Developer Q & A

What Type of troop will the Invasions be this week?

For once it’s not same time then your stream tacet :slight_smile:

1 Like

“Ask only the questions we want to answer about a feature we’ve discussed to death”.

OH BOY! raises hand May we please have a pet that is a dancing monkey? It can have a speech bubble that says “how high” every time the non transparent Q&A threads pop up telling us to jump!

EDIT: I would like to ask, “about the 3.4 update”, how did y’all manage to break the 4 gem matching mechanic to the point that it gives the opposing team the extra turn?

:frowning:

2 Likes

Sadly, I will have to watch later, as shopping is needed lol

@Doordash_Support there will be an open forum at the end.

Soon TM I can read on Twitter, you silly goose. I’m not mad at y’all. I’ve been sick all weekend and these Q&A things never go well for me. I find myself questioning more than I find answered. Besides, I’m sick. I’m going to get a huge mug of coffee like you do and match gems (but not 4 gems, because I don’t want to lose… )

1 Like

We are live! Please join us. :slight_smile: Sirrian and Nim will be answering some questions from the forums (this thread!) soon!!!

We are now talking about 3.5!!!

That was great, an hour of solid information only one or two silly fluff questions. Would love to see this more often. I know Nim and Sirrian are busy people though, appreciate them taking their time out to do this.

6 Likes

Thank you! Really enjoyed Q & A @Sirrian @Nimhain @Saltypatra @Virginia1984

I can hear the riots starting if crafting Zuul’Goth became an actual Achievement. I’m sure some people started using Orbs already thinking they were safe to ignore ZG and use Orbs for their intended purpose instead.

People already disliked Xathenos. Think people would rather see Dawnbringer become an achievement instead… except the people that hated farming Souls for Xathenos lol

lets nerf exploders was the answer to Doomskull mess… cut to 50% ya lets nerf some of the best troops in the game and make them USELESS like bone dragon . :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

6 Likes

I don’t know how twitch work but is there an option to disable chat while you guys talk about stuff and then put chat on when it’s time for question?

Sometime it was a distraction i wasn’t focus on stream

1 Like

I’m glad you liked it @VenusBlue. :slight_smile:

I’d love to field some suggestions from you all regarding future q and as.

I was thinking of extending them to run for an hour and a half to two hours. This would allow for more open floor question time, as well as a comprehensive deep dive into a feature’s development process.

Does the time and day work for you all? We wanted to give you a weekend stream as not every can do mid week. We will still be running your weekly Salty Stream weekly, the Q and As will be bonus content. :slight_smile:

Are there any other changes you could recommend to our format? We won’t be doing a pure Q and A as the same questions tend to get asked. We also like having the opportunity to talk more about game development and what happens behind the scenes.

Don’t forget sirrian and nim coffee next time :stuck_out_tongue:

Any summary for bunnies who sleep at night?:sob::rabbit:

1 Like

Hi Salty,

The weekend stream was a pleasant surprise. Being later on a Sunday night in the US is a lot more palatable than on a workday night.

The hour went by so quickly, especially once Sirrian and Nim went into their treasure trove of past GoW developmental war stories. Those stories were really interesting to hear and added a lot of depth to the how and why things are the way they are in GoW.

4 Likes

Super duper late for me, but thankfully it’s a holiday today. So, I’ll give this a shot before crashing for the night.

Pets

– New pets will be releasing once a month.
– There will be seasonal pets (similar to Imps)
– Special event pets can happen as well.
– Devs are looking to into increased ways make pets more accessible for players. This includes possibly adding a second full-day pet event per week.
– Pet notifications via mobile alerts are currently being actively investigated. Current mobile notification system is not capable of doing this.
– Pets with duplicate skills planned in the future to allow stacking of multiple pet bonuses of similar types.
– Pet level up icons coming in 3.5.
– Pets have the potential to increase potency of more than just stats (example given of increasing poison damage/turn)

Gameplay

– Doomskulls + exploders are a bit overpowered in combination. Options on the table are to reduce the potency of explosions and reduce the amount of mana collected from exploded mana further (50-60% being considered).

– Soulforge: Something new in 3.5. Sirrian seems to suggest weapon enchantment to make weapons relevant again. Requires another new currency to collect (Black Manacles +10 mentioned).

– Arena permanent “fix” mentioned… and that’s it.

– Heroes: Fixing heroes. Heroes are great at level 1, great with Dawnbringer, and suck everywhere else. Vagueness ensued, but seemed to hint that all the old classes will be reworked to be relevant.

– Kingdom Star system being reworked. Moving to a quest/task system to earn kingdom stars. Existing kingdoms will be grandfathered into the new system at current star power levels at the time of the patch.

– PC gaining console daily tasks.

– The Big Map Update is coming in 3.6.

– 50 gem class change costs are not going to be removed in the short-term. Requires a major change in the code to fix. Possible in 3.6, maybe, but not before.

– Treasure map rewards are not going to be revamped. Unbalancing to economy to do so.

– VIP keys are not going to happen as daily VIP rewards. Pet food and other minor currencies might be added to daily VIP rewards in the future.

I think that’s most of it. Partial disclaimer that I might have missed something given that it’s 2:45 in the morning. :slight_smile:

31 Likes

You are amazing @Lyrian.

3 Likes

This one I don’t buy. Maybe to removed the cost completely requires an extensive code overwrite but to change it to 1 gems in the meantime seems possible.

Is that “50 gems” generated by some obscure mechanism??? I seriously don’t understand how it can be that hard to change that number in the code to be honest.

4 Likes