Extra laggy (graphics-wise) since last mini-update

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
I’ve noticed an acute onset of graphics lag/fps drops, especially with large gems match chains and with activation of Mab’s spell since the last mini-update (2.01?) and was wondering if anyone else has noticed the same. I’ve noticed that exiting from chat has helped a little but does not fix the problem back to the pre-update baseline. I’m playing on iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.

What are the steps to make it happen again?
Using any gem converter or Mab’s skill in-game.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!

Try opening Chat, and then leaving via the “Leave” button (not “X”). Chat on mobile is unreliable and a huge performance and battery drain. It’s best to leave it entirely disabled.

I’m also experiencing a bit of lag even on PC. (No, my notebook is not old or anything.)

Exactly what Lyya said. Disconnect from chat through the “Leave” option.

Chat makes my game unplayable. Massive lags, extra graphical errors, etc. If I only connect to chat when I need to see what is going on with the Guild, I’m OK. If I leave Chat open, one match takes 3-5 times as long, worse if both teams are using status effects.

It is especially noticeable when a troop is summoned after the death of IK or Gorgotha.

Thanks the tip Lyya! The lag seems to have improved quite a bit. Really hoping that they fix the chat problems soon (I actually like my guildies…)

Just wanted to add that having followed the chat disconnect steps above I too have noticed a substantial improvement in ‘in game’ performance, similar to the OP.

It’s not perfect but the graphical delay/stuttering I was seeing on my iPad Air (which seemingly steadily got worse the longer you played) is far reduced to the point where I can now at least bare to play more than a handful of games in a sitting.

Thanks for the heads up!

No problem.

@Sirrian, @Nimhain, tagging for more visibility. I’m not sure how many customers this is impacting, but I doubt everyone who encounters it searches for help here.