Devs stop making bad Upgrades

Can’t ignore it if you want that sweet, sweet kingdom power.

1 Like

Yes you can - simply decide that you don’t care. The bonuses become so incremental that you’ll probably never notice the difference.

And it would increase the fun for being able to customize your strategy more accurately. I see no downside to this proposal, you can take it if it suits you, and you could also not take it and leave everything as is if it doesn’t.

Love it

2 Likes

And gives the devs the simplest excuse to keep ignoring the issues with upgrades as they will argue that we can simply disabled them, instead of reviewing what they didn’t properly designed in the first place. Weapons gaining magic upgrades when the spells effects don’t rely on magic stats at all is just an example as well as creation, desctruction and explosion of gems on weapons that don’t do such things in the first place.

They should be always good, Ingots are a currency that if spent should only bring benefits, not random chances to make your teams less reliable in dangerous ways, specially confronting enemies with absurd stats.

I’ve posted this before.

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! The developers should not waste a serious amount of time creating an interface and programing system, and testing to disable perks. They couldn’t have spent anytime at all creating each individual weapon. Its mostly handled via RNG. Now you want them to waste days or week implementing something they never spent anytime on the first place, NO.

The solution is to simply spend a few minutes THINKING, then alter the perks, if they actually consider them all these negative Perks can be neutral or a benefit quite easily.

Yes its amazing to spend 55 Mythic Ingots on ‘one’ perk for some of the weapons and all it does is harm the weapon.

1 Like

They don’t seem to be familiar enough with the game to understand which perks are considered “good” or “bad”. Going by Cyrup in this thread they didn’t even realize up to a few weeks ago that players might consider current perks a problem:

I’d propose that the community compiles a list of possible replacement perks, that has already been done months ago though (e.g. gaining 1 red mana instead of destroying 1 red gem). I strongly suspect that whatever we write here, it’s not going to reach the powers able to change something.

3 Likes

This is why a feature allowing everyone to customize which upgrades they consider a good one and want to have active would be a solution that would not only work now, but for future weapons as well.

edit: Plus, we would not have to all agree which ones they are.

3 Likes

Precisely. Some people might like the RNG factor of “create a red gem” where as others might not. We won’t all agree on what’s good or bad. As Tuaya says there is some strategy to using some of the upgrades, especially storm creation which I would love to be able to enable/disable like I can with talents.

4 Likes

Unless the weapon itself already creates gems there is little to no reason to even consider such upgrades good, specially because they are always the last upgrades, and usually the most expensive ones.

Just look at the opening post, an Epic Weapon with a 20% chance to kill the first enemy at it’s seventh upgrade versus the Super Mythic Weapon that basically gambles on a chance to screw your strategy.

1 Like

It’s just that we’ve already traveled down that road a long time ago. We didn’t find anybody willing to listen.

I know. Sometimes these things take time and some continued persuasion. :wink:

Different folks, different strokes. And horses for courses. Some people voted Voice of Orpheus as the best mythic. I voted for it as the worst.

3 Likes

This has been getting stonewalled for almost half a year now if you take beta feedback into account. At some point you begin to wonder if you aren’t actually trying to convince a sock puppet.

2 Likes

I guess it would have that effect, yes. :joy:

1 Like

The best “lazy” implementation would be to implement affixes in terms of how another very popular RPG implemented weapon upgrades. I’m talking about Diablo’s Runes. This is just screaming for F2P gamification.

So in this system:

• Instead of “spend ingots and voila”, each weapon would have “slots”.
  • The game would have “Runes” that, when forged into a weapon, would confer affixes. Each rune would have a different effect.
  • Runes could be obtained plenty of ways:
    • Direct drops.
    • Event prizes.
    • Expensive Soulforge crafting.
    • Leaderboard wins.
    • Flash sales.
    • Finding a solution to the Traveling Salesman problem and transferring all rights to 505.

Then players “could choose whatever affixes they wanted”. This would manifest as “a few people would crunch numbers and decide the optimum set of runes per weapon”. Then everyone would bicker about how it’s too hard to get said runes. Then a few competitive players would get them and bicker that it’s too easy to get said runes. All of this could take months or years.

That sounds a lot more fun than what we have, which feels like “We had a bag of random effects and let the RNG decide which ones went on each weapon.”

2 Likes

So please, enlight me who benefits from such upgrades in this particular, but not unique, case:

There are bad/useless upgrades, things that anyone spending at least two whole minutes looking at a weapon could indetify promptly. It’s not about tastes or strategies at ANY DEGREE, and asking the devs to put “Turn off” switches on all weapon’s upgrades is the shortest, and lazyest, “Get away with :cow: :poop: designs” card they could use for the issue.

4 Likes

I could equally ask you to enlighten me why someone would think Voice of Orpheus is the best mythic. I’m not so arrogant to think I can accurately predict what features 100% of people enjoy.

I also didn’t say that there aren’t any useless upgrades, or that weapon upgrades couldn’t benefit from some more thought, so thanks for showing me the anus sceptre but I’m already well aware that there are useless nonsensical upgrades. Another imperfection in an imperfect game :man_shrugging:

But just as they aren’t going to rework every troop in the game, they aren’t going to look at each weapon individually. The ability to turn upgrades on and off seems like a good quick fix, and is to me more preferable than doing nothing.

4 Likes

Then why are you and others contesting this thread that is asking FOR AN END TO SUCH USELESS UPGRADES?

But i’m not arguing about preferences, you are grasping at straws about the creation of a single gem being possibly a strategic preference, when at best it works for spells boosted in some way by the number of gems present in the board and that also goes for the enemies just like a Storm can help the adversaries. More often than nothing it’ll make no difference, but it also has a chance to setup an extra turn match for the enemies. Trading it for a small amount of mana like 1 or 2 prevents the gamble without hindering spells that doesn’t changes the board in any way. This is objectively better, even at the loss of a minimal change in the number of gems present in the board, which as i already said can also benefits the enemies.

Can you re-read these following sentences and try your best to understand them?

At least something will be done about it, if the devs decide to do at least what i asked we are looking currently at 50ish (probably less) weapons if they review most of the recent weapons from Raids/Invasions too.

If you and others still feel like a further improvement to weapons upgrades would have the option to turn those off, then by all means make a Request about it. I just don’t get WHY THIS THREAD IS BEING DERAILED AND CONTESTED BY YOU???

1 Like

Yes.

It is all that.

And I’ll take it right now, just tell me where to sign!

If it fixes the problem, bring it on please. For smallest of a patch that it would seem to be, if it gets the job done, then it’s altogether a job well done.

And the beauty of it is that we can continue to disagree, see? Some can keep all of the affixes activated until (or if ever) they review each weapon, while others can actually apply their own customization which tbh sounds very thrilling to me.

2 Likes

Again, having the option to turn these off, will more than likely give the devs a “free pass” to keep using random generated affixes, so we’ll keep getting dumb upgrades where we pay ingots TO NOT benefit from anything… This is a bad design choice in my opinion and more than likely a waste of time and resources when simply using time to check and elaborate and implement better affixes could be cheap and quick.

2 Likes