Faction troop in Legendary Task -- boo!

Not quite the same thing, but also frustrating. :heart:

Better than 1 gems and 1event with 700glory please I want my gold back :rofl:

We got ‘lucky’ by bagging the new legendary with only 50 keys (change key options please/nerf at once lol) only to get him again on our first or 2nd LT of the week on release day. Why is there no cool off like with post release appearance in glory/gem chests. Event keys are precious; we need a flexible approach to using them, like we have when buying the glory troop.

Well, with a non-Delve Legendary, I’m pretty keen to get 6 copies so I can get it to level 20 with a single Major Orb of Growth – gotta use 'em for something.

This week, our poor little guild that has scrimped and saved for the last three weeks (kind of kidding, Appeal to Emotion) has so far managed to complete 8 whole LTs!!!

Of those, 2 contained Legendary Troops, both of which were Faction Legendaries (Deep King, Xerodar). Boo!!!

images.jpeg

On the one hand, it could be said we were lucky to have received so many Legendaries to begin with. On the other, I’d prefer that luck to feel more rewarding – otherwise you’re nibbling away at my psychological carrot.

Faction Troops are obtained via a completely different system to the rest of the Troops available in LTs, and shouldn’t be treated as equivalent in their rewards (Appeal to Logic).

This is also exacerbated by the increased availability of Chaos Shards for players of varying levels through the Adventure Board and Epic Tasks.

Moreover,

Whether or not it has been like this since the Underworld appeared has no bearing on whether or not it should continue to be so – from a logical perspective, anyway.

Of course, in light of LTs being gated by ~30 mil gold’s-worth of ETs because

, I can see why a proposal to increase the value of those Legendary Troops might be unlikely to happen (note that if you agree it IS an increase, you’ve also acknowledged the issue/reasoning :stuck_out_tongue:).

Nonetheless:

• Since we don’t seem to have decided to remove LTs entirely, I think we should at least do them properly

• With LTs being harder than ever to reach, it just feels like even more of an oversight for Faction Legendaries to continue to be included in the drop pool despite valid reasoning against it.

8 Likes

One of our members had to use 800 shards to get a Gobtruffle today. Had I known he needed one, I would have dropped 100 Million gold in Guild tasks and hoped to pull one that way. Oh, but I don’t have 100 M gold. I guess shards are the better method.

No way Faction troops should be in a LT; not prior to 4.7, and absolutely not after. And this is coming from a Guild that won’t smell a LT ever again. Allegedly.

Edit: If Faction troops and treasures aren’t available for crafting in the forge with Diamonds, then I think they should be excluded from a LT purchased with gold.

6 Likes

Agreed. Faction troops have no business being in LTs at all. We throw shards at them when factions are released to get them mythic so why would we want more of them from ANY other source? Guardian troops stay in guild chests and faction troops should stay within the portals. Our guild no longer reaches LTs but I would certainly be dischuffed if I got a faction troop. LT rewards following the 4.7 travesty should be weighted according to the grind involved. In other words they should be stellar.

5 Likes