Don’t stop believin’

Why are you using her in Guild Wars?

Because when she works, she wrecks.

Very high point potential.

1 Like

You can get some exceptional scores whenever she feels like helping you instead of your opponent.

Very high chance to fail as well…

True, but you can nudge it towards being more favorable, and prepare against the worst. It’s just skulls, not doomskulls, so the damage can be mitigated fairly reliably.

1 Like

Yeah, as well as if she misfire its not always game over, you might get a 2nd chance or a way around.

Any spell where you cannot control howbthe gems are generated runs the risk of backfiring badly. It happens to me all the time when I use Wild Queen, but you can mitigate the risk like @Fourdottwoone said. Freeze also ensures they don’t get more than one skull match.

Essence of Evil also works wonders in this event for shutting down potential Wild Queen backfire. Even if the first troop gets transformed into a Toad it’ll be a lot less powerful at half level.

I very highly doubt her spell generation got tweaked just for the Journey event.

2 Likes

Even if she misfires, your front troop will have significantly more attack and one selected opponent troop will have significantly less attack. At least in GW, against level 500 PvE troops the impact is pretty low.

1 Like

Yeah, might be worth the risk. Good points or a 2nd chance, both possible.

Can we please get a clear statement on the achievement “I would walk 20,000 miles” ? Many of the achievement texts include the words “in a single event” and this one does not. Can you confirm that it is cumulative, where if someone scores 10k in this journey, and 10k in the next, whenever that is, that they will unlock the achievement? @Jeto @Kafka Thank you.

3 Likes

I’m betting that the devs are not entirely sure. They will wait to see what happens and claim that it is working as intended.

6 Likes

I think the base miles should definitely increase over the course of the journey. Plinking away at 30, 35, 40 over and over and over wears thin, even with the teams faced being changed each time.

EDIT also to say: Add TINA to the list of troops that are murder at high levels :joy:

4 Likes

This event was a lot of fun for a while, more fun than most of the other events the developers have thrown at us. But now I’m at a point where matches have turned into a lengthy chore, and the only reason I’m still doing them is because I fear the Journey-related trophy is going to turn out to be one of those “in a single event” thingies. Or that it’ll be Forever and a Wednesday before another Journey rolls around. Or that I’ve already invested in two Tier VII purchases and may very well have to purchase a third and that’s putting a crimp into my Gem supply. (Which I was saving up for next weekend’s Cosmetic Pest Rescue because I think I might need Quetzantini for the purposes of kingdom stars in the not-too-distant future.)

The matches just aren’t worth the rewards at this point. It’s probably impossible at high levels to get anything other than “base miles - 10” because every enemy is a damage sponge at this point. Sure, the developers would also have to re-jigger the reward structure, but I think it would be beneficial if rewards increased at higher levels. Not necessarily by an excessive multiplier, but having battles against Level 20 or 60 enemies be worth the same as battles against Level 200 or 600 enemies is adding to the frustration.

Again, I approve of this new event. It’s refreshingly different enough. But that doesn’t mean it’s perfect and that doesn’t mean there can’t be improvements made.

5 Likes

The Journey . What an arrant arrogant approach to a new kingdom. The journey is no fun what so ever. Its grind and obvious pay wall in the worst possible way. WE HAVE STOPPED BELIEVING. I hope the game stats and gems buys show it too. The BUGS already confirm the rubbish this is.

3 Likes

I’m truly curious. What exactly makes this event “refreshingly different”? Other than a different background image while picking battles or the fact instead of “points” they’re calling them “miles”?

2 Likes

Title is wrong. We stopped believing a long time ago.

5 Likes

Let’s stop believin’

When a article or post for updated information could you please link it. Not everybody knows about the support page meaning this https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/115001569263-Known-Issues . If it wouldn’t be to difficult when things like this is made could post the link or edit your post to tell people has been done. Most didn’t didn’t know till the next day. I only noticed it because a forums user posted and not a Dev. Thank you - :cookie:

4 Likes