Developer Q & A

This. I would also ask about:

• Why pets don’t have the same color-change as troops (where the color changes once you ascend and not once you reach max level). As it is right now, unless I look exactly at how many pets I have, I have no idea which can still be leveled. I had absolutely forgotten I had ascended my mini mimic until a misclick on him and only then saw I could level him.
  • Why the “your pet can be leveled” part in the menu gets an exclamation mark even if all you have is wrong-color food that’s not white (so it would just be a huge waste), but the ascension button doesn’t get one, even if you can ascend the pet? That makes no sense to me, I would love it the other way round in addition to what @Shimrra already said (symbols already in the pet list, just like upgradeable troops).
  • If we can have 100000000 more kinds of bunnies, please?:rabbit:
7 Likes

Filter by “upgradeable”.

More to the point of “less confusion for everyone”…

Can we just have the pets start as “Ultra-rare” and be blue and ascend three times like normal Ultras?

Ultra = Blue = 5 max
vv
Epic = Purple = 10 max
vv
Legendary = Orange = 15 max
vv
Mythic = Teal = 20 max

Instead of… well I can’t even do a simple diagram for whatever we have right now because its not easily convertible.

The “color equals level not ascension” thing has got to go.

If not… why??

I’ve got pets that look like I just got them. Green, lvl1. Nothing out of the ordin- oh that’s right, I have ascended it three times, but because its near-worthless like a stat bonus to an obscure never-used troop type … I haven’t leveled it at all and it looks like I just don’t have any copies. COOL.

(He says, having Legendary Mini Moa … shush.)

What’s the difference between functional and cosmetic pets? Do they have a level and can their rarity be upgraded? If yes, is there any effect, like visuals changing?

Upgrades pet mastery is about it from what they have said.

@Tacet

Sorry to say this here, but since you did videos on it it seems relevant… I’ll pm you the link.

I… I want to ask a question which was asked before in an earlier Q&A, here on the forums and on stream. And it is, somewhat, related to pets. And despite you sending a message to Sirrian on stream, we never got the answer. So I will ask it again now, in hopes that whoever was the original person wanting to know about it is still around (I forgot who it was again):

How much does Sirrian weigh in (long-tailed) Chinchillas?

And, I shall add:

How much does Ozball weigh in Netherland Dwarf Rabbits?

:rabbit::rabbit::rabbit::rabbit::rabbit::rabbit::rabbit::rabbit::rabbit::rabbit:

Will the mystery finally be solved?!:open_mouth:

3 Likes

Now that Doomskulls are in, exploding cascade are even greater (more mana collected).

Are you guys still « keeping a close watch on explosion » and are you still happy with the 70% mana generated?

4 Likes

Yeah they should decrease mana gained from cascades/explosions that occur after matching doom skulls. There are way more possibilities for gems to be matched through cascades after an explosion. Also, exploding doom skulls is way overpowered. MAYBE give the Dhrak-Zum doom skull generators a trait that gives them more mana from explosions. And reduce mana gained from doom skull explosions on other troops.

I don’t really think those Dhrak-Zum doom skull generators need a helping hand, “underpowered” feels like one of the last words I’d use to describe them.

I don’t really think they’re OVERpowered either because they don’t even come near divines or other meta teams, especially on defense they are pretty bad.

3 Likes

when comes daily tasks to pc/mobile? :neutral_face:

@Barney_Stinson we are hoping to introduce them in 3.5 . :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I think we should replace both the metric & imperial systems with this.
I’m going to call it the PETRIC system of measurement.

All weights will be split as follows:
1 African Elephant = 100 Huacaya Alpacas = 12000 Long Tailed Chinchillas

And all measurements of distance will be split thusly:
1 Giraffe = 25 Axolotls = 2000 Saharan Silver Ants (edited)

14 Likes

What is the base unit for speed? My unsolicited suggestion is the air speed of an unladen swallow.

3 Likes

An African or European swallow?

2 Likes

Bunny. Just bunny. Bunnies are FAST!:rabbit:
Bunnies_e4495c_5378113

4 Likes

You’re addicted to bunnies.

1 Like

I second this thought and would like to expand it for a plea to buff the bonus teams in general.

Does anyone remember the challenge in Guild Wars with weekly 25-50% stat boost (especially for magic). Only with some troops (Scale Guard, Astral Spirit) this was unfair.

The +1 start bonus is the most common and is only rewarded with the x2 and x3 multiplier at level 1 and level 20, which is suboptimal and does not feel like reward for the other levels.
The +2 start bonus is the second most common and is only rewarded with the x2 x2.5 x3 multiplier.

My suggestion is:
Add +1 to all start bonuses to boost all bonus teams stats
or
gives the x2,25 and x2,75 multiplier each a +1 boost, so that for n=1…6 the formula for level 1-5 is
2n, 2.25n+1, 2.5n+1, 2.75n+2, 3n+2

so for n=1 there is a +2,+3,+3,+4,+5 bonus progression
so for n=2 there is a +4,+5,+6,+7,+8 bonus progression

so for n=6 there is a +12,+14,+16,+18,+20 bonus progression

Compared to the 50% boost to all stats this is still weak :stuck_out_tongue:

Really? I dunno, what gave you that idea?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rabbit:
index