. Dudes, did anyone get Pharos-Ra in event chest or other chest this week?

The first assumption was that it was in there, then we had no confirmation of drops from event keys across multiple people of different guilds.

Just because you think the system is infallible when it clearly isn’t doesn’t mean it’s unreasonable for people to want more investigation into a possible issue.

You’ve said multiple times that people didn’t “get what they want”… it’s not about “every single time someone doesn’t get what they want”, it’s about further investigating a possible issue that multiple people are encountering, that’s all… There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that

1 Like

But they did investigate it and said it was working. And people still weren’t convinced. That’s where the problem lies. It’s double confirmation, not confirmation.

It’s confirmation that it was in there BEFORE deployment. There’s zero confirmation it was in there AFTER deployment.

1 Like

And we said Wayfinder wasn’t in gem chests. And they said it was. And we weren’t convinced so we showed them it wasn’t. And they fixed it.

We said that guild tribute bonus wasn’t working. They said it was. And we weren’t convinced and did statistical analysis to show it wasn’t. And they fixed it.

edit: This is in no way a condemnation of the devs, merely the statement they are human too. And it is better for everybody when everybody knows things are working as intended.

7 Likes

I rest my case at “this week has ended” :wink:

1 Like

Again, where does it end? If they came back and said, “We have double-confirmed” then you’d be happy? Why is that any more reassuring if you straight up don’t believe them when they tell you something? And if, as you say, they’ve fought you on things that you were right about, then how does them double-confirming mean anything?

The problem is that you mistrust them and double-confirming doesn’t solve that.

Independent verification does. And as of yet, we don’t have any.

2 Likes

So far I have seen many people come out and say they have not found a Pharos with hundreds if not thousands of event keys.

How many have said they have found 1? This is where I’m confused why there is so much reluctance against those whom might claim it actually is broken. Where is the proof its not? I did not receive a Pharos, although I didnt open hundreds, only opened 50 and I’m sure there are many others like me that didn’t get one, but didnt open so many that we thought we should have received one.

Collectively as a group, how many have? and how many haven’t? How many keys were used? These are the questions that will lead us to the answer.

3 Likes

You are absolutely allowed to ask these questions and thoroughly discuss them here as well. You won’t find definitve answers this way though. Chances are if any of the literally thousands of active players who don’t visit these forums, got a Pharos they are currently in the game enjoying the living crap out of playing him and not wasting a thought on this thread whose existence they have no clue about.
Again not trying to stop this discussion, quite the opposite, i think it is good to keep the Devs on their toes, maybe make them double-check. Just don’t expect anything definitive from it.

Totally fair point, we may not get definitive proof that they are NOT in the chests. However, if some forumer who might’ve missed this thread happened to post that they did in fact pull Ra from an event chest during the event week, or that their guildmate did, I think that would be definitive confirmation. So while negative confirmation may not be possible, based on what I’ve read in the posts above, positive confirmation is just 1 post away :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! Amazingly, I just pulled a 4th one with a gem key. So, with four of them stacked, the soul cap is now 280, and the PVP souls payout is now 826, with the Explore Warlord IV payout at 1,176. That’s at my current soul bonus of 2.95.

1 Like

I can’t speak for the others here but honestly if Sirrian came back and said “Yes, we can see from our data that players were able to pull Pharos-Ra out of Event chests during the week (last week).” then that would be enough for me. I would assume they have this data (it would be silly not to) and I have no reason to believe Sirrian or @Saltypatra would lie to us (if anything they tend to be overly truthful even when they don’t have to be) so I’m happy to take their word if they say that they looked and can see that it was working and players were pulling them as would be normally expected for a Mythic Event week.

That would be a big difference (from what was previous said by Sirrian) and would settle it for me.

4 Likes

I trust Sirrian, so l opened another 700 event chest, total 2300 chest(400 event key and 25000 gems), no Ra~
Maybe l just unlucky, but next time l won’t do that again…

4 Likes

ouch 25k gems, have a like, that appears to be the only consolation i can give you at this point.

I was reading this thread and did not contribute st the time and was waiting for devs answer. I opened 700 event keys and no pharo.

I am not great at maths but skimming through there were 5000 key opening confirmed. No pharo is quiet possible even if on average that represents 5.

However I suspect there are lots like me who did not bother commenting.

I also suspect if I had pulled pharo I would not even have noticed the thread…

1 Like

I double checked with Sirrian yesterday and he confirmed that Pharos-Ra was put into event chests.

4 Likes

@Saltypatra, I appreciate you getting back to us and I hate to keep beating this drum but does that mean Sirrian can see that some players actually found Pharos? Saying that it was put in is not the same as saying players were finding him. If the first happened but the second did not, there’s still an issue.

2 Likes

@Saltypatra

He confirmed earlier in this thread that it was in there prior to deployment. What we don’t have is confirmation of whether or not it actually ended up in chests. It seems odd that nobody here got a single one.

3 Likes

Thanks for checking back in. I really appreciate it.

Just to illustrate why some of use are still asking about this:

It was “confirmed” by the devs that a problem with GW was fixed mid-week last week. It’s still happening.

It’s not that we don’t trust or respect the Devs - speaking for myself I think they’re the best bunch I’ve ever dealt with.

But the reality is that bugs happen and it would be nice to make sure this isn’t one as well.

2 Likes