[Discourse Issue - Not Dev Issue] "This site is in read only mode..."

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
Starting sometime last night, when trying to post, update, like, etc. on the forums, I received the following message: “This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browser, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now”

What are the steps to make it happen again?
It randomly happens sometimes if I refresh the site or open a post.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!

Note: I slightly modified the screenshot above to better highlight the area in question. Unmodified version here:

1 Like

Yes me. Though it doesn’t seem to stop me from posting?

1 Like

Thanks; I was worried maybe it was something on my end triggering it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve briefly seen that message a few times, presumably it’s when they’re doing maintenance or upgrading the forums. It doesn’t usually take very long before it goes away.

I’m seeing it multiple times since yesterday.

1 Like

yes, i also have the same issue.

Is the new event system, people now just only read. Lol.

No idea of what makes it

It just happened to me. It won’t let me log out.

Same here happen to me since yesterday on my phone i didin’t tried on pc yet

1 Like

I thought it meant i was banned from the forum use. I guess not, mostly cause i can still post. (to the disdain of some people.)

Sometimes it seems fine, but then…

2 Likes

This is still happening currently @Nimhain. Just tagging because i’m not sure if you all are aware.

We are aware of this, as I’ve seen it myself. Unfortunately I’m not sure what is going on. I’ll see what I can do.

2 Likes

Thxs, @Nimhain :slight_smile: For what it’s worth it seems like most of the time it doesn’t affect anything.

1 Like

Happening to me just now as well

Ok this invalidates my thread. I’ll delete it.

Yeah, me too. But I only had this issue when I was browsing on my phone. I didn’t get the message on my laptop. (btw I use Chrome on both devices)

Sounds like a Discourse server issue, not something directly handled by the GoW site.

3 Likes

As Lyya this is an issue with the Discourse servers and not something we can fix.

1 Like

Thxs, @Nimhain; I’ve modified my title to reflect that. :slight_smile:

1 Like