Don’t stop believin’

Ah, great reminder! I have seen that suggested before, and it would work just like Guild Wars so the framework is already there.

Great solution — all but the newest of players have Mang, so there’d always be a way to win no matter how high the stats of the opponent rose :+1:

2 Likes

Quit copying and pasting shit and come up with something original. First we had delves… But with enough gold or treasures a player could scale high enough to use somewhat decent teams and though there are restrictions. By using 2 colors it only closed off like most but not all troops.
From that they created World Events. Where the restrictions are decided by RNG, but players are able to buy medals to always give them a fighting chance.

This is exactly the same as world events without the medals. Which you decided to take the time to credit the devs for that originally started this discussion.

Meanwhile they put out a carrot knowing players will chase it to complete 20,000 miles at least once. Even though the devs themselves have played maybe 2000 miles of the event combined.

So essentially, knowledge is what I’m asking for. It is a fn game, balance is supposed to be important in other ways besides them using it as an excuse to rebalance the things favorable for players.

2 Likes

I think @Magnusimus and I are fully capable of speaking for ourselves. And though I know this a public conversation. If you think you’re helping by butting into it…I question why you feel you can advise me on how to be. While me basically telling Magnusimus not to credit the 100 ways where RNG could of saved my ass instead of letting me roll an “insta loss”. Sounded exactly like something a dev would say who always blames the player and never shitty or bugged designed events.

Weapon restrictions should NEVER exist in any world event or journey.

To be fair. This portion of the comment I liked because it’s actually talking about our opinions and your own. And not how one forum member should interact with the other.

2 Likes

Precisely. Only 3-4 times slower because no good medals can be selected. So it is a bloody time sink…

3 Likes

I didn’t copy and paste :man_shrugging:

Sorry to have upset you by being repetitive in my phrasing. I wouldn’t think it’s strange that my posts are fairly consistent, both in content and presentation, but I guess others might disagree.

For future this is what a copy-n-paste from me looks like in any post that isn’t a template (so data-gathering tables only, where all I do is copy the format to fill in the info, like in the Arena Data Gathering thread). The forum automatically formats it, and I don’t undo the formatting:

I agree with the above, covertmuffin123’s just said it more succinctly and with less clapback.

But I chose to meet sarcasm with sarcasm when words were put into my mouth.

But WAIT — I am not infallible! :joy:

I just realized you want the Devs to stop copying and pasting, not me :rofl:

Ah, well — the post is written, and I still don’t know how to strikethrough, and I can’t bear to just delete it all because I took the time to write it and I’m not the best at letting go.

But to address what you actually said, now that I’m understanding more clearly (I hope!):

Yeah, I’d like to see fewer cookie-cutter things in the game, too. I think the teams I’ve been facing in the event are pretty varied compared to other events (slogging through the same dozen teams in delve events is a real chore, for just one example), so I think it’s at least a step in the right direction, what they’re trying to accomplish here.

Does it actually feel new? I don’t think so. Fresh, sure — at least, fresher, since more than the usual roster of troops is on display, but it’s still not as varied as it could be. And it might get old if this particular set of troops becomes as old-hat to me as the delve teams are.

But for there to be something that actually feels new I think there’s going to have to be a radical new game mechanic. I was hoping the Nexus would bring it to us — an Overworld where some totally new thing (a Horde Mode, maybe, or a heaven-space where all previous content would need to be unlocked Celestially, and to do so would be really hard but would allow 5 team slots or something, a better idea). Alas, we didn’t get it.

I’m still waiting on a lot of actually-new things we haven’t gotten: medals that do unique things rather than just stat-buff being chief among them. Heroic gems that don’t break the game or introduce more randomness are another.

Please don’t think that just because I think World-Events-without insta-win-medals is better than World-Events-with-insta-win-medals that I in any way believe the former to be perfect.

Journeys aren’t perfect.

They just don’t strike me as being broken, either.

3 Likes

Same exact team that I used before.

The only difference. Goblins never cast this time. Probably because a Valraven wasn’t in the match to tell RNG to work harder to f me over.

I enjoy GoW when it’s skill based. And I’m not relying on luck or RNG. Gems of War on November 17th, 2021 is FAR from perfect.

But they think throwing out new content will excuse all the issues. And maybe it would, if the new content was actually fun.
I am happy for those enjoying the event. But the majority aren’t. And the majority needs to be won over for this game to survive. Unfortunately, the devs will only listen to the minority and blame everything but themselves for the reason they have the lowest amount of daily players currently than ever before.
So whether folks agree with me or not. Numbers don’t lie.

But but, it has new fancy map where you select your battles! :grin:

2 Likes

Would you like more points for the same bull shit or less points?

Oh curve ball. We will give you a minor stat boost for the remainder of the battles if you occasionally select less points.

:roll_eyes:

And I hear that Journey miles for the achievement don’t have to be earned just this week but will carry over to the next event.

Do I trust the code to make sure that happens? F no.
Do I trust the devs to make up the missing points to unlock the achievement if the points bug out? F no.

So I grind this week not for fun, but because of trust issues after playing GoW for 5 years.

Not exactly a great motivator devs.

300 keys in and now I have found all the other repeatedly. Just not the star…

It is scary to think of that this is even a thing or possible…

1 Like

I haven’t lost every Valraven match. But of the 3 matches I’ve lost thus far, all had Valravens in them.

And the last 2 came down to a cascade being favorable to the AI and my troop dying from skull damage right at the end.

So the stats are favorable to the AI, when getting extra sigils the RNG is favorable to the AI, untested bugs are favorable to the AI.

So what does the player have to their advantage? A human brain?

Yes… And that human brain is telling me and others that only fools waste their time, energy, and money on gambling games designed to always have the deck stacked against you.

But it’s a guild event, so peer pressure will result in 75% more players doing the event than the event deserves. Basically the concept that GoW has been banking on for the past 2-3 years.

Same exact teams on offense and defense.

I didn’t lose a single troop. Why? No Valraven in that match.

Try this team…lost 1 raven…up to 705

3 Likes

Liking this more, but tried your build first. So thanks for the tip!

[1220,6520,6759,7102,3053,3,1,1,3,1,3,3,14004]

3 Likes

The LB on xbox is comprised mostly of players with score slightly above 20k lol. I’m sure they still have sigils left like me but cbf doing any more battles. Yeah, players are loving this new mode lol.

1 Like

I have a right to call out what seems to be to be hostile, or at least passive-aggressive, behavior, just as you have a right to publicly disagree with me. It’s not my intention to attack you, but rather point out behavior that isn’t needed here. I agree with most of your opinion in regards to this thread.

Journey seems sort of like a less-restricted pure Delve, almost… or, as others have said, WE without medals. I do wish there was something more to help against looping, as that seems to be the primary reason for “unwinnable” battles when the AI’s stats are so crazy high. I got my head bashed in today in GWs by infinite looping as well.

2 Likes

I wonder if a good way to help newbs and endgamers alike would be for the stat boosts:

1. to be attached to every fight, instead of rarely granted

and/or:

1. to grant even more stats for the lower-level option, to make it even more attractive to choose

and/or:

1. shared across the guild as in Tower of Doom

?

1 Like

All good ideas! I had honestly hoped this would be a more collaborative event like ToD.

3 Likes

Have anyone noticed how much the “Mythic” The Wild Queen is setting up the boards for CPU in the Journey event? It is just unreal. She is missing with her spell like 50 % for me in this event and I have to take her on the bench.

Something is off and it gets to me badly.

Wild Queen has always been unreliable. You usually want to make sure a misfire won’t hurt much, by keeping the AI front troop entangled or at low attack values.

3 Likes

It has never been as bad as for this event, at least for me.