Devs, please slow down!

Thanks for taking the time to post such a considerate response.

A few points I’d disagree / comment on:

• it’s not an ask for new content to stop, but to slow, or at least not need an extra 20+ battles per day to feel like progressing at all
  • your stance throughout is perfectly logical, but I think you underestimate the emotional impact of feeling the collection is impossible to finish, when for many people the game is a collection game - they aren’t comfortable just knowing the collection is growing and improving, when the gap to what isn’t collected or maxed grows even faster - or they’ll switch to a game where the same time playing feels like it’s achieving more
  • I’m increasingly uncomfortable with how energy gating seems to rule the game now, after the early years of the devs flatly avoiding it - yes I can play as much as I like, when I like - except that it’s not the modes I need to play to progress missing collectibles - I don’t need to do endless pvp - I have about 50m gold and 200k+ glory that I can’t spend - yet bloody delves are gated with sigils and those troops will never be in the drop pools - for players that have everything else, this is a pain
  • because my vast four-year-old stack of resources is actually no use at all to get the newest things, I have to play the new modes as much as I can - which takes way more time - don’t underestimate again the emotional impact of feeling you ‘missed out’ by not being able to play long enough
11 Likes