Faction Hoard Bonus +25% not showing?

To say the faction boost does nothing is a bit unfair. 25% on top of lv100? Yeah that doesn’t do a lot. But 50% on top of 200 will make a difference.

1 Like

The trick, of course, is acquiring enough treasure to get to level 200.

2 Likes

It’s actually easy if you are willing to put the time in each month. Doing 3 daily scrolls (preferably in a lv20 farming delve) and the weekly delve events (Tier 2 or 3) you should get enough shards to take each new delve to lv200.

It takes approximately 20,000 XP to get your Hoard to level 200.

Each chaos portal yields, on average, 21 XP of treasure. Use the drop rate table, multiply each treasure’s drop rate by the XP it awards, and add them all up. It costs 20 shards to open a portal, which means 1 XP for your Hoard costs 1 chaos shard.

This, in turn, means spending about 20,000 chaos shards to get a faction’s Hoard to level 200. You can reasonably make 220ish shards each day farming City of Thieves, for a total of 6600 shards in a 30-day month. Add 1000 shards per weekly faction assault, which brings you to 10,600. As a guess, you’ll get about 1,500 shards from other sources (shop rewards, adventure boards, guild event reward tiers, etc.) So we’re at 12,000 chaos shards out of the 20,000 we needed. That means you need to make 8,000 shards up during the only event we haven’t yet considered: the release of a new faction. I don’t think it’s possible to earn that much, which means it isn’t possible to earn 20,000 chaos shards in a month, which means you can’t get the 20,000 XP necessary to level a Hoard to 200.

Some further wrinkles:

1. That 21 XP per chaos portal includes all treasure rarities, which means you have to spend every single Coin Purse and Gold Ring you get. If you only want to spend Crowns and up (saving you literally millions of gold), the amount of XP per chaos shard drops to 0.75, meaning you need 25,000 chaos shards to reach Hoard level 200.
  2. If you are trying to earn 8,000 shards in a weekend, you will basically have to complete the faction, meaning you must buy quite a few potions of power. This makes it easier to finish the faction without spending to Hoard level 200, and means a savings of potentially 15,000 chaos shards for that month.
  3. Edit: I forgot about treasures you get from buying tiers in the shop during faction events. This is another source of XP that does not come from spending shards.
9 Likes

I currently estimate 13k shards needed for hoard 200. That’s a long way from 20k?

I showed my work. If you can tell me where I made a mistake, I’m happy to hear that it takes fewer shards. Yes, 13,000 shards seems quite achievable in a month if you play daily and take advantage of all faction events.

From the data gathered on last post here

If you add all those shards spent up you get 38,500 (slightly less than 3 x 13k)
If you add up all the treasures you get pretty much exactly enough to take 3 hoards to 200. (59,655xp to be exact)

Pretty sure the advertised drop rate doesn’t reflect at all what we usually get.

1 Like

Today’s delve images -

Still not showing the correct bonus for the battle.

1 Like

Well, that’s lovely. It would be nice if the devs would change the tooltip to match reality, rather than the other way around.

Just checked it by myself: first delved with a tank team (no kingdom bonuses) and without 25% boost, then upgraded Leonis Empire to level 12, checked “Level” tab - it shows boosts, - but then I checked team bonuses - nothing changed, and for troops (in the battle mode) as well. Some coder forgot to add these 25% to stats.

6 Likes

Bonus stats are not shown for me either in the Bonuses tab. I upgraded Merlantis and in Bonuses it says I am getting 18, 9, 36. 36 from the hoard, but in the Treasure Hoard menu it shows correct 22, 11, 45, 45
I’ll add screenshots later when i catch wifi

2 Likes

So just to confirm, Is the 25% not being added to the stats in the actual battle? Or is it just a display issue in the bonuses tab?

Looking at the data provided, @awryan gets the bonus for Mist of Scales at upgrade level 13, @xolid99 and @Nullings don’t get the bonus for Leonis Empire at upgrade level 12. Maybe the bug is actually that the extra stats get applied to troops one upgrade level too late?

That’s what I was thinking when it was posted.

I looked at another faction with level 100 hoard and it gives the bonus I get in the Leonis battle, 20,10,40,40 when I lift it to 111 (without raising in game). So the hoard is working correctly, just the bonus.

Stats are not being added for me and @Nullings at 12 in City of Thieves. Base magic damage with King was 42 at 100 hoard, it’s still at 42 with 25% boost (and incidentally did not rise when I added 1 magic with 111 hoard, probably at a point where it rounds down still).

Is it working correctly or Not?

It’s not working properly in Leonis from evidence so far. If anyone else has raised Leonis to 12, they can also see, or any other faction via kingdom level to 12. At 13 it is working for @awryan but different (Dark Pits). Maybe a beta tester can try it too.

1 Like

Is there anybody around who has Mist of Scales at upgrade level 12? To check whether this issue is related to upgrade level 12 vs. upgrade level 13 or Leonis Empire vs. Mist of Scales?

1 Like

Ok this is what bee getting from MOS

1 Like

Not working, you should be faction team delving with 32 attack, 16 magic, and 65 each to armour and life, not 26/13/52/52.