Devs, please slow down!

So can somebody explain this statement to me?

Right now, I’m reading it as the player given feedback is that there are too many gem sink events back to back, so the developers are introducing Tower of Doom.

Yet, only the top 3 guilds get some gems back (500, 300, 200), while the rest get 100 or less. The player only gets a sum total of 55 gems back from the rewards tab.

Meanwhile, the brand new weapon is located at tier 4 which is 500 gems…

So, the answer to too many gem sink events is another gem sink event? Please correct me if I’m seeing this incorrectly…

23 Likes

I mean …

3 Likes

I think they meant from the LB, like Guild Wars, but yep, it’s a pretty small amount of gems we get back either way.

If it’s a coding issue, why not just add new code to implement a 50 gem refund everytime we spend 50 gems to change class. That seems a simple workaround to me

I agree with your post beings that I am at a similar place in the game, I spent years attacking this game logically to achieve pretty close to everything, my main goal was to be on the ascension LB and I have achieved that, I mainly help others do the same in my guild family, because it is a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll, and at a certain point it is very achievable to easily maintain or get the ball rolling if done properly

1 Like

Oh, that’s simple.

“We also created and introduced Tower of Doom after player feedback that there were too many gem sink events back to back.”

Translates to:

“You complained about too many gem sinks so we took away a potential gem source (Guild Wars) and added another gem sink. Keep complaining and we’ll do it again. Now, does anybody else want to complain about how many gem sinks there are? Hmm?”

11 Likes

Nope. You’re seeing this the same way I am. I don’t get how this Tower event is like Guild Wars or a break from Gem Sinks and Sigil Events.

Last time I checked, I didn’t need to spend hundreds of Gems in Guild Wars for a weapon to help me do well. And I don’t remember ever having to buy Sigils (i just played my battles and I was done).

The only “Guild War”-like thing about this mode is the Leaderboard… And even thats a stretch. And, if this mode is supposed to be a “break” from Sigil Events and Gem Sinks, it is done pretty badly.

Let’s call it what it is: Guild based Delves. It’s another Sigil based Event filled to the brim with Gem Shop Tiers based off of (cookie cut) from an already existing game mode… Yippy. Not.

3 Likes

Edit: post removed due to discrimination

Well when people are spending like crazy to get 1 power Orb the DEVS see that as lets give them more of what works. If it’s not broke do not fix it.

1 Like

Seriously, what am i missing here.

2 Likes

after looking at the rewards and structure, realizing there was yet another new item used to upgrade the doom weapon, and playing about 15 minutes of the doom event, i finally quit the game. its hard to walk away after investing so much time but i just cant with this game anymore.

Bump do we get your attention yet dev?

Nope…

Apparently its been a great success according to the 2018 Summary.

168 new troops were released! Can you imagine!!!
Too bad 90% is dead content right from the start and another 5% is copies of already existing troops only with adjusted numbers.

Oh…and the 4 new games modes are also unique…
Same boring concept of fighting massively scaling enemies with a limited troop selection one way or the other in all 4 of them.
Insipiring stuff.

Yeah but this is tempered by noting the January 2019 meta is almost 100% different from the 2018 meta. In 2018 we were facing Divines, Divines, and Firebombs. This was hot on the heels of Nyxbringer, Nyxbringer, and Firebombs. Before that it was KrakenMab, KrakenMab, and Firebombs. In 2019 the meta feels more like:

• Divines
  • Skeleton Key
  • Bronzelock
  • Dragon’s Eye
  • FlammiGuai
  • Lust
  • Firebombs

That’s actually a pretty diverse crowd, and while we think some of them are broken almost all of them are using something from that 2018 crop of content.

The same can be said in GW, I’m facing a 2018 meta team in almost every match. Pre-2018 strategies have almost been totally obsoleted. If you’re not seeing that, find a guild a few dozen brackets ahead of you and give it a try.

im in bracket 1 and every single day most every defense is either DE or yao, very rarely has it been anything unique… idk if there is some plot to save these builds for intrim or if some bracket 1 guilds are not going for the unique troops bonus or what but its crazy

Thanks for the tip, but my Guild is actually a few dozen brackets ahead of yours :wink:

1 Like

One actually… But math is hard.

Almost as hard as thinking out of the box.

2 Likes

I based it off what I’m seeing, but every day has its woes. I’m tiptoeing around callouts and revealing teams I’m stealing here. No particular order, here is what I’ve faced:

• 5 “gold meta” teams, including Skeleton Key and Bronzelock.
  • 4 “teams I’ve never seen before”, one of them seems very promising.
  • 3 Divines, you can guess the makeup.
  • 3 “specifically Skeleton Key” teams, these are included in the 5 above so don’t try summing this list.
  • 3 “I guess it’s Blue day” Skadi/Undine teams.
  • 1 Dragon’s Eye team, in a very bad configuration that was easy to beat.
  • 1 Doomskulls team.
  • A handful of other teams that don’t have a meta name.

It’s a pretty wide spread with at least some of the guilds cooking up good ideas, from my viewpoint. The guild relying heaviest on DE was also using the most obvious non-DE defense exclusively, I’m willing to write that off as our day was not considered a day to try very hard. There is a Paragon I didn’t reach who was using a more traditional DE team, but if I include it in my count it still makes DE less than 10% of my matches so far.

I do think bracket matters. I didn’t see this many unique teams that required me to modify my go-tos in B3. One day in particular the reason I lost a match was learning “OK, this team works great against what the guild is testing, but not against the more typical defenses.” I’m also pretty certain one opponent wrote us off as pushovers because it felt like a Bracket 3 day.

I don’t think it’s conjecture to believe that guilds might consider “Intrim Day” their “hard day” and throw out a DE team across the board. It also depends heavily on which day: some days have very powerful and flexible offensive choices, whereas others have fairly clear gaps to exploit.

So long-story short: start collecting data if you aren’t. Then you can count what you’re seeing. And if you live in the same bracket a lot, you’ll get a good feel for if certain opponents perceive you as a threat.

(Also I wish the forums had a spot for player guilds. I wouldn’t have said that line if I had any clue? AWR is the only person I can easily connect to a guild. One day he’s going to leave his own guild and I’m going to die of confusion.)

It all depense on you. What you aim at. If you aming for endgame. Then go for it. Might take you some year’s but that’s what you want. If you aiming for fun and chill. Then chill out. don’t make post like this. Becouse you are bringing negativity in gems of wars. It’s like guys. I don’t have all the troops and recourse. So don’t join and play the game. And why would say and do some shit like that. If can’t handle it then just delete the game without infect scarring away the new player’s thats checking out the forum.
You’re aim is more like this :disappointed_relieved: I think