Dragon Soul not hitting first enemy

Platform, device version and operating system
iPad 6 (iOS 11), and possibly also Steam

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened
Casting The Dragon Soul, I expected to see the first enemy first take Skull-destruction damage (usually small), then the 8+ damage dealt to every enemy troop by the cast.
In fact, the first enemy took the Skull-destruction damage, but NOT the subsequent 8+ damage of the spell.
Additionally, I thought I saw the first enemy completely avoid damage from other sources one time, but I can’t recall if that was Queen Grapplepot or Gorgotha’s Skull-destruction or a Skull match.
Note that I couldn’t see any traits or status effects that would nullify the damage.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Happened in the Crypt Keepers Faction Event, in approx 10% of battles. Some rooms seemed to have more chance than others (it’s hard to recall, but I think Vampire Hive or Witches’ Coven may have been the most common). Once it started happening, it seemed to continue for that troop in further casts.
The one time I absolutely, definitely saw this happen was in The Iron Gate, and it happened to the troop in second position because the first troop was already dead.
Every form of this issue I saw or half-saw definitely involved the first live enemy troop.
I’ll try to write down whenever I think I see this again.

Was this a once-off bug or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen after doinga particular game mode?
Not consistent, but regular. See previous.

Steps to make it happen again
Cast The Dragon Soul’s spell and watch the damage done to the first enemy troop. Also worth testing other damage sources.

1 Like

Did you finish the match with the troop still on the board? The “ghost troop” bug leaves troops on the board when they die, which is consistent with the behavior you are reporting: a troop that doesn’t interact with spells or gems at all.

1 Like

Yup I have noticed this happening too

Hi @Starlite

1. Are you using WiFi or Ethernet connection?
  2. Can you remember whether or not the ‘ghost troop’ was killed (or may have been killed) by either
    . A Doomskull match
    . A spell that ‘Explodes’ gems which targeted a Doomskull?
    . Any other Troop that casts an explosion spell.
  3. What Troops were on your Team when the issue occurred, and what status effects were active?
  4. Did this happen more often on iOS?

I thought i had seen this, but was not sure… Definitely going to be keeping a closer eye on things now.

Were there any Troops with Agile or Dodge Traits on your the enemy team? Or Doomskulls on the board?

Was definitely on Wi-Fi on the iPad (not on the PC). I’m afraid I can’t answer the other questions except to add an image of the most likely team I was running at the time, screenshotted on the day.

I get the feeling this might have been associated with ghosting, but not Dodge. However, I have no memory of a ghost troop with an empty slot between it and properly live troops.

Haven’t noticed it since (probably because I haven’t used TDS for anything else). Sorry I can’t help more.

1 Like

Thanks @Starlite

The team have put in a fix for ghost troops in the next update, 4.1, which should fix the issue.

2 Likes