Devs, please slow down!

You said the people complaining aren’t just interested in 100% and then ended by saying you’re bothered that you can’t keep your 100% trophy status. Every single complaint is from people who can’t “complete” something. It’s a game meant to be played for enjoyment. If people are upset because they can’t complete a collection or maintain their status I’d argue they’re probably playing out of addiction or just habit and not for fun. In the world of dlc there’s no such thing as completion. Try any other modern game and you’ll have the same problem.

1 Like

Just because it looks like a lot of end game players are leaving, doesn’t mean they are a whole. Overall, our retention is very high across early, mid and end game players. We haven’t seen an increased drop in end game players over the last several updates. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

yeah, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that they enjoy any of the recent (look raid/ invasions) or new content added. Some of the people who do participate in those events they do it because they are emotialy invested in the game (having been here for many years) or part of guild where loyalty and social interactions matter. What if you release a survey either in ingame news or by email for forum users asking their views on the serious issue that’s been discussed here? Oh and by the way, please remove the 50 gem class change :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We’ve explained several times before why we can’t remove the 50 gem class fee. :frowning:

I just wanted to shed a little light on the metrics we are seeing on our end. We also created and introduced Tower of Doom after player feedback that there were too many gem sink events back to back. We can’t implement all player feedback for a number of reason. Some of these include the following… All players have their ideal version of Gems of War, and it is impossible to please everyone. We have our own ideas on the future of our game, as does our publisher. We don’t have the time and resources to invest in every aspect of the game, so each update must focus on a particular change, game mode or part of the playerbase. Etc, etc.

1 Like

via Imgflip Meme Generator

5 Likes

6 Likes

I also decided to make this one to call myself out.

4 Likes

I’m still not certain this has been explained. Is the limitation a technical one or a financial one?

2 Likes

It’s a coding limitation with how it has been implemented in game. Also, it’s not just our decision as to whether we can change the cost. As such, it has to stay the way it is for now.

Sirrian and Nimhain explained this at further length in a past Q&A stream.

+1000 to Babadook memes…

That is all.

Your meme penwomenship is excellent. Do you use a stylus?

1 Like

I love a good Babadook meme. I did these in the snip tool with my mouse because I didn’t want to wait for photoshop to boot. AHAHAHAHAHA I am so sorry.

1 Like

@Jainus Everything you put in this post, I couldn’t agree with more. It’s “spot on” to how I’m feeling about the game these days.

I can’t speak for everyone, but I wouldn’t have. Just to give some context:

Let’s say the post-New UI stuff didn’t happen and we never got Sigil Events and Gem Shops. So, we’re still getting new troops, weapons, kingdoms, classes, like we were before, I would have been perfectly okay with that.

I mean, I will say if some things (like new classes) were more frequently released, like they are now, that would be cool. And, I would even be cool with some new stuff like Gnomes and Pets, at least at their core idea.

I’m not all “down with new content!”, over here. I just wish things were done a bit different and done a bit better. You don’t have to look far in this thread to see what I’m talking about. There are other people bringing up points about Delves and Raids and whatever else. About how “expensive” they are, time consuming, etc. And I completely agree.

Fundamentally, I believe Gems was amazing pre-New UI. Had we kept that same foundation in place and then just added things like Pets, Orbs, Gnomes, etc, on top, I’d be one happy camper.

As I said before, I’m not anti-New Content, I just feel we deserve more than: glorified Engery systems, Gem Sinks, copy-paste/cookie cutter events, game modes designed to waste your time “just because”, and the like.

But, maybe that’s just me, just my opinion. However, based on other responses in this thread, I don’t think I’m the only one who feels this way.

+1 to this and to the other part in your comment toward what Salty said :+1:

Yup, this is how I feel. Also, I’m a GM, so I can’t just “bail”, if I don’t like a new game mode… or five.

Also, I liked your idea that I marked in Bold text. +1 to that :+1:

4 Likes

coding limitation…but also “not just our decision”

I joined at the end of February and I love this game. I think the game is going in the right direction. It was a very low amount of activities when I joined and I’m glad that now we have more of that. If I have time - I will complete all delves, tasks, dungeons, daily events and if I don’t have time - all of these can be skipped.
Yes, we have a number of bugs and irritating things like class change, but overall I like the game and last updates. Delves is my favourite part of the game and I’m excited about the upcoming Tower of Doom.

Every game as a service needs updates to survive. It’s just the modern game industry.

1 Like

I feel you.

Everything feels like a chore in gems of war. Delves are boring and take way too long. Events as well. All they do is scale and scale and scale.

Except the new change is just “add another event that scales” over and over again

2 Likes

The reason console games stop releasing dlc content is because they release a sequel. Mobile based games don’t generally release sequels. If you look at mobile games in the same way as console games you’ll see that gow ended at version 1.0 and then you were playing gow2. At this point we’re at gow5. That’s why you really can’t directly compare console or pc to mobile games even if they’re cross platform.

Not sure why it would matter but I grew up with Atari 2600 and bought nes the day it was released so my games played would be in the multiple thousands by now across all the consoles, pc and now mobile. Lots of us old timers playing these games still lol

I believe you are correct. There are very few endgame players leaving. What you are losing is oldgame players. They are leaving because the game has changed too much from the game they got hooked on. Since they have been around since the beginning, they have–simply by virtue of having played for so long–all advanced to the endgame. (If you want to run a little stats on this, Endgame is a confounding factor in this scenario.) The reason your retention is so high is because the players you are retaining are only familiar with the newest versions of the game. They are still getting pretty much the product they signed up for.

As you weed more and more old players out, you will end up with a core of enthusiastic new players who don’t remember the good old days and who support the new game. These happy new players will give you the money the disgruntled old players stopped giving and you will continue to be very profitable. And you will also have to put up with far fewer whiny posts like this one. As I think more on this, I wonder if the replacement of the player base might not actually be a secret goal?

1 Like

And what about Guild Events. I was looking forward to Tower of Doom, then saw that it meant no down time. We’re moving from 1 event to the next w/out a break it seems. I’d love to be wrong, but if not I’ll have to start missing some of the events. I don’t want to, letting my guild down is annoying. But like many players I only have so much time/week to play. Please Devs, slow up a bit!