTs.

Of course, we could just, uhh… nerf Chaos Shard/Faction Legendary drop rates (:scream::rage::no_good_man:) enough to make them worth having in LTs.

2 Likes

oml why would you suggest such a thing

1 Like

I think it’s a natural alternative conclusion to be drawn, and wanted my thoughts/feelings towards it to be known :stuck_out_tongue:.

To each their own I guess. I got infernus and ubastet from LTs when I needed them. That saved me 8k diamonds not having to craft them. Low value is the last thing that comes to mind when I think of LTs.

It’s a bag that has gold nuggets, diamonds, rotten eggs, and parasite-riddled manure inside of it. That you put your hand in and pulled out a gold nugget doesn’t make it “a great system”. It makes you lucky.

90% of the world’s problems involve people who mistake their luck for “the system works”.

4 Likes

I think that’s a really good point. I’ll take my gold nuggets and bow out.

Imo the delve troops are not even good enough to reliably use in the game mode they were created for…but the devs keep shoveling them down our throats. Im glad i have not seen them in an LT yet!

I got Xerodar today from another LT! What’s happening?!

I feel getting a Faction Legendary from an LT is a lot like getting Shade of Zorn by accidentally spending keys during his launch week – when I really needed Obsidius. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well said, @Jonathan.

1 Like

So in the 13 days since I posted this, my Guild received three troops from Legendary tasks… AND ALL THREE OF THEM WERE FACTION TROOPS!

Maraji Queen, then Xerodar, then one of the others (I didn’t bother trying to remember which).

Of course, this could be completely down to chance, but I’m simply not buying it. The drop tables need to be checked, and frankly the Faction Legendaries need to be removed. It’s not rocket science; it’s common sense. :angry:

3 Likes

I would exclude the Underworld troops from the drop pool. Chaos Shards are there for a reason.

It’s working as intended:

Yes, it might feel like a kick into your lower body regions. It’s supposed to feel like a kick into your lower body regions though, Sirrian is said to have personally confirmed it in the bug report linked above. Please try to at least maintain a somewhat happy expression on your face while doubling over in pain. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

Got my 5th Abynissia in a legendary task today :cry: